RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Look?

Bleach

Knight
Jeff;682393 said:
Web 2.0!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 8> 8> 8> 8> 8> !!!!!!0.2 deW

I love reflections tbh

Jeff, srsly, can I donate for ConnectUO?
Maybe mail you a fruit basket of something?

A_Li_N

Knight
Ryan;682016 said:
I like it.

Game Over.

I love it...both the fact that you so blatantly shut them down and the look. Although, personally, I'd go with the same 'look' in a green, just because I like green more than blue. Maybe that could be worked on? Color themes (green, black, etc)

Bleach

Knight
We didn't even get a choice though.

Coulda left us a few pics of different layouts, and had a vote on it.
But, it's what he wants, so whatever.

Malaperth

Wanderer
The internet is not a democracy. Each site/forum/whatever, is private property and this forum does not say anywhere anything official about voting. Ryan made a decision about his property.

Malaperth;682668 said:
Quite so... Giving negative opinions about people that have the power to remove you was never a good plan in my opinion...
Sucking up to people who abuse power is worse tbh. ... Smarter, but worse.

Malaperth

Wanderer
Abuse power? What abuse? This is Ryan's property. He can do with it what he likes, and our opinions are irrelevant. For the record, I don't like the colors, but noone asked me, nor is anyone going to.

Malaperth;682676 said:
Abuse power? What abuse? This is Ryan's property. He can do with it what he likes, and our opinions are irrelevant. For the record, I don't like the colors, but noone asked me, nor is anyone going to.
I never accused Ryan of abusing power...just that it would be wrong to suck up to someone who does. Also, our opinions are quite relevant...RUO is only successful because of it's community, but if the community left...RUO would quickly become a thing of the past.

oh and...What do you think of the colors Malaperth? :p Had to ask you since no one else did. :D

Jeff

Lord
Storm33229;682681 said:
RUO is only successful because of it's community, but if the community left...RUO would quickly become a thing of the past.

WOW, AMAZAZING, U R SO SMART. Dude, thats prolly the most retarded statement ive ever read on here. EVERY SINGLE application/program is only successful cause of their community. Thanks for pointing out an irrelevant obvious fact.

Malaperth

Wanderer
Code:
I never accused Ryan of abusing power...

Code:
Sucking up to people who abuse power is worse tbh.

If you weren't accusing Ryan of abusing power, what possible relevance could your reply have had to my post?

Code:
Quite so... Giving negative opinions about people that have the power to remove you was never a good plan in my opinion...

And, frankly, I fail to see how this is sucking up... If someone tells you that it's a bad idea to bitch at a cop when he's giving you a ticket, is that sucking up? I rather think it's a sensible fact...

4RK3TYP3

Wanderer
This thread gives me gas...tbh...

Storm, product popularity can be summed up using the smart kid analogy.

You have the loud mouthed annoying kinda smart kid. He knows a thing or two about a thing or two, but that's about it. However, due to his loud and flamboyant approach to what he does know...he gets all the attention and is praised for being some kind of genius of sorts by the larger population when in all reality...he's not.

You then have the exceptionally intelligent kid in the corner. He's reading his book happy that no one is bugging him because then he doesn't have to deal with the stupid people all day. He lets the loud mouth get what he wants because the exceptionally intelligent kid knows that there will be a time down the road where the "smart kid" won't have the answer, and his "deciples" will lose all confidence in him. However, the people that know the exceptionally intelligent kid go to him, because they realize that the loud mouth "smart kid" is more flash and noise signifying nothing. His followers will stay with him till the end.

RUO is like the exceptionally intelligent kid. The people who come here whining about how stupid the community is have a high chance of leaving and the community goes on without them. But the people who come in and want to be here tend to stay here.

Windows used to be the exceptionally intelligent kid. But you can see what happened when they decided to be the loud mouth "smart" kid (with vista)...;)