RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Look?

WarAngel

Wanderer
Macil;682119 said:
Then again, if nobody likes it why don't people submit their own ideas/artwork at a better layout with graphics? I dare you! (This excludes myself because I have no artistic or creative talent what so ever)

*submits the old RunUO design*

mehoo

Sorceror
It hurts my eyes, it makes me feel like I'm using more electricity viewing it than before with the old layout

WarAngel

Wanderer
It's not really all that bad (configure your color settings correctly? :D). I'll probably have forgotten what the old layout looked like in a week.

Puron1794

Wanderer
It's toned down more on Vista....like you said, color settings perhaps, but I'm still not thrilled with it. The again, I'm also stubborn so.. :p

Anti-Basic;682082 said:
That really hurt him... you are the king of flames, really you are.
I would personally like to thank you for being the #1 flame inciting member on these forums, you've been an amazing addition to the community!

bzk90

Lord
*still waiting for Ryan to implement the CSS/XHTML version of the main site*

I Like everything about this forum except for the header and the place where "is offline/online" is located

Storm33229;682167 said:
I would personally like to thank you for being the #1 flame inciting member on these forums, you've been an amazing addition to the community!
Wow, you completely missed it. That sucks. Better luck next time.

Johabius

Knight
Bah, owned by the owner :( Actually the layout isn't the bad part. I think with a little tweaking of the color scheme, I might actually like it a bit.

I think some of us (including me) are allergic to change.

pacolaco2

Sorceror
Ryan;682016 said:
I like it.

Game Over.

'Game over', That's what the Pacman said to me, little did that fucker know that I had another 50 cents in my pocket..

Ps.

Personally, I would like to see the colors darkened a tad, they're very bright on the eyes and uncomfortable to look at.

Courageous

Wanderer
Okay... the new look.... hate it. The blue just glares at me.

That said, the "Can you script my shard?" peek up is fucking hilarious.

C//

One thing I do like is the Firefox-like animations when doing a Quick Reply. EDIT: or edit. or save...ok for everything.

but the colors... bleh ..layout...better than the old one..

EDIT 2: I think the glassy blue would be fine against a darker color... like black or dark gray.

HellRazor

Knight
Johabius;682192 said:
I think some of us (including me) are allergic to change.

I don't mind change. But I do like to be able to read what I am looking at.

Light text against a light background is hard to read, especially with lots of glowing blue all around it to distract you.

Darkening the forum text would help alot.

Deimos

Page
Hmm yea, I agree
Change is good, but....grey text on bright white, is a poor choice imo

But, I doubt it's going to be changed, given Ryan's response.

Shame.