RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Look?

Puron1794

Wanderer
srsly... this thread is becoming as pointless as the KR threads that were closed. Like it, don't like it... either way it's not going to change so move on to more important things like harvesting belly lint or perhaps start a scratch-n-sniff sticker collection. :p

Malaperth

Wanderer
Puron1794;682736 said:
srsly... this thread is becoming as pointless as the KR threads that were closed. Like it, don't like it... either way it's not going to change so move on to more important things like harvesting belly lint or perhaps start a scratch-n-sniff sticker collection. :p

I think that is the most sensible post I have ever seen in Starbucks.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Theme changes are like acts of God.

There's nothing you can do about it, and they aren't insured.

This looks sorta like a theme from three or four iterations ago. Except more blue. Now I have to change all my graphics. Bah. Theme looks nice, though. And the "Can you script MY SHARD?" is highly amusing.

Malaperth;682690 said:
If you weren't accusing Ryan of abusing power, what possible relevance could your reply have had to my post?
If someone got removed for calling Ryan lazy because he coppied a forum template from somewhere else...uhh...sounds like it'd be abuse of power to me. But because it did not happen, I am not accusing anyone of anything.

Also I never accused anyone of sucking up...I was just stating that I would rather voice my opinions about someone than kiss their feet.

@Jeff: no it made plenty of sense and was completely relevant.
Because his software is dependent on the community, our ideas and opinions matter quite a bit.

Malaperth;682765 said:
Our opinions of the RunUO software itself may matter. Our opinions of things on/about these forums do not.
Unless of course we all decided that the forums completely reflected the performance and quality of the software and decided that because the forums are now blue...each and every one of us will pack up and leave RUO and start bashing it...

but tbh I don't see that happening. I still think that our opinions are relevant...no matter what part of RUO it is.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Storm33229;682770 said:
Unless of course we all decided that the forums completely reflected the performance and quality of the software and decided that because the forums are now blue...each and every one of us will pack up and leave RUO and start bashing it...

but tbh I don't see that happening. I still think that our opinions are relevant...no matter what part of RUO it is.

SHUT THE FUCK UP !!!!!!!

?

Killamus

Knight
I think its rather funny. I, personally, don't care for the blue and white. I don't care, its the same forums. Think about it this way; if a book had scribbles for a cover, but was a good book, would you not still read it? Even if the scribbles made you dizzy at first, you get over it.

And I can't believe I helped spark a flame war over a sarcastic comment that was made to be a joke.
Because, heaven knows, the internet is serious business.

Killamus;682806 said:
I think its rather funny. I, personally, don't care for the blue and white. I don't care, its the same forums. Think about it this way; if a book had scribbles for a cover, but was a good book, would you not still read it? Even if the scribbles made you dizzy at first, you get over it.

And I can't believe I helped spark a flame war over a sarcastic comment that was made to be a joke.
Because, heaven knows, the internet is serious business.
There was a flame war? Misunderstanding more like...

Killamus

Knight
Storm33229;682807 said:
There was a flame war? Misunderstanding more like...

Ok, misunderstanding then. Its becoming more and more like a flame war, to someone who's stood outside of the ring until this point in time, however.

HellRazor

Knight
Malaperth;682765 said:
Our opinions of the RunUO software itself may matter. Our opinions of things on/about these forums do not.

So basically you think Ryan doesn't care about anyone's opinion? That sure isn't giving him much credit.

I think you are wrong. I think our opinions do matter. I don't think anyone wants a community full of mindless drones with no opinions about anything. Constructive feedback is good.

That doesn't mean necessarily that anything will change. But these are discussion forums and I doubt anyone has much issue with people discussing the change as long as we can do it without acting like a bunch of idiots.

(That's a big "if").