RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plz support migrants

Dodge1965 said:
yet someone says something mildly un politically correct and suddenly people get all holier than thou and judgemental about it.

Aside from it being a funny joke or not (I can see the humour in it, and it IS funny but that is not the point) you should realise that what you say in front of an audience is said with your reputation power. If a member of the government makes such a joke in public, he/she risks telling the joke to people who lost family that way, on behalf of the government. That doesnt realy help public relations, and only makes you look dumb on a camera, available for eternal replay.

I don't suppose you tell the paramedic jokes to the family do you ?

Dodge1965

Wanderer
Planet_Jeroen said:
Aside from it being a funny joke or not (I can see the humour in it, and it IS funny but that is not the point) you should realise that what you say in front of an audience is said with your reputation power. If a member of the government makes such a joke in public, he/she risks telling the joke to people who lost family that way, on behalf of the government. That doesnt realy help public relations, and only makes you look dumb on a camera, available for eternal replay.

I don't suppose you tell the paramedic jokes to the family do you ?

Fully agree with what you are saying, i think the surprise of hearing it from such a high profile person was actually funnier than the joke, being amazed at what a stupid thing it was to do.

I kinda do to my teenage son, the ones he told me from school and college are just as bad, but strangely not to my mum.........why do we always assume our parents are incredibly naive and innocent, but she's 80 now and likely wouldn't have a clue what i was talking about......... see im assuming again, she may know worse ones than me for all i know..... she's from belgium so probably does. :)

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Dodge1965 said:
Maybe it's just british humor *shrugs* but I still found it funny and make no apologies for that.
*thinks about british humor* ...no comment

lol

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
PappaSmurf said:
Hey don't go Bashing Monty Python's Flying Circus now......
Monty Python was funny, but come on. None of the other stuff is. All boob jokes and don't get me started with that stupid running thing.

Family Guy said:
One british man says to the other “I say Caruthers, you know what’s very very funny? A man dressed in women’s clothing.”, to with the other replies “hmm, yes, ripping good laugh”

crackrat

Wanderer
lol about the only british humor that i can totaly say is boob jokes would be benny hill...might try some "young ones", the original "hitchhikers guide to the galaxy", "faulty towers","men behaving badly" and "kenny edwards". honestly american humor isnt all that great now days either. *shrugs*

bzk90

Lord
Iv'e been watching carlos mencia and hes pretty funny just in the fact that he pokes fun at every single thing not giving an inch to the advocates of being "politicaly correct"

Dodge1965

Wanderer
not to mention, blackadder, the office, ideal, extras, phoenix nights, max and paddys road to nowhere,steptoe and son, red dwarf, dads army , .................. movies, shaun of the dead, 51st state, dog soldiers, lock stock & two smoking barrels, A fish Called Wanda.................. comedians, billy connoly, eddie izzard, peter kaye, ricky jervais,

but then if you're gonna base your judgement of other cultures from a cartoon show then your stereotypical ill informed opinion is about par for the course and merely reinforces our stereotypical view of you.

And of course lets not forget your great intellectual comedies, american pie and dumb & dumber and about every other film that contains the compulsory fart gag that was funny the first time when peter sellers did it in the pink panther, but is wearing thin 35 years later, not to mention the ever present sickly sweet ending where you just need to cry out of happiness.......... then your great comedians like Steve 'i was funny once' Martin and Jim 'one joke pull a funny face Carey'........and of course your formulaic shallow 'beautiful people' sitcoms like Friends and Greg and Dharma or ben and jerry or wtf it is, that run for hundreds of years reformulating the same jokes and quirky characters.

anything rather than being subjected to pap about wether Rachel and Ross will get it on for 6 whole series whilst Phoebe is so confused by everything that she ends up putting Joeys trousers on her head.

Not saying you got nothing funny, Bill Hicks was imo the greatest stand up ever and the simpsons is always good for a laugh.

Also spot the irony at your distaste of the shark joke, yet you no doubt love family guy, which mercilessly rips the crap out of anything and anyone, gays, invalids etc etc.....

bzk90

Lord
" but then if you're gonna base your judgement of other cultures from a cartoon show then your stereotypical ill informed opinion is about par for the course and merely reinforces our stereotypical view of you."

who's basing their views of other cultures from a cartoon? Just because something is funny and somone laughs at it doesnt mean they share that point of view. It just means they thought it was funny.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Anti-Basic said:
lol south park sucks.

stupid angst teen crap.

although it does explain some things.
So are you just gonna troll me now?

South park is an awsome show, it teaches people if they are offended by anything don't watch, because life is too short.

Well I had never watched South Park until my hubby had it on last night...And I thought some of it was funny...I got a chuckle on some parts of it....:p

bzk90 said:
I can name alot of stupid angst teen crap...starting at top theres myspace
yeah MySpace, eBaums World, NewGrounds, South Park

DontDropTheSoad said:
So are you just gonna troll me now?

South park is an awsome show, it teaches people if they are offended by anything don't watch, because life is too short.
No im not trolling you, South Park Sucks IMO especially since its so damn old now, the shit started back in 98 for christs sake. oh yes lets watch a bunch of little kids cuss up a storm! yay! It should have died long ago. things like that get old quick, like Crank Yankers...that was the funniest show...now I watch it and its just stupid (well... cant watch it anymore Child Support took precednce over Cable Bill :( ) but when I see that stuff while at friends house, I just want to puke at how crappy shit has gotten in our generation.

milt

Knight
Wow, here it is, May 1st and in Government and Economics class I get a worksheet that says the following:

DO NOW: Today: May 1, 2006 is Billed as an Immigrant Free Day, where Latino Immigrants are to not go to work to show how much of the labor that is done in the US is done by Latino Immigrants. There is fear among Immigration Rights Groups that a boycott may backfire and continue to fan the flames of resentment and punishment for illegal immigrants.

1. What would you do if you were an illegal immigrant today and why?

2. Which Bill do you support: the House's punitive bill with no guest worker provisions or the Senate Bill with a pathway to citizenship and few punishments for most illegal immigrants? Support your answer as best as you can.

PappaSmurf

Knight
milt said:
Wow, here it is, May 1st and in Government and Economics class I get a worksheet that says the following:

DO NOW: Today: May 1, 2006 is Billed as an Immigrant Free Day, where Latino Immigrants are to not go to work to show how much of the labor that is done in the US is done by Latino Immigrants. There is fear among Immigration Rights Groups that a boycott may backfire and continue to fan the flames of resentment and punishment for illegal immigrants.

2. Which Bill do you support: the House's punitive bill with no guest worker provisions or the Senate Bill with a pathway to citizenship and few punishments for most illegal immigrants? Support your answer as best as you can.
1. Well for starters I damn sure wouldn't be protesting to a goverment in a country I have no rights in...I mean how dense can you get? That's like saying "Hey I'm illegal come pick me up."

2. I support the House Bill simply becuase I've seen American Citizens who needed jobs turned away because there was so much cheap illegal labor aviable. I acutally support a border lockdown, there is more than enough man power in the US to be effective in patroling the borders. To start with that's what the Military reserves could be doing 2 weeks out of the year.

milt said:

1. This question is regarding illegal immigrants, yet the intro speaks of immigrants... not illegal ones. However, you can only hope they all protest: That would bring the problem to immediate attention of your government.

2. Got link to first ? Second option is a no-no, it begs for exploitation.

TheStarFire

Wanderer
I am sorry for the inconvenience of this question, but not for the question itself; What Part Of "ILLEGAL" Immigrant is being ignored or overlooked by so may? Illegal is ILLEGAL!!!!! If anyone desires to LEGALLY Immigrate to The United States of America, they have the proper channels and means of doing so. Those of us who were born in this country, work and live here, and who have served in this country's Armed Forces or supported those who did have no need to feel sympathy for those individuals who are attempting to enter this country ILLEGALLY and remain here. If conditions in YOUR country are so sub-par that you feel a need to get the hell out, why not remain there and WORK TO EFFECT A CHANGE in YOUR country? Why should the USA constantly be attacked about our efforts to control ILLEGAL ENTRANTS to OUR Country? Name any other Country on the globe that puts up with as much crap as the USA does, and that is only because we have such spine & gonad-less Politicians, and the bottom-feeding Liberal Media that is constantly castigating the Country that Protects their right to Freedom of Printing The Press; and who at the same time gives away to the rest of the globe Intelligence Information, from those spine & gonad-less bottom-feeding Politicians (Oh, yes, I equate Politicians/Lawyers/Media as all equal and the same). STAY IN YOUR COUNTRIES, and EFFECT CHANGE IN THEM, so that they will be where you desire more to live. Why is it that Russia, or some of the other Countries in the world do not have people digging tunnels under their borders to get in? Why is it that we are either viewed as the Savior or the Damnation to everyone else on this globe?