RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plz support migrants

Phantom

Knight
Like I said I don't believe in the unproven theory of Global Warming, I believe in a proven theory of Global Climate Change.

The difference is, while one blames man for the changes, the other just basicly says the climate is changing.

I agree with phantom .... but I think ta climate change stuff is nothing more than natures way of population control, well be stuck in a full out ice again again within 100 years or so( lots will die hence population control )

I know, I dont make much sense. >.<

Celestria

Wanderer
I skipped from page 3 to last, and it went from immigration to global warming? I need to reread, maybe I'll find out why the Bio dude was banned along the way.

Celestria

Wanderer
Okay reread, lol wow this was a stupid thread. Does anyone remember the paper I put up on here a while back about this issue? Explains my feelings on the topic. Unfortunately if they pull this BS on May 1st, I will be pulling my support from a guest worker program.
Not to sound horrid or anything, but if ANYONE blocked a public roadway in protest and it interfered with me providing anything for my children, they would have to peel thier flattend body off the road with a spatula.

And I don't know who posted it, but YES we would suffer without illegal immigrants. Suffering I would be more than willing to do if it ment getting Americans jobs who needed them. It would be hard at first, but eventually it will raise the value of our dollar if we trade up and support legal workers.

I do have ALOT of sympathy for the people of Mexico. I understand how horrible it is there and that many of them do want to be citizens. But that will not solve any problems. Fixing thier government and attracting American businesses to outsource there will help them. I hope they step up and fix thier country so that America will one day have better relations with them

Honestly I can see why they do sneak in the US....The American Employer will hire them, by doing this they get out of paying what should be paid for the job, they get out of paying Insurance and 401K or offering any benefits, They don't have to pay taxes on them....If you ask me, which you haven't...:p But its our American Employers that should take most of the blame here....They are giving them all the work they want and the illigals are lining up for it....

Now how can a Employer NOT know they are illigals? You have to have a Social Security card, Birth Certificate, etc, or whatever card they need to work here legally...I've seen some on the world news say " We didnt' know they weren't legal to work here" LOL Right!! If they ran a business that was up to snuff they would know how taxes and such work and know they need Social Security cards, etc...But the ole' mighty dollar does the deciding for them..What the Gov. needs to do is start smacking the American Employers with some huge fines for hiring illigals and maybe they would think twice before doing it...

PappaSmurf

Knight
DreamCatcher said:
Now how can a Employer NOT know they are illigals? You have to have a Social Security card, Birth Certificate, etc, or whatever card they need to work here legally

There is a simple answer to that one.

For around $250 I can get all of those documents from someone all forgerys but if i hunt i can find ones so close to the real thing that it takes very indepth testing and inspection to verify it's a fraud. It's easy for an company to say they don't know and save face because these forged doucments are so readly aviable.

PappaSmurf said:
There is a simple answer to that one.

For around $250 I can get all of those documents from someone all forgerys but if i hunt i can find ones so close to the real thing that it takes very indepth testing and inspection to verify it's a fraud. It's easy for an company to say they don't know and save face because these forged doucments are so readly aviable.

Well this is true...Didn't think of that...But I'm sure some employers do know and still hire them...But you are exactly right on this.....

PappaSmurf

Knight
TMSTKSBK said:
he's a freakin' SPACE alien, yo ;)

Lemme guess

Is he like Mork from Ork or like one of the following types?

A) Like the one's from "Earth Girls are Easy"
B) Predator
C) Aliens
D) E.T.

PappaSmurf

Knight
DreamCatcher said:
Well this is true...Didn't think of that...But I'm sure some employers do know and still hire them...But you are exactly right on this.....

The place I used to work hired TONS of illegals one of the HR people got busted for selling fake doucments for $75 a set..........

and people wonder why I left for a job making $4 less an hour....

Radwen

Wanderer
PappaSmurf said:
Lemme guess

Is he like Mork from Ork or like one of the following types?

A) Like the one's from "Earth Girls are Easy"
B) Predator
C) Aliens
D) E.T.

I'd say he's A.

PappaSmurf said:
The place I used to work hired TONS of illegals one of the HR people got busted for selling fake doucments for $75 a set..........

and people wonder why I left for a job making $4 less an hour....

Yeah and things like that happening I'm sure happen all over the US...And then the Employer says "Well I just didn't know" Lol But he knew all he would save hiring them to begin with... I guess its all about your morals and supporting your own people first and giving them the jobs instead of illigals, but they would have to actually pay them what their worth and money talks with alot of companys...Sad, but true....

Dodge1965

Wanderer
A bus full of illegal chinese cockle pickers recently drowned here in the uk when the tide turned and a member of the government was forced to apologise for publicly cracking a joke about two sharks visiting Morecambe Bay cos they were fed up eating fish and fancied a chinese.

I know its not really contributing to the conversation, just found it funny so thought i'd share.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Dodge1965 said:
A bus full of illegal chinese cockle pickers recently drowned here in the uk when the tide turned and a member of the government was forced to apologise for publicly cracking a joke about two sharks visiting Morecambe Bay cos they were fed up eating fish and fancied a chinese.

I know its not really contributing to the conversation, just found it funny so thought i'd share.
Yes, quite hilarious...

Dodge1965

Wanderer
yes but shit happens in life and people will make jokes about it, it doesn't make them bad people, although in this case it was naive to expect to get away with it and a stupid thing to say in public.

I worked for 8 years as a paramedic and promise you that the humor on an ambulance station is possibly the sickest you will hear anywhere, its simply a way of coping with the unpleasantness, again because I can find humor in adversity doesnt mean i'm a bad person.

From experience I have found that the people that poke fun and can laugh at things are usually the first to offer help. How many people have never laughed at or told a racist/sexist or cruel joke? Yet it never ceases to amaze me on the internet, people will tear others to pieces on a forum without any regard for feelings, yet someone says something mildly un politically correct and suddenly people get all holier than thou and judgemental about it.

Maybe it's just british humor *shrugs* but I still found it funny and make no apologies for that.