RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Razor Update July 2nd Issue

Phr3d13

Sorceror
I've got the same issue. I'm using linux mint, which is also 10.10 based. I gotta rant that a program shouldn't auto update with out user input. I was running just fine before this update. It should at least say something like "this program will install an update in 10 seconds" and then count down giving users a chance to hit "cancel".
i know, i can't get into my shard because of this.

Kyra Elizabeth

Wanderer
i did a fresh install, and works now...but every few seconds my screen blinks..so annoying =(
prolly gonna give me seizures lol

flamez

Sorceror
I am using this on the official OSI/EA servers. So it's not a CUO issue with me. I have deleted every folder for razor, Uninstalled it using the installer...reinstalled with a new dled copy.. Rebooted, same error. I think the last thing to try is just..uninstall..reboot..reinstall.

Kyra Elizabeth

Wanderer
Fresh install of Razor only? Or did you do both Razor an CUO? I ask because fresh installing Razor only did not work for me.
i simply deleted my old razor and re downloaded newest razor client, installed, and worked fine...
now this is easy for me because i dont believe in macros..so i didnt have any at all

GhostRiderGrey

Sorceror
OK, just tried on the Vista machine, same results.....

If I try to log in with CUO and have it set to autostart Razor, CUO does start Razor but I cannot log in (the client gives the message "Couldn't connnect to Ultima Online. Please try again in a few minutes.")

If CUO is not set to autostart Razor, CUO and the client start normally. Razor by itself also works fine and starts the client normally.

It looks like Razor is not accepting whatever information CUO is handing off to it.

Erucid

Sorceror
well i just tried the new patch is out and now razor works :)
I now have the grey port issue again. http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/razor-port-is-not-configurable.90227/ And the registry edit doesn't seem to work. I dont' see a LastServer setting first of all.

EDIT
I had to connect once to OSI servers and that populated the registry vaule. BUT

I'm still crashing razor with the error "Could not find a part of the path C:\users\username\Application Data\Razor\Profiles'."

EDIT
I had to manually create that path. But it did load after that!!

MarcusO

Sorceror
Yup...I'm having problems too...on a Dell with XP.

I got the Razor update, and now it hangs at the new splash screen when "Checking for Updates". I'm able to go to the small window in the task manager at the bottom of my desktop screen and right click and "close", because it's a separate process. Then Razor and the UO Client (3D) load normally.

Two ideas...
1) Put a at Countdown timer on the "Checking for Updates"...like 10 seconds
2) Put a "skip" button on the spash screen when "Checking for Updates". Which someone will want to use if they crash and need to get back in quick.

Phr3d13

Sorceror
Yup...I'm having problems too...on a Dell with XP.

I got the Razor update, and now it hangs at the new splash screen when "Checking for Updates". I'm able to go to the small window in the task manager at the bottom of my desktop screen and right click and "close", because it's a separate process. Then Razor and the UO Client (3D) load normally.

Two ideas...
1) Put a at Countdown timer on the "Checking for Updates"...like 10 seconds
2) Put a "skip" button on the spash screen when "Checking for Updates". Which someone will want to use if they crash and need to get back in quick.
try uninstalling then installing from the latest download here

WarEagle

Page
I'm getting weird as spring backs on UOG:H that I've never gotten before.

New install of both Razor and UO as of this morning (due to other issues lol)

Dodger-b

Sorceror
even though im neither jeff or two wolves heres the path where mine is
C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Roaming\Razor
you may have to go into "tools\folder options\view tab and check the show hidden folders button

deldalton

Wanderer
Hi there,

I didn't have any issues with the new update but a friend of mine tried downloading the new version of Razor last night and when he started it he wasn't able to do anything with it. He told me that the donate icon was over the top of all of the options and wouldn't disappear, so wouldn't let him select anything.

He uninsetalled it and then tried installing it again but had the same issue.

Any suggestions on how we could fix this?

Many thanks.

Two Wolves

Knight
On xp the Razor logo edges are transparent but alas impenetrable, when it comes to placing the Multi-Client nag where you can reach the [Yes] button, that dialog can sometimes be hard to grab with the pointer.

One solution - from the UO application tile on the task bar, you can Move the nag dialog by R-Click > Move then position the pointer on the desktop and hit Right Arrow to move it. This method also works when a window is opened off the visible desktop.

deldalton

Wanderer
The issue with the Razor logo not disappearing and being "on top" of everything was resolved by creating the missing Profiles folder within the Application Data folder.

Originally the error message wasn't being displayed because we couldn't get any further into Razor. However, we could move the dialog that had appeared behind the log by right clinking on the top bar of the dialogue box, selecting move and then moving it across. Once we had the dialogue box we could select "Yes" and it then told us that the Profiles folder was missing.

So, we created the folder and that sorted the issue. Razor opens absolutely fine now.

Thanks.