RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Razor Update July 2nd Issue

Jeff

Lord
All that stuff is BS, Restart CPU smash F8 button over and over to get safe boot mode with networking and then reinstall and update in safe mode, then restart cpu in regular mode and it will run fine. Should any future updates come out to mess with your updater again pull profile folder out of the razor file put on desktop then reboot safe mode uninstall it and then redo above process and drag profiles back into new razor folder and you can bypass all of these little quirks of fixing it this way or that way.
Why is safe-mode required? Razor doesn't modify any system files....

Lost

Wanderer
nothing here has helped me I have uninstalled at least 50 times and reinstalled, I get no screen of any kind when I click razor get no welcome screen no screen like shown on web page in walk thru...nothing nothing nothing and I cant get on CUO if razor is in settings on CUO2 so I dont even have razor any more and so much for donations anymore from this person.........grrr

Jeff

Lord
nothing here has helped me I have uninstalled at least 50 times and reinstalled, I get no screen of any kind when I click razor get no welcome screen no screen like shown on web page in walk thru...nothing nothing nothing and I cant get on CUO if razor is in settings on CUO2 so I dont even have razor any more and so much for donations anymore from this person.........grrr
Uninstall both, reinstall Razor only, and start it, please come back with a detailed message on your problem (your run on sentence isn't helping). Include screenshots or any other information that you can provide.
Things that help us help you are:
OS Version (XP, Vista, W7)
Check the event log for errors (Usually under administrative tools in the control panel, then look under application log)
Any error messages you see when you start the app.
If you see nothing, is the app running in the task manager.
The more info you provide, the more questions you ask, the more details you give us, the better we can help, if you do none of the above.... well, don't expect it to get solved.

Oo WHAT

Wanderer
Ok, uninstalled everything (Razor, UO, etc.) reinstalled, patched UO to 7.0.1.1, reinstalled Razor... but when I got to run Razor, Norton pops up with a Sonar warning and deletes Razor... so, uninstalled, reinstalled, same deal. Deleted App data for Razor and all that. Same thing occurs. Please advise. Thank you.

Jeff

Lord
You will need to somehow tell Norton that Razor is not a virus and to ignore it, I'm not entirely sure how this is done because i dont use Norton, but maybe google will help you with that.

Verash

Squire
Why is safe-mode required? Razor doesn't modify any system files....

not sure, but if u do it in safe mode it bypasses all the shit from Vista/Windows 7 and allows a clean update with no interference and runs smoothley after that. cant explain it just do it and get rid of the headache and accept it. i dont understand binary code or any other cpu language but after researching the internet i found that safe mode is required for alot of different things. Just so happens to work for razor as well.

Jeff

Lord
You just have to run things as administrator, no safe-mode. But to uninstall razor, you should not have to go to safe-mode.

Verash

Squire
i run everything as admin, but the update gets caught in some blocker/or firewall or something if ur not in safe mode on these new updates they did. can do it however it works, but if you cant get it to go right then just use safe mode to skip over all the little "tricks" needed to get it done in normal.

Dodger-b

Sorceror
maybe someone can assist me with this issue ever since this update i have been crashing "uo just stops responding" my wife has same issue and so does all the players on my server, they tell me it happens everytime the try to open their journal. for my wife and I it happens when we go to different locations either recalling or using staff to [go

Verash

Squire
give it a few seconds sometimes the server is trying to play catch up or ur CPU is. if not moving along in 30-40 seconds X out and reboot

Dodger-b

Sorceror
im not talking about the way it usually just freezes and you use a razor macro to get it going again im talking it totally stops responding "crashes" where you get the little pop up window says ULTIMA ONLINE CLINE has stopped responding. then it shuts down. if it was just me then i would consider it was an issue with my computer. but it happens to EVERY player on my server and mostly it happens when you try to open your journal.