RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Razor Update July 2nd Issue

Scorpio28

Sorceror
Im having these same issues, but i dont have and "Appdata" directory. I didnt see this thread and made one, here is my post:

Ok, so I reformatted my computer and downloaded razor again, aparently in the new download the profile data is missing or something. Luckily I have a working copy of razor on a flash drive, but am unsure how to get it on my computer correctly, im getting the same profile issues. But my flash drive razor copy has the Profile folder unlike the download.

So that being said, how can i get the correct download? Or what directory do I need to put my old copy in? I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate Eternity Edition.

I'd actually like the fix for both of these issues, I want my old macros and hotkeys, but im bringing new players to free server uo and need to know a fix.

Ive tried fresh Installs, creating a profile folder, looking for directories everything. Oh and on a side note, the link to forums from download page is broken :)

Phr3d13

Sorceror
c:\users\your user name\Application Data\Razor
if you can't find that...

then...

and uncheck the "Hide protected operating system files" box, hit OK, then the folder should show up

Scorpio28

Sorceror
thanks, I simply copied my old profile folder into that and it worked no more crash thanks everyone :) Next step, increasing population at server i started playing lol

Lost

Wanderer
ok here's my problem I am running XP and get no pop up screen on razor so I cant enter where I play how do I get the screen to enter it

Phr3d13

Sorceror
are you saying that when you open razor it skips the welcome screen and loads the client and a screen similar to this:
razor.png
if so, then make sure the Show Welcome Screen box is checked.
if you double click razor and nothing happens, or razor crashes prior to showing the welcome screen, try some of the solutions posted earlier in the thread. if none of those work...

Lost

Wanderer
well no one seems to know what I can do except tell me to redownload. I know nothing about computers and how to do things cept download and if after at least 20 times it doesnt work guess I am done. I dont get even a screen(like you showed )of any kind now to change anything.

Verash

Squire
updater.exe still crasghing cmon wtf do i have to do to make this right can i opt out of the updated version.......

tormas

Sorceror
Can't get razor to start either. Crashes at start up says profile missing. I am using WinXP, my UO patch is 7.0.10.3 (patch 33). I have tried reinstalling both from the runuo website and from older saved copies on my hard drive. I have also tried some of the "profile" suggestions in the other threads, still no good.

Weird thing is I am running UO on 3 Computers which are working. The 3 that are working (using XP on two of them and Win7 on one) were being used before the last Razor patch.

The computer not working was a fresh install after the last Razor patch. Both UO and Razor as I was adding UO to my kids computer so he could play with me for the first time. Again my UO patch is 7.0.10.3 on all four computers.

Phr3d13

Sorceror
follow my above advice to find the application data folder, find the razor folder inside and make a new folder called Profiles

tormas

Sorceror
follow my above advice to find the application data folder, find the razor folder inside and make a new folder called Profiles

If your talking to me? Tried it. Tried both copy and pasting the profile folder/file from my other computer and tried the copy/paste from the other thread on this page. Neither worked for me.

Thank you for your reply and attempt to help.

Verash

Squire
All that stuff is BS, Restart CPU smash F8 button over and over to get safe boot mode with networking and then reinstall and update in safe mode, then restart cpu in regular mode and it will run fine. Should any future updates come out to mess with your updater again pull profile folder out of the razor file put on desktop then reboot safe mode uninstall it and then redo above process and drag profiles back into new razor folder and you can bypass all of these little quirks of fixing it this way or that way.