RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 1.0 - 24 hour notice

Fluesopp

Wanderer
*bows in ave to the RunUo*
You did what others didn't. You are truly the champions.

I have a dream, that one day, all online games shall be free from monthly payment.
I have a dream, that one day, all gamers shall be able to play, in a world free for all.
I have a dream, that one day, all games is open sourced like The Fantastic RUNUO 1.0!!!!! I HAVE A DREAM!!!!
-M.L. King of games...

Trying

Sorceror
Well done and Congratulations on yet another door opening for you and us all... I doubt it was easy to continue battling on over the years, I think most of us have had desperation somewhere along the line in runuo, when we couldn`t get something working correctly, so what you guys must of gone through we can only guess at...!

but im thankfull you never lost hope or sight of your goals, and that you continued to push on, your rewards have come, and now sit back and enjoy them...

Thanks to all the Staff that have made this possible.. espesh the un-sung hero`s that have decided not to be mentioned but worked just as hard...

Trying.

lincy

Wanderer
krrios said:
Tomorrow, January 21st at 9:00 PM EST, RunUO 1.0 will be released to the public.

As a programmer, all I have learned is self taught: I first learned to program not by reading a book, nor by taking a class, but just looking at other peoples code and then digging in--seeing what I could do.

Mmm, I am remember back to 1985, My first contact with pc/dos, I don't have any book either. But the computer shop guys just told me you can "dir"......(I only know some AppleII, and I am think where should my tape record plug-in my pc ? :confused: )

I remember my first day.. :eek:

basica -> go into a screen, I don't know what it is, Should check it late.
comp -> not thing happen ... look like hang
dir -> list some thing .... I don't know what it is but I can try each word listed
print -> oh no. computer hang, don't respone, I have to press the "RESET" button.

and stupid thing in basica......

dir -> show "Syn.... err......" .... don't know why ....
comp -> still error ......

mmm, I think I am very stupid that time (same time now ? :D ), But I leaan more skill from VirtualBBS source (BASIC source code) few years late. I still remmeber VBBS was my first study LARGE SOURCE CODE.

Anyway, I am still like to study code and learn new thing now. I think RunUO was an very good program. Everyone can learn lots from RunUO.

THANKS, RunUO Dev Team To Let Core Source Go Public !!!!!

I think many programmer was remember this day/product 10, 20 or 30 years late. :)

lincy

Wanderer
sliptongue69 said:
Just thought about this. Will your server support 40,000 users downloading on an average of 60 KB/sec at the same time? I know it can take some shit but, about 1-2gig/sec hits? That would just be fore one file, there will be multiple downloads and everything.

Maybe release a BT download version can solve this problem. :D

A_Li_N

Knight
MMmmmmmm ..... BT

I will by no means have this file first, but I could try to figure out how to make the BT (can't be too hard :D) and start seeding when I get it. Then it can flow out from there!

habitat85

Wanderer
15 MORE HOURS I THINK I JUST SHIT MYSELF!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

no im not excited...
FUCK YES I AM!!!!!!

A_Li_N

Knight
habitat85 said:
15 MORE HOURS I THINK I JUST SHIT MYSELF!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

no im not excited...
FUCK YES I AM!!!!!!
Unless your reply was very much so time delayed, you are a bit off on the amount of time left.
It's only 3 hours left. And I don't think I can stay up that late...getting bored/sleepy!

A_Li_N

Knight
Shard Admin Adam said:
Well....after starting out with the Ultima series in 1985..my first time getting a UOX shard to work...then going to sphere...then finding Runuo....I can only say....

The RunUo Team came, they saw, and they conquered......never will another emu match their skill and intense development schedule. RG would be proud.

Adam
Only emu's?
RunUO, IMHO, has surpassed OSI by leaps and bounds! Great job guys!

big_cat

Wanderer
Yeah congrats Guys, with all the work that has been done I look forward to seeing it, and if Ryan and the other Dev team members allow it I would be happy to BT it as soon as I download it

Serp

Sorceror
When this publish goes live you accomplished what many many tried but nobody quite got.
Congratulations and thank you!

joshw

Sorceror
LOL well there goes the weekend with the old lady lmao gonna take me all weekend to convert everything lol shes gonna be pissed lmao oh well.
Gonna be another gamer bachelor again this weekend lol