RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 1.0 - 24 hour notice

NeoFalcon

Wanderer
Yeah! Thanks to RunUO Team!
Time is here now 14:11, the release will be here about 3:00 AM. Do u know what mean that? Simple: today's night I won't sleep xD
Como suelo decir en estos casos, "this is FuLL PowaH!" :D

Ravatar

Knight
Ryan said:
Nope, this is just the beginning, there is only one direction to go, and that is up :)

"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Sound familiar Ryan? :)

Dunno if I have the right words to express my gratitude to the team for everything they've done, but hey I can try! I'm sure all of you know this already, but you guys changed the face of noncommercial UO forever. You smacked down the naysayers and MS haters, and once again proved that .NET can keep up with the best. I hope that with the opensource move, RunUO will get the outside recognition it deserves. It is indeed an outstanding piece of software.

Thanks not only to Ryan, Krrios, Zippy, Asayre, and Mark (you too Phenos!), but also the countless people that have contributed to the project in some way or another. You all make RunUO what it is, and I wouldn't have it any other way. You are the best and it shows. Here's to many more years.. :)

sicron

Sorceror
First off lets have a big round of applause for the devs....
ok now for those that can continue clapping and read at the same time...I saw a mention of someone maybe seeding this on bt...while it sounds like a good idea you may want to double check with the devs on this one as I know in the past they have had issues with those redistributing the exe...they may be a little more open to maybe some people sending it dcc in the irc chat rooms...I may be wrong about it but just something to think about to avoid a serious issue even though it was with the best of intentions,,,
[edit] ok my bad for not fully reading the posts mentioning bt but now I see big cat did ask if it was ok...*slaps self* but hopefully if someone else is reading impaired like myself maybe they will at least see this one and wait for the devs to respond before seeding/hosting anything
sicron

I dont hate all people...just stupid people...it just turns out most people are stupid!

Jarrod

Sorceror
anyone who downloads a hacked version via bt instead of waiting for the official release deserves to have their shard wiped. then when they come in complaining about "1.0 erased my shard" we can collectively point and laugh at them.

endwolf

Sorceror
9:00 Pm?

What will I do till then....I can...Read a Book...No
I can....eat...no get fat....
Ill Go Crazy!!!!!
I know.
*Bites Nails*

Thanx for all the hard work and patience Dev Team! You have made our day and
night and day and night...We will never sleep now! :p
Thanx to you guys I have no letters on my keyboard... they all vanished from over use. So if that be the case on the R0 release then... OMG Im gonna lose my fingers on this Release!!! LOL
Congrats Peps its a great thing you have done for us!

sicron

Sorceror
Jarrod said:
anyone who downloads a hacked version via bt instead of waiting for the official release deserves to have their shard wiped. then when they come in complaining about "1.0 erased my shard" we can collectively point and laugh at them.
good point and probably why the devs would give something like that a thumbs down...once again while its with the best intentions it would probably be better to just wait until the dust settles a little and get it from the true source instead of the risks involved with an alternate source

ASKith

Wanderer
I hate to reply to this thread twice but...

You should only ever download any version of RunUO from right here at RunUO.com. To do otherwise would be to invite the potential for malicious, evil, nasty unverified code to be run on your machine.

If it comes from here you know what you are getting...if it comes from elsewhere it's anyones guess.

Do yourself a favor, save yourself the headache, get it from the source.

Besides...if it comes to light that you downloaded it from anywhere but here and you have a problem with it, you will most likely be met with flames instead of support. You have been warned.

( I do not officially speak for RunUO, and if a moderator disagrees with any content of this post feel free to delete)

Atomic

Wanderer
Thanks krrios, Ryan, Zippy and others, you guys are the best ever!
krrios, I also learned everything I know about programming by seeing other people's code and by trial and error. I only started learning C# because of RunUO, and for that I thank you. I also hope the opensource 1.0 will help me learn even more, and that it will also help more people learn this wonderful language that is C#. Thanks!!!

Congratulations, nice launch message

Hello,

Well, it has been a long time in coming, but I never doubted you would be here eventually.

And where is "here" exactly? Why, owning and releasing a truly "finished" product. One to be proud of, one everyone wants.

I am willing to bet that when you started all of this you never in a million years thought that you'd be putting out something the MMORPG community has yet to see from anyone else, *a bug free server*. LOL

Think on that, "a bug free server", is there a better sounding phrase to a gaming community? Heh, I only know of one other like it, "a bug free client".... :p

Kudos, Bravo, Thank You.

A.V.

The Saving

For the past some years i have been fascinated by RunUO creations, I would honestly have to say it wouldn't be the same if it wasn't created. Although, it had been... And I find it one of the greatest projects/creations possible, yet. I am very much looking forward to the new release. I believe RunUO and it's community brought UO players around the world closer than ever thought. This work is astonishing and very much apreciated. I will always do what i can to help.

Thank you Team and also the community for Support and making a difference to the UO gamers.

DarkNeZz

Wanderer
Ho ho ho Santa finaly came :) 1.0.0 i hope to get this right and running
RUN UO: THE BEGGINING - Watch on this site: January 21st at 9:00 PM EST

dstarz20

Sorceror
The RUNUO team is obviously a very talented bunch, and I thank them for sharing this talent for other's entertainment. I hope this spills into your workplace as well, as talented individuals deserve top dollar for their work. My shard homepage will always read....Powered by RUNUO. Thanks again. Tsunami....DSTARZ20

Protius73

Sorceror
Well done guys, Been a Long time coming and now the fruits of your labor are nearing the harvest. You guys have changed my world completely. As many have said they called themselves just gamers, and because of this project call themselves programmers. I wont call myself a programmer, Im not that good with it yet, But I now have a basic understanding of scripting and the work involved behind the scenes. Its given me the ability to make my shard that much better. I can mod any script and customize it to fit my shard and the way we do things. That my friends.. is all because of you guys at the RUnUO Team!! Thank you all very much. Keep Up The Great work. CODE ON GENTLEMEN!!! :D