RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 1.0 - 24 hour notice

Mifune

Sorceror
Congrats RunUO, and thanks go to everyone who made it possible - the core developers as well as the moderators, everyone who lended coding or server support, and the people who made the third party programs such as Pandora's Box, MyRunUO Spawner, and the MegaSpawner, as well as the OrBsydia tools which have made world customization a much simpler task.

It's truly amazing what the RunUO team, and the community, have done over these past 2 1/2 years. Hats off to ya!

Snowy

Sorceror
Thank you

Well done! I am not a programmer, but I have the "pleasure" of being related to one. His opinion of you is right up there on the top and I trust that as well as the quality of the gaming I enjoy on Silver Mist. Thank you for being so thorough in your work. "Digging in" is probably one of the best ways to learn anything. Congratulations not only on reaching this milestone, but on the discipline and perseverance it took to accomplish it! *Standing Ovation*

BladeWise

Wanderer
Thank you devs, and thank you for this opportunity to learn something really interesting and useful... I havo not enough words to thank you... simply great...

Deimos

Page
Just out of curiousity, but if it's ready now, why not release it now and surprise people? It might also save you some bandwith to, specially if only a few people are downloading to begin with, rather than a rush at 9pm

stooge

Wanderer
Skkkkeeeeeeeeee yeeeeeeeeewwww! :}

I've only been dabbling with RUO since beta 36 but I can still appreciate the long hard road that the RUO devs have trod. It was one thing to create such a fantastic and easy to use emu, but to make it open source and to support our custom scripting endeavours was above and beyond the call of duty.

AoS CD @ gigex.com -- Free
Setting up a RUO server -- Free
Monthly subscription to the RUO Support Forum -- Free
RunUO Devs/Gods -- Priceless

We who are about to die salute you.

[set name "twoballcane"

POTS

Long live RunUO!

We have come far in a very short time thanks to an excellent dev team and a solid community.

May RunUO stand the test of time and it's glory everlasting.

Now bringeth the goodies for I must upgrade hehe

sicron

Sorceror
Deimos said:
Just out of curiousity, but if it's ready now, why not release it now and surprise people? It might also save you some bandwith to, specially if only a few people are downloading to begin with, rather than a rush at 9pm

Ryan as promised gave 24 notice...not only did he give advance warning but also gave a time (Im sure the reason for the exact time was to avoid all the "what time today" posts that most assuredly would have resulted)...perhaps it is already available to subscribers (maybe not)...but Im sure waiting a few hours more really isnt going to kill anyone...whereas asking for the release early maybe another issue...as far as bandwith issues Im sure they are prepared for the load and even if there not...well...so what if you gotta wait another day or 2 :rolleyes:
*note: this is not a flame just merely stating facts*

sicron

I dont hate all people...just stupid people...it just turns out most people are stupid!

Dilvid

Wanderer
Ive been waiting for this for a while, Im a fellow programer but in different langauge. Never had the time to sit and learn c# even though its simlair to other languages. This will be a great learning aid as I'll enjoy reading over the code in my spare time learning what it does. OOoo this will be good.

Deimos

Page
sicron said:
but Im sure waiting a few hours more really isnt going to kill anyone...whereas asking for the release early maybe another issue...as far as bandwith issues Im sure they are prepared for the load and even if there not...well...so what if you gotta wait another day or 2 :rolleyes:
*note: this is not a flame just merely stating facts*

sicron

Oh I know, it's just something we've all been waiting for, for quite a while, so it's exiciting.
I know it'll be worth the wait unlike EA's expansions/additions. :D

It'd be good if they used bittorrent as well for distribuition, that'd speed things up abit.

krrios said:
Tomorrow, January 21st at 9:00 PM EST, RunUO 1.0 will be released to the public.

I founded RunUO in May of 2002. Like all my projects before that, and all after, RunUO was simply about learning. It was about pushing myself--learning new systems, learning how to code them cleanly--simply producing quality code. Nearly two and a half years later, RunUO has matured beyond anything I would have previously thought possible.

As a programmer, all I have learned is self taught: I first learned to program not by reading a book, nor by taking a class, but just looking at other peoples code and then digging in--seeing what I could do. In many ways RunUO has made this possible for others. The final step will be taken tomorrow; the core source code will be made publicly available for all to learn from.

It is my hope that this will give back something to the community that has made RunUO what it is. If I can give something back to one of the 40,000 users on this site, or to the countless players worldwide who use this software, then I'm happy. RunUO has always been a quest of knowledge for me, and now others can use it for the same.

Being involved in this project over the past years has been an amazing opportunity for me to meet so many talented individuals. To talk with them, work with them, and share a love for both programming and the game is something truly unique, and I am deeply thankful to you all for being involved in this project.

Now that I'm done being all sentimental, I'll see about getting a preliminary changelog for your guys.

*tear rolls down face* *sniffles* i love you.......your my hero ;)

Thornelius

Wanderer
I just want to say that the job you did is really great. The RunUo server and the PlayUo client are putting uo in the hands of the players. Nice thing for gaming community.

UnafraidSage

Sorceror
Sweet!!!

Thanks to the Devs!!! :) I can't wait to download it and mess around UO is my favorite game of all time and RunUO is my favorite emu group!!!

THANKS AGAIN!!! << notice the caps to see how excited I am :)

Triper99

Wanderer
only 2 hours and 45 minutes left till release!!!

p.s. i hope you all are quick on the draw for the download (i got $5 the server will be bogged down/crashed)

Alexandra

Wanderer
Have any of you received spam concerning RunUO release? I never give my personal mail, I have one of that for spam purposes, but RunUO has my "real" one. But after I received the mail noticing me about the release, I got around 15+ spam mail, all with title "RunUO Release <lots of crap>... Do you know what could it be?

sidsid

Sorceror
Alexandra said:
Have any of you received spam concerning RunUO release? I never give my personal mail, I have one of that for spam purposes, but RunUO has my "real" one. But after I received the mail noticing me about the release, I got around 15+ spam mail, all with title "RunUO Release <lots of crap>... Do you know what could it be?

Ryan said it was just a mistake on their side that is fixed.

It looks like everyone who had autoreply on got the reply sent back to everyone else on the list.

Alexandra

Wanderer
Ahh perfect, I found nothing on the search, so I thought I might ask

And thumbs up for the new release!

RunUO is by far the best UO emulator I've known. Way much better than Sphere :D

Thanks to the dev staff ^^