RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 Update - What it means for you

Ryan said:
Personally I think the weather is too nice outside for us to stay in all weekend working on RunUO!
Har.... I live in Houston where it's been raining all day, raining tonight, and raining all day tomorrow hence why I am in....:( LOL, really though, it will be ok. I wasn't expecting RunUO to come out this weekend, but it would have been nice for me considering the weather :/

Freya

Wanderer
Definately good to hear! Big thanks to Ryan and all of the Devs for their hard work and giving us all a great system to enjoy UO on w/o the hassle of dealing w/OSI... I am very excited to see what 2.0 brings... Keep up the good work! :D

Zotos

Sorceror
Glad to hear this I have quite a few things to point out when this goes public.

Nice job Ryan and crew!!

Courageous

Wanderer
I had ccome to the conclusion that RunUO wasn't "really" an open source project a while back, on the grounds that it didn't really have community participation, ala any other serious open source effort. I then went thru this thought process where I considered forking the core, only to do what you just proposed. I even wrote a long vision statement. However, being old enough and wise enough to know I wouldn't really be able to follow thru on such a proposal, I never published the statement or did anything/

I can't tell you how pleased I am that RunUO has taken this next step to maturity. Very good move. Now we just have to see if the community can grow a few "trusted committers" or what not (understandably a problem around the emu community I think).

I recommend you look over the Linux approach of odd and even number releases, and how they manage that (even for stabilization and bug fixes, odd for developmental, let the downloader beware). Using such a process, you should be able to get a whole new level of validation to the releases, a lot more community involvement in the content, and so forth.

C//

seltor

Sorceror
I am chewing at the bit every day. We have spent over a month on a new map and storyline and now I am just waiting for 2.0 to get back to the scripting. I do not want to do too much then have to fix a bunch of errors if my work isn't compatible for whatever reason...

*Pats staff on the back* and returns to his bit and begins chomping once more :)

Zotos

Sorceror
Not trying to pry info to much but.......

Any chance of an early change log?

** goes to hide in the corner **

noob2

Wanderer
i think this is awsome now runuo can start moving along at a better pace and we can get things coded faster and better as a whole community i think this is also good because it will reduce forks most likely

sonja

Wanderer
A little Confused and lost!!

:confused: Hello, i am new here, i have just registered , and i was wondering why i cant play UO , well i can its just that when i log in to the game , my razor normally comes up aswell, but for some strange unknown reason it is saying that the new razor(the lateset) is corrupted and i cant seem to get it working again??? it was all good 2 days ago but this morning its different. can anybody please help me out as i am so confused and i need my razor to be able to play the game. Thank you please email me at [email protected]
PS: somethimng with razor that its not letting me into the game and i cant seem to figure it out . please help a lost soul lol i am desperate to play uo and cant lol :( ;)

sonja

Wanderer
I little Lost!!!!

hello, my name is sonja and i play UO , A couple of days ago i went to log into my computer to play UO, but for some strange reason 'razor' would not let me in, it was saying that it is 'corrupted ' and yet it was all fine the other day, i dont know what happened and how, all i know is that i cant seem to play UO til i can figure out this razor business lol Anyone out there that can help me pplease i am desperate to play UO but cant without my razor, yes i tried to update it but couldnt. my email is [email protected]

PS: please help this little lost soul !

sonja said:
hello, my name is sonja and i play UO , A couple of days ago i went to log into my computer to play UO, but for some strange reason 'razor' would not let me in, it was saying that it is 'corrupted ' and yet it was all fine the other day, i dont know what happened and how, all i know is that i cant seem to play UO til i can figure out this razor business lol Anyone out there that can help me pplease i am desperate to play UO but cant without my razor, yes i tried to update it but couldnt. my email is [email protected]

PS: please help this little lost soul !

This is not the proper thread to place this in, try the razor threads :).

As for the news, awesome! Ive been hoping for something like this for awhile now :). Maybe now I can truely contribute :).

Hadina

Sorceror
moop

How dare you, i was told that it was coming out in APRIL!!
its 1 hr and 43 mins till may!

SHOCK HORROR

o wells, as long as its out by the 6th may gabs will be happy :D