RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 Update - What it means for you

tindin156

Wanderer
Ki Frost said:
Whered you get that info.. I didnt see it posted anywhere...

maybe I am blind....

*checks eyes*

nope they are there...
Maybe I missed it... (more than likely...)

i think you missed the word hoping....

silverwolfe said:
LOL honestly if we guage RUNUO against other software giants such as Microsoft, then RunUO comes out looking awesome. Microsoft Claimed they were going to release VISTA Summer 2006 then they pushed that back to fall 2006 then spring 2007 when last I check they had pushed it all the way back to mid 2007.... So IMHO waiting a few extra weeks or even months for a product that will undoubtedly have fewer bugs than what many of us will rush out to buy from Microsoft, will not bother me in the least...

Personally I am really hoping to see the new quest system added to the release. That system will open even more possibilities than are currently available. Great work RUNUO Team, I for one as a long time patron know that the end will be worth the wait....

hmmm

no I ment that I hope that is to wish or to dream that it might be included..... NOWHERE to my knowledge is it posted that the quest system will be included. I have been keeping my eye on Demise in the hopes of seeing some hint of how much of ML is to be included.

Darkages

Wanderer
Well due to the fact that my back got injured i have much time to script, so i think its a good week to release the 2.0 version:D that way i will be able to adapt my shard to it:D , Im kidding but i cant wait to see it now, im all excited:) hope it will be in the next week, hehehe

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Yah, good week. Nothing to do inbetween now and the 22nd.
But it means I won't be able to party hardy on my 21st, cause I won't have any money.

KiltronCa2

Wanderer
hey

hey guys i am new here and sick and tired of the original osi shards they charge ya 20$ canadian a month for the same bull over and over... no real good events put on exept for what guilds do really... so was wondering i read the boreds and 2.0 not released yet.... kinda wondering if there is a more accurate date for it's release cause i don't really wanna go in and download 1.0 and start working on it to find out the 2.0 is released i am one of those guys that hate doing the same thing over and over again so kinda hoping to get 2.0 soon so i can start working on my own shard so that i can hopefully one day soon in the near future have a shard for my uo friends thats more interesting and for every changing and evolving to make this more interactive for them.... something that the original osi lacks... anyways just wondering and if anyone have a more concreate date pm me.... please i don't get online often i like doing all my work offline so i am on and off all the time.... thanx have a good one and hope to get 2.0 soon so i can start releasing my idea's on here to ya all... and not just the idea's but the codes to go with them...

Wen

Wanderer
KiltronCa2 said:
hey guys i am new here and sick and tired of the original osi shards they charge ya 20$ canadian a month for the same bull over and over... no real good events put on exept for what guilds do really... so was wondering i read the boreds and 2.0 not released yet.... kinda wondering if there is a more accurate date for it's release cause i don't really wanna go in and download 1.0 and start working on it to find out the 2.0 is released i am one of those guys that hate doing the same thing over and over again so kinda hoping to get 2.0 soon so i can start working on my own shard so that i can hopefully one day soon in the near future have a shard for my uo friends thats more interesting and for every changing and evolving to make this more interactive for them.... something that the original osi lacks... anyways just wondering and if anyone have a more concreate date pm me.... please i don't get online often i like doing all my work offline so i am on and off all the time.... thanx have a good one and hope to get 2.0 soon so i can start releasing my idea's on here to ya all... and not just the idea's but the codes to go with them...

Frist off OSI don't exist no more. UO was good under OSI untill EA disbanned them and took over UO. What was the frist thing EA does: they totally remade the game over to an item based game. Well they messed up, an item based game requires levels to make it more fun. Hence the reason WOW is kicking their butt.

HellRazor

Knight
Wen said:
Frist off OSI don't exist no more. UO was good under OSI untill EA disbanned them and took over UO. What was the frist thing EA does: they totally remade the game over to an item based game. Well they messed up, an item based game requires levels to make it more fun. Hence the reason WOW is kicking their butt.

This really isn't very accurate at all.

EA has always owned UO. EA purchased OSI in 1992, years before UO ever came out. UO was an EA product from day 1.

Although there have been changes in OSI's management, the OSI dev team has always worked under EA's umbrella. There was no dramatic change from "OSI to EA" like you suggest.

Once UO was released in 1997, the only other noteworthy game OSI really produced was Ultima IX. After that, they were pretty much reduced to being just a brand name for UO.

The only thing "disbanding" OSI in 2004 meant was that they stopped using the "Origin Systems" brand and the dev team was moved from Austin TX to EA's studios in CA.

LOL I do not recall the exact politics that evolved into the Ultima Dev Team of today. But I do disagree that EA "Ruined Ultima". If They Ruined it then Why is Ultima Online the longest running MMORPG still on the market today?

Freerk

Wanderer
hmm

I hope the waiting time is not to long We will start a new shard whit the elf race but we will not use a modified 1.0.0 core but wenn it taks to long time to relase we see no other way :-(