RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 Update - What it means for you

Hadina

Sorceror
i got it in a email :

RunUO is ready to take its next step into the Ultima Online emulation world with
RunUO 2.0 and a brand new shard UO Gamers: Divinity and we would like you to
take part in both events! RunUO 2.0 is slated for release in April and is
undergoing some internal quality assurance right now. We anticipate RunUO 2.0
being one of the largest RunUO releases to date with a major overhaul of the
underlying systems that drive RunUO.

Livewire

Wanderer
Ah, that one. My bad, but I'd still call this an april release (and not to start a flame war, but they never did specify _which_ upcoming april >_<)

Livewire

Wanderer
I realized a bit late that my post came out more...snippy (think that's the word I'm looking for) than I had originally intended. Sorry bout that (I'm not normally that much of an ass).

Just wish I could figure out why the heck my pc doesn't want to install the program(s) needed to download the source (probably cause I'm on windows >_<)

Reply to above: same, I just figured April 2007 so I wouldn't get my hopes up ;)

Edit 2: Doh! There isn't a link for the repository yet (so I should stop trying to install the one for downloading source code from the school network I'm on, cause we might not be using that) >_<

WeEzL

Wanderer
net_bios2000 said:
Is there a changelog for 2.0 out yet? I did some searching but i couldnt seem to find it.
2.0 isn't even released yet. I'm sure a changelog will show up at the same time that 2.0 is released.

Magus Bstone

Wanderer
Killer News cant wait

:) I Will be so happy to see it. :) :cool:

I hope you know how much your development team's work means to one such as I. After being disabled,working with runuo and free servers has helped me remain somewhat sane.

Starting as a player when I was first hurt some 6 years ago, to now being an admin who is still learnig every day. This would have never happened if you hadn't made it posible for me to play on free shards, with such ease .

Thanks to all of you for all your hard work!

Joeku

Lord
Damnit, I stayed home from school today just to be the first to use RunUO 2.0! It'd better come out, I only have so many absent days a year...

(just kidding heh... I stayed home sick...)

darkoverlord

Sorceror
IS there a list to what exactly runuo 2.0 is going to be offering? Yeah Im looking forward to the elves... just to make the break from everyone bein human... add some different skin hues and have different elf races to keep it interesting.... most of the mondain mobiles have been scripted... the new crafting will be a big plus... but what exactly is going to be included in it?

Phantom

Knight
darkoverlord said:
IS there a list to what exactly runuo 2.0 is going to be offering? Yeah Im looking forward to the elves... just to make the break from everyone bein human... add some different skin hues and have different elf races to keep it interesting.... most of the mondain mobiles have been scripted... the new crafting will be a big plus... but what exactly is going to be included in it?

No changelog has been posted.

Erica

Knight
Joeku said:
Damnit, I stayed home from school today just to be the first to use RunUO 2.0! It'd better come out, I only have so many absent days a year...

(just kidding heh... I stayed home sick...)
Go to school when there ready to release 2.0 they will oh btw was just joking hehe about go to school hope you get better tho .

Windfire

Wanderer
So, what's the status on RunUO 2? I'm getting ready to start a server with my friends and we decided to wait on 2.0 rather than get started with 1.0 and have compatability issues.

I can't wait. Major props to Ryan and all the other dev staff. It's amazing you do all this for free.

Ki Frost

Sorceror
No one knows... first it was at the end of last year (i think) then the end of last month, and now it is a un-known area again.

LOL honestly if we guage RUNUO against other software giants such as Microsoft, then RunUO comes out looking awesome. Microsoft Claimed they were going to release VISTA Summer 2006 then they pushed that back to fall 2006 then spring 2007 when last I check they had pushed it all the way back to mid 2007.... So IMHO waiting a few extra weeks or even months for a product that will undoubtedly have fewer bugs than what many of us will rush out to buy from Microsoft, will not bother me in the least...

Personally I am really hoping to see the new quest system added to the release. That system will open even more possibilities than are currently available. Great work RUNUO Team, I for one as a long time patron know that the end will be worth the wait....

Ki Frost

Sorceror
silverwolfe said:
Personally I am really hoping to see the new quest system added to the release...

Whered you get that info.. I didnt see it posted anywhere...

maybe I am blind....

*checks eyes*

nope they are there...
Maybe I missed it... (more than likely...)