RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.1] Nerun's Distro

REDiR2

Sorceror
Thanks, I saw this file but thought it was the same as the file I got off his google distro. I see that it is not :) I'll take a look at figuring out how to apply the patch. I appreciate your time bud.

**Update: 3- Do not ask me how to apply the patch. (This is at the link you sent me)

LOL when I do a search for applying patches to runuo it is flooded with client patch content and nothing related to using an nerun patch comes up. Sigh. I do appreciate your time though. I have no idea why there wouldn't be a link to the how-to patch process in his thread. He must have had a bad day.

nerun

Sorceror
It's an svn patch, you need something such as tortise svn to apply it.

Ok, to simplify things for all you that want to use ObsydiaSA instead RunUO 2.2 or RunUO SVN, here goes a ready-to-use OrbSA SVN 17 plus Nerun's Distro 64.

Go to Nerun's Distro Google Code download section, then download a file called OrbSA-SVN17 + Rev64.7z (or click this link).

Use 7-zip to unzip the file.

Click ".NET 4.0" to compile in Framework 4.0, or "compile" to compile server in Framework 2.0.

Click Orb-server or something like this name to start the server.

REDiR2

Sorceror
Heya Nerun, thank you for the response. I honestly have no clue what to use, I just came back and I am interested in checking out the SA content and ML content but nothing I've tried seems to have it past the spawning monsters. (i.e. quests to get keys, get into the instances with melisande or medusa, etc...).

That's really what I'm after, and perhaps that's not available yet. I have looked, there does seem to be quite a bit of content for 2.0RC or 2.1 but nothing seems to work with the latest version and I didn't want to get everything setup if there was something around the corner, or something that already exists.

Thanks for your time I'll give this a shot.

sec_goat

Squire
Ok, to simplify things for all you that want to use ObsydiaSA instead RunUO 2.2 or RunUO SVN, here goes a ready-to-use OrbSA SVN 17 plus Nerun's Distro 64.

Go to Nerun's Distro Google Code download section, then download a file called OrbSA-SVN17 + Rev64.7z (or click this link).

Use 7-zip to unzip the file.

Click ".NET 4.0" to compile in Framework 4.0, or "compile" to compile server in Framework 2.0.

Click Orb-server or something like this name to start the server.

I am not sure if any one here can help or not. I grabbed the above link OrbSA-SVN17 + Rev64.7z. It compiles wonderfully on Windows, but I am only using that as a test platform, I would like to get this compiled and running on an Ubuntu Server 10.04.

I have tried:
the compile option mentioned int his thread: http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/compiling-and-running-runuo-on-ubuntu-9-10.99722/
this method works perfectly for the straight RunUO SVN as described in the thread, but not for the OrbSA-SVN17 + Rev64.7z
I get the following

Code:
Server/Item.cs(832,30): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Drawing' does not exist in the namespace `System'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
Server/Item.cs(846,44): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Drawing' does not exist in the namespace `System'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
Compilation failed: 2 error(s), 0 warnings

I have also tried modifiying the compile statement to better match what is found in the compile.bat and still no luck.

Code:
 gmcs -r:Ultima.dll -optimize -unsafe -debug  -d:MONO -out:RunUO.exe -win32icon:orb.ico  -recurse:Server/*.cs

Thanks!

sec_goat

Squire
To run RunUO on Linux, you need to look for something called Mono, try a search in the forum.
Aha, yes That is in fact what I am using. I am just hoping some one can shed some light on the error messages I am getting. I do not get these errors on Windows only Linux.

Thanks for all your hard work nerun!

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Actually, you still get the same error on Windows if you try to compile without making a reference to System.Drawing. It's needed for a couple of core features.

sec_goat

Squire
Actually, you still get the same error on Windows if you try to compile without making a reference to System.Drawing. It's needed for a couple of core features.

Can you help me figure out where and how that needs to happen? I have compiled it on Windows with no changes and do not receive the errors. is it possible that it has something to do with the version of Mono i am using (Mono JIT compiler version 2.4.4 (Debian 2.4.4~svn151842-1ubuntu4))?

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
Not sure if anyone has made it aware or not, but the system is missing quite a bit of spawners. The foremost, and rather obvious one, being Haven itself. Only a handful of quest-NPCs spawn, while the townsfolk are nowhere to be found. This is includes other locations throughout Ter Mur, as well.

I've tried downloading 2.2 and incorporating Nerun's Distro into it, and even tested Nerun's prepackaged server located in his Google Code; but neither of them function properly. I've followed all directions to the letter, but seem to be having more trouble than it's worth. Don't want to appear to be rude; just pointing out issues that may not have been addressed.

Note: I have a fully functional 2.0 server, without any hiccups - the differences between the 2.0 Nerun's and this new release, is immense.

Grimm S

Sorceror
Not sure if anyone has made it aware or not, but the system is missing quite a bit of spawners. The foremost, and rather obvious one, being Haven itself. Only a handful of quest-NPCs spawn, while the townsfolk are nowhere to be found. This is includes other locations throughout Ter Mur, as well.

I've tried downloading 2.2 and incorporating Nerun's Distro into it, and even tested Nerun's prepackaged server located in his Google Code; but neither of them function properly. I've followed all directions to the letter, but seem to be having more trouble than it's worth. Don't want to appear to be rude; just pointing out issues that may not have been addressed.

Note: I have a fully functional 2.0 server, without any hiccups - the differences between the 2.0 Nerun's and this new release, is immense.

You need to spawn the sa and hs to get new haven spawns. ML only spanws old haven

Baxter

Squire
Trying to use your latest reslease. Big issue though. Monsters/NPCs. spawn underground/ between walls

Tested with Uo client version 4 and 7

Baxter

Squire
What are you patched to?

Mobs/npcs almost entirely under ground.

For example, if a player dies and runes to get rezzed in brit, upon being rezzed he is moved underground where the healers actualyl are, and then is unable to move.

sec_goat

Squire
I am having some issues with the spawner.
When i choose to spawn by expansion, including SA and HS i get errors that it cannot find the data/monsters/whatever files to spawn from. I can use the ML or older exapnsions but things are not in the right place.

I am running client patch 7.0.15.1 and I am running RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.2, Build 4409.22450
Not sure what I am doing wrong as the spawner and data files work fine on a windows installation, but not this linux install.

Thanks!

EDIT: Weird, in windows the Data/Monsters/location folders can be capitalized, but in linux I had to make the first letter of each folder lowercase in order for the spawner to find the files.
It is now working! Just an FYI it wouldn't hurt to change the folder names in SpawMaps.cs etc. to be case sensitive to what the folders are.

nerun

Sorceror
EDIT: Weird, in windows the Data/Monsters/location folders can be capitalized, but in linux I had to make the first letter of each folder lowercase in order for the spawner to find the files.
It is now working! Just an FYI it wouldn't hurt to change the folder names in SpawMaps.cs etc. to be case sensitive to what the folders are.

Thank you.