RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO Banned From School

bzk90

Lord
TheOutkastDev said:
When people talk about the failure of the education system, they always point to the obvious: It isn't adequately educating. It seems like a logical conclusion, yes? If our country is becoming a cesspool of ignorant troglodites, then it must be because the education system did not educate.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't one have to apply the knowledge on his or her own? Why are the statistics showing our lackluster education have to always be cited as a result of not educating. Maybe we're not showing our kids how to use the fucking trigonometic identities in real life, practical application. Or, the uses of compound interest, and how knowing it can be the difference in paying $50,000 for his corvette, or $60,000.

Education isn't complete until complete, understood application.

Practical application doesn't exist in any school I have ever been to.

Practical application is, in the end, the best way to learn. I seriously dout my Industrial Tech classes or my CAD classes would have had much use to me had I not been on a computer every day with my teacher watch, and answering questions As I tried to recreate the things he had .... or If I had not been running machines during the class and actually making things. Books only get you so far.

[Edit]I had 3 or so Industrial classes( running CNC mills ect ) and 1 Basic 2d CAD class aswell as one CAD class using ProDesktop 8.0 for modeling 3D parts( all with the same teacher, helped loads too sense he knows what hes doing and will jump in there with you and help you with anything you need ).[/Edit]

[Edit] Hes the same guy I did my Cisco Web Design class with, good stuff I just wish the website you build for your final wasnt the pre determined school site( with the stupid ass lizard you have to photoshop, anyone who did Cisco webdesign probly had to make the same damn shit lmao ). [/Edit]

TheOutkastDev said:
When people talk about the failure of the education system, they always point to the obvious: It isn't adequately educating. It seems like a logical conclusion, yes? If our country is becoming a cesspool of ignorant troglodites, then it must be because the education system did not educate.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't one have to apply the knowledge on his or her own? Why are the statistics showing our lackluster education have to always be cited as a result of not educating. Maybe we're not showing our kids how to use the fucking trigonometic identities in real life, practical application. Or, the uses of compound interest, and how knowing it can be the difference in paying $50,000 for his corvette, or $60,000.

Education isn't complete until complete, understood application.
As much As I hate to agree with him, OutKast is right again. The willingness to learn must be there for the child to be efectively taught. This is why the U.S. suffers compared to students abroad, not our teachers, our teachers are fine. Americans are lazier than most other people because we have become accustomed to the luxeries which we have. Others countries students do well to get to America and have those luxeries. they have more motivation. Want proof? look at the amount of students who do well in Black colleges, compared to those of white/mixed colleges. Black colleges do better. Know why? (and this is statistcs, not all) black people or usually poorer than most white folks. Therefore, they work harder.

@bzk: You responded too hastily... I've gotten to know you somewhat so I know youve passed the milestone where you realize you're smarter than alot of the adults and authority figures surrounding you. OutKast proved your point actually. Evidentally, you had enough 'Practical Application' to learn without even a teacher. Not all children have that though. Therefore, Teachers are needed. I personally think you are bored in your classes because you are ahead and therefore unwilling to repeat stuff you already know. Why? Cause I been there.

EDIT: reworded to reduce drama.

TMSTKSBK said:
Why the crap do you not like Outkast? He's a likable kinda guy...(really!)
I dont exactly NOT like him... besides, its really none of your business.

Put it this way; He's like warangel, sometimes I love him, but alot of times, he can be a real dick.

If I were Outkast I would slap you just for putting my name in the same sentence as WarAngel's, you dont even want to know what I would do to you for comparing me to WarAngel.

o0_Sithid_0o said:
If I were Outkast I would slap you just for putting my name in the same sentence as WarAngel's, you dont even want to know what I would do to you for comparing me to WarAngel.
hahah true. at least when Outkast is a dick he has reasoning and logic behind him.

Avelyn

Sorceror
o0_Sithid_0o said:
Practical application is, in the end, the best way to learn. I seriously dout my Industrial Tech classes or my CAD classes would have had much use to me had I not been on a computer every day with my teacher watch, and answering questions As I tried to recreate the things he had .... or If I had not been running machines during the class and actually making things. Books only get you so far.

[Edit]I had 3 or so Industrial classes( running CNC mills ect ) and 1 Basic 2d CAD class aswell as one CAD class using ProDesktop 8.0 for modeling 3D parts( all with the same teacher, helped loads too sense he knows what hes doing and will jump in there with you and help you with anything you need ).[/Edit]

[Edit] Hes the same guy I did my Cisco Web Design class with, good stuff I just wish the website you build for your final wasnt the pre determined school site( with the stupid ass lizard you have to photoshop, anyone who did Cisco webdesign probly had to make the same damn shit lmao ). [/Edit]

Sighs where is the Art? Drama? Literature? Music? Hell even pottery.... One of my degrees is in Computer Science, so I love technology, but without these, life is so bland.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
I am always right, and you are wrong about me not being right all the time. TYVM, another demonstration of me always being right.