RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, I started playing WoW...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj9251

Sorceror
Hey 4RK3TYP3, i got a question for you, why in the hell do mormons have to come around to your house and try to "recruit" you. especially when your eating dinner with your family, no other religions come around trying to recruit, are they really that desperate? it really pisses me off!

(No offense to you)

WarAngel

Wanderer
aj9251;693834 said:
Hey 4RK3TYP3, i got a question for you, why in the hell do mormons have to come around to your house and try to "recruit" you. especially when your eating dinner with your family, no other religions come around trying to recruit, are they really that desperate? it really pisses me off!

(No offense to you)

Someone already asked that, and other religions do come to your house.

Really, think about it. They are trying to show their dedication to god by spreading his word and his message. Even though I don't believe in god, I find their dedication to their beliefs to be highly respectable (and okay, maybe a little annoying). Spending two years on the road doing missionary work is not something most of us could do. Not only that, but why even bother mentioning that you're eating dinner with your family? As if they are supposed to look in your windows to make sure you aren't doing something before knocking?

Admin God

Wanderer
Thats it, I'm installing these all over my house. Where is your god now?!? HAHAHA...

Just kidding. I kid because I love. :D

Kiwi

Knight
WarAngel;693998 said:
It's not bad at all. I used to bash it constantly, and then I actually played it. Now I am in love.

I used to bash it constantly then I played it. Now I bash it endlessly.

Joeku

Lord
I play it because my brother does... :eek:

It's not bad but... it doesn't give me the same feeling that UO did. I still thing UO was a much better game.

UO's just way too limited because of the tile-based system and the entire interface in general... :/

mehoo

Sorceror
Unfortunately there will probably never be another game that will affect people like UO did.
All the new Mmorpgs are basicly the same thing now days WoW just does it the best.

Setharnas

Sorceror
mehoo;694022 said:
All the new Mmorpgs are basicly the same thing now days WoW just does it the best.
Even that is debateable. I played Everquest 1 for a long time and have fond memories of the friends I made there. For a while I moved on to EQ 2, but didn't stay with that for time/money reasons. With the graphic style of WoW though I could never see myself enjoying it as I did EQ1 (and I won't compare UO in that context because of the 2D/3D difference). And as I agree to the part that, in the end, all MMORPGs are basically the same thing... No WoW for me.

Rosetta

Wanderer
4RK3TYP3 I wasn't the one who gave you negative karma, however perhaps it's because mormons are not always as honest and or nice as they pretend to be.
Mormon Training

There are a lot of reasons people do not like mormons. But the biggest reasons are because they are the rude, they are always pushy. They do everything with a freaky large smile on their face and in a passive aggressive manner. If they stopped believing in every circumstance that they are "holier than thou", and they are the "only true church" perhaps they would be more well liked and easily accepted. And left alone to practice their religion as they see fit, just like all the other religions out there people choose to believe in.

In Utah you are either Mormon or Anti-mormon, and it doesn't matter if it's because they piss you off or because your baptist, or any other religion, you are the anti-mormon the "attackers".

Religion overall seems to be over rated: :p
George Carlin - Religion is bs

WarAngel

Wanderer
Rosetta;695079 said:
4RK3TYP3 I wasn't the one who gave you negative karma, however perhaps it's because mormons are not always as honest and or nice as they pretend to be.
Mormon Training

There are a lot of reasons people do not like mormons. But the biggest reasons are because they are the rude, they are always pushy. They do everything with a freaky large smile on their face and in a passive aggressive manner. If they stopped believing in every circumstance that they are "holier than thou", and they are the "only true church" perhaps they would be more well liked and easily accepted. And left alone to practice their religion as they see fit, just like all the other religions out there people choose to believe in.

Wow. Way to stereotype, asshole.

Ortanith

Wanderer
4RK3TYP3;694744 said:
Apparently I got negative karma for being mormon...hmmmm, who does that, honestly?

People who have had nothing but bad experience with your cult, I remember when I lived in southern California some Mormons came to my door asking if I was interested I told them no I was an atheist and have no interest to change what I believe to be true they took out a notebook marked my address for the next 3 weeks they kept coming insisting I needed to be saved until I told them to leave me the fuck alone apparently curse at them and they wont bother you again
WarAngel;695081 said:

Alot of Stereo types are not true however this one happens to be they are very passive aggressive people if you only saw how they act when your not around

you know the tv show Big Love is a good example of some of the light shit your average LDS (and FLDS) does the show does have polygamy which is part of the flds not lds church

Joeku

Lord
4RK3TYP3;694744 said:
Apparently I got negative karma for being moron...hmmmm, who does that, honestly?
HAHAHA I swear that's what I read at first glance.
Ortanith;695740 said:
People who have had nothing but bad experience with your cult, I remember when I lived in southern California some Mormons came to my door asking if I was interested I told them no I was an atheist and have no interest to change what I believe to be true they took out a notebook marked my address for the next 3 weeks they kept coming insisting I needed to be saved until I told them to leave me the fuck alone apparently curse at them and they wont bother you again
Shut the hell up, asshole.

Rosetta

Wanderer

WarAngel take it as you want. I live in the middle of Utah, I have grown up my entire life around and with mormons.

You're not the first to think of me in this manner WarAngel and I doubt you will be the last. The first time I heard it, I was being stereotyped as a Satan worshiper from a mormon because I didn't go to church for a few weeks, and so I said something similar to what I have said here to the accuser.

Oh well, everyone here in Utah is either Mormon or going to forever suffer in outer darkness, one of the "kingdoms". Their other kingdoms of the afterlife all range in if you are close to being converted or if your a mormon that lived a life based on his/her good works etc done in the church.

If a religion says that there is a heaven, and a woman has no chance of getting to heaven (The Celestial Kingdom) without having a man she married pull her through the veil to heaven. Is just a tad sexist.

Once you have been the outcast of friends and family just because you don't want to go to chruch anymore and no longer believe what they are "teaching", you gain an entirely new perspective of the people.

So do I stereotype?
Perhaps, but not without first reading all the scriptures and giving the mormon church a good deal of my life and trying to understand the religion and the peoples history. I respect that they believe it, and I respect the person if they do the same for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.