RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, I started playing WoW...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johabius

Knight
Nott32;695794 said:
I personally have my own server... its still is boring xD
I want to play WoW at least once, so then I can be cool like everyone else and bitch about how boring it is:D

4RK3TYP3

Wanderer
Rosetta;695767 said:
If mormons are not meant to be judged by their teachings, their scriptures and their leaders. How does one go about it?

I know damned well not every single mormon is a complete dickwad. But the religion itself has some shady beliefs. And I'll say it again, it's a stupid argument to say I don't know every single mormon, it's one of those no shit sherlock arguments. Of course I don't know them all.:rolleyes:

WarAngel let me ask you this. If someone makes a stereotypical judgmental statement, shouldn't they expect the same in return?

*You have no idea how many times I have heard this lame joke, it's a locally well known one, it's nothing but an insult to anyone that doesn't know about the mormon religion. Kind of like calling someone a complete idiot and jackass. It was an insult, and in return I gave another insult*

Everyone reads this and thinks haha what a stupid Alabama hick. This in of itself is a prejudice comment.

To then ask why did I get neg karma? Is ludicrous.

Or I just meant LITERALLY that I had a friend from alabama who is a bit of a yokel and asked me if mormons had horns. That seemed pretty true to life to me and to ask why I got neg'd made logical sense. I didn't say that all people from Alabama are yokels, I said "a" being singular and meaning ONE yokel who happens to be from Alabama thought that mormons had horns (in jest).

Also, unless you actually know about the religion, you can't say they have shady beliefs because the people who say that are outsiders and don't really know themselves, they're just trying to make a group of people look bad for no damned reason.

Ortanith

Wanderer
I also live in utah in cache valley and I do have access to your scriptures and stuff thats only for bishops thanks to bit torrents. I make sure to study something until I have sated my need to understand and well to be honest the Mormon religion insults a large part of my ancestry by saying they were someone else (Navajo and Lakota being laminite that wiped out all the holy nephites and that there skin is not whitesome and delightsome because of there sins ) so perhaps that has tainted my views considering the oral history of my people make no mention of this and the only links they claim to be swords from that time actually turned out to be Spanish swords.

Johabius

Knight
Ortanith;695873 said:
I also live in utah in cache valley and I do have access to your scriptures and stuff thats only for bishops thanks to bit torrents. I make sure to study something until I have sated my need to understand and well to be honest the Mormon religion insults a large part of my ancestry by saying they were someone else (Navajo and Lakota being laminite that wiped out all the holy nephites and that there skin is not whitesome and delightsome because of there sins ) so perhaps that has tainted my views considering the oral history of my people make no mention of this and the only links they claim to be swords from that time actually turned out to be Spanish swords.
If you are going to believe something that you got from torrents that are things that are only accessible to bishops, you might want to rethink your sources. Anyone can write up something, make it look official and post it as a torrent to download. And every religion has things in its past that the current members aren't particularly proud of anyway. Why all the pseudo-hate for Mormons anyway? Sure, their religious teachings may seem a little odd to someone that isn't a Mormon, but Christianity's teachings are weird to people that aren't Christians. Get off the "I hate Mormons" bandwagon already and think for yourselves for once.

Rosetta

Wanderer
It all comes down to the same old thing every time doesn't it?
You are either Mormon or Anti-Mormon in Utah. You are in the clique' or you are an "outsider". Chose the Right or Corrupt the Righteous there are no in-betweens like being human. Even the people that follow the teachings of Emma Smith are considered "outsiders". That blows my mind.

4RK3TYP3 glad to see you actually came back to stand for your point of view though. Wondered how long you were going to avoid the topic.

Ok I will retreat my statement of all mormons, and narrow it down to most mormons have a way of making a reputation for the rest of them. And most of them retire to the same old gimics that I listed in my first post on the whole topic. This includes people I know very dearly.

My grandfather was a bishop. I myself as a teenager did baptisms for the dead. My parents were sealed in a mormon temple. I did genealogy studies of my family. I even went to seminary in high school. And all the other general mormon practices etc etc.
The more I did for the chruch the more I learned and the more questions I began to ask.

So with all that I also read many many books about the mormon history. I KNOW the religion. I am betting I know a lot more about it than you do as well. The way Brigham Young conducted the Mountain Meadow Massacare for one instance amoung many others. I did a lot of study on the chruch before I left the chruch. I love my family, but one thing we agree never to discuss, is religion.

Also, unless you actually know about the religion, you can't say they have shady beliefs because the people who say that are outsiders and don't really know themselves, they're just trying to make a group of people look bad for no damned reason.

I have clarified that I am far from an outsider, more like a ex-believer because of what I have learned and actually witnessed. And that I really feel that I honestly have the spirit within me now lol, hogwash.

Seriously, I have found truth in my life that the mormon chruch could never provide.

4RK3TYP3 I am betting that the friend you so dearly call a stupid yokel, is someone you met during a mission or some other such manner. I don't know, friends don't really call each other names and use lame ass jokes that are as old as saying that there are still real witches in Salem.

So as far as me trying to make the LDS chruch look bad for "no damned reason", lol uh no just not how it goes down.

Go back to your books Peter Priesthood or Molly Mormon (depending on your sex) and keep your eyes covered and never ask for any truth. Just always make sure you know that what ever the prophet says is right. And that way you will always remain "holier than thou" Of which you illustrated quiet well.

*I do realize that this post will make little sense to some people, but it was in response mostly to 4RK3TYP3 and their quiet passive agressive insults*

I think I am done debating a topic I have already went through with many other people and in my mind well enough.

Take Care All, and remember if you start talking religion or politics in a forum expect flame wars from all sides of the issue.
Cheers :p

Ortanith

Wanderer
Johabius;695877 said:
If you are going to believe something that you got from torrents that are things that are only accessible to bishops, you might want to rethink your sources. Anyone can write up something, make it look official and post it as a torrent to download. And every religion has things in its past that the current members aren't particularly proud of anyway. Why all the pseudo-hate for Mormons anyway? Sure, their religious teachings may seem a little odd to someone that isn't a Mormon, but Christianity's teachings are weird to people that aren't Christians. Get off the "I hate Mormons" bandwagon already and think for yourselves for once.

one of the books is called the General Handbook of Instructions.

Bandwagon? Did you not read the fact that they dishonor my ancestry with there lies about my peoples past? Am I to smile and say well it could be true? when it has no real chance in hell of being so.
Or that I hate them for my own reasons? I have investigated there church and I have no problem with people who believe in god/gods/goddesses

I guess reading there books talking to there members and researching every piece of information on them that I could find makes me part of a group who do not think or research for themselves and as for the torrents there very real in origin you can search yourself if your so inclined

4RK3TYP3

Wanderer
Rosetta;695884 said:
It all comes down to the same old thing every time doesn't it?
You are either Mormon or Anti-Mormon in Utah. You are in the clique' or you are an "outsider". Chose the Right or Corrupt the Righteous there are no in-betweens like being human. Even the people that follow the teachings of Emma Smith are considered "outsiders". That blows my mind.

4RK3TYP3 glad to see you actually came back to stand for your point of view though. Wondered how long you were going to avoid the topic.

Ok I will retreat my statement of all mormons, and narrow it down to most mormons have a way of making a reputation for the rest of them. And most of them retire to the same old gimics that I listed in my first post on the whole topic. This includes people I know very dearly.

My grandfather was a bishop. I myself as a teenager did baptisms for the dead. My parents were sealed in a mormon temple. I did genealogy studies of my family. I even went to seminary in high school. And all the other general mormon practices etc etc.
The more I did for the chruch the more I learned and the more questions I began to ask.

So with all that I also read many many books about the mormon history. I KNOW the religion. I am betting I know a lot more about it than you do as well. The way Brigham Young conducted the Mountain Meadow Massacare for one instance amoung many others. I did a lot of study on the chruch before I left the chruch. I love my family, but one thing we agree never to discuss, is religion.

I have clarified that I am far from an outsider, more like a ex-believer because of what I have learned and actually witnessed. And that I really feel that I honestly have the spirit within me now lol, hogwash.

Seriously, I have found truth in my life that the mormon chruch could never provide.

4RK3TYP3 I am betting that the friend you so dearly call a stupid yokel, is someone you met during a mission or some other such manner. I don't know, friends don't really call each other names and use lame ass jokes that are as old as saying that there are still real witches in Salem.

So as far as me trying to make the LDS chruch look bad for "no damned reason", lol uh no just not how it goes down.

Go back to your books Peter Priesthood or Molly Mormon (depending on your sex) and keep your eyes covered and never ask for any truth. Just always make sure you know that what ever the prophet says is right. And that way you will always remain "holier than thou" Of which you illustrated quiet well.

*I do realize that this post will make little sense to some people, but it was in response mostly to 4RK3TYP3 and their quiet passive agressive insults*

I think I am done debating a topic I have already went through with many other people and in my mind well enough.

Take Care All, and remember if you start talking religion or politics in a forum expect flame wars from all sides of the issue.
Cheers :p

Heh, I love that people can feel that they can just insult the religion, say a watered down version of sorry in a way that is even more insulting then leave a little note at the bottom that makes everyone think "eat your own words". This was not a flame to begin with, it was not intended as a flame, and yes there is NO DAMNED REASON for the descrimination of mormons based on decisions of past leaders (Poligamy). Also, to say that you know more about a religion than someone else is asinine, even to speculate that you know more.

But yes, I do agree that SOME mormons are ignorant sheeple that just follow blindly. NO, I did not meet this yokel on any sort of a mission seeing as how I never went on a mission (got arrested while I was in high school for punching a drunk). I do not ignore the "mormon massacre" I just don't give a flying fart about it because I feel the evidence isn't strong enough in either position. I don't care what the people in a religion think, I only care what I think and what the religion teaches which I take with a grain of salt. Brigham young did not lead the massacre, it was his son who was later excommunicated then executed for it (his adopted son John D. Lee). Granted, I don't know ALL the facts, but neither do people who just pic up an article someone else wrote and tweak it just enough to sound original (if you look around, you'll notice a distinct resemblence).

Anyway, I've digressed this thread long enough.

Some game that WoW is ;)

Johabius

Knight
I should really stop bitching and have someone give me their WoW account and a copy of the game. Then I can start bitching again.

Johabius

Knight
WarAngel;695928 said:
Bigots are able to scare me into shutting up. Maybe you should all pick up racism or something, then I'd stop posting.
I tried being racist against white people. It didn't work too well.;)

I think I'll try racism against night elves next. (still bringing the WoW)

Ortanith

Wanderer
I lasted the whole of a week on WoW it just filled me with depression and I did not have the energy to go on

Racism hmmm cant say I ever had that though I do have a prejudice against certain theologys so guess that would be theologyism? or theoism? not sure

Rosetta

Wanderer
4RK3TYP3 I never apoligized and I think I made my insults pretty plain and clear. I didn't really water down anything. I have no problem with the idea or practice of polygamy when it is with consenting adults. So stop trying to guess why I am against it. And like everyone else, who cares anymore?
Shoo
Go Fly your Farts elsewhere. I will never get enough of that it made me laugh pretty good, thanks.

Bigot, yes perhaps I am towards this particular group. I can accept that.
Racist though lol hardly.

And WoW sucks. Very dull game.

Status
Not open for further replies.