RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something for all of you to chew on...

Phantom said:
You don't think I get tired of people making bitch fests threads about me? Saying that I don't help people yet it would take me a year to list the people I have indeed helped?

I don't let it stop me from helping the next person, because I know the person who is bitching about me, won't be around because he isn't dedecated to this community.

as ive posted in the past, youve helped everyone i seen a post by you from, sometimes it seems your being a dick or something but in all honesty it helps, ive always tried to defend your name because i have seen you help someone hell youve even bashed me which helped motivate me to learn stuff so i could indeed help and know the answer lol i ++ you for your support to this cause

Phantom

Knight
Deaths Advocate said:
as ive posted in the past, youve helped everyone i seen a post by you from, sometimes it seems your being a dick or something but in all honesty it helps, ive always tried to defend your name because i have seen you help someone hell youve even bashed me which helped motivate me to learn stuff so i could indeed help and know the answer lol i ++ you for your support to this cause

The reason, take the following comment with an open mind, seem like I dick is because I tell people what I think. This of course gets me into trouble clearly, I try to stay on the good side and I hope overall I help people. While I might not help everyone, I never have tried to do that, because there are people who refuse the help that I can provide them.

I will help ANYONE with ANY question they have, it just has to be my way of helping them, otherwise I choose not to help them. I don't mind the "newb" questions I mind a certain expectation of myself by brand new members who think I should do things for them.

So I appear to be a "dick" or "rude" or "mean" and I get a bad reputation because I don't choose to allow these new members to treat me like their slave.

hell i wouldnt either and honestly there looking for the help whoevers helping them will give it to them how they want, and we also got to remeber this is online and at no point in time do we truely know someons emotions in typeing i could be pissed right now and no one would know, i try not to look at you or anyone for that matter as being an "asshole" i look at it this way they asked for help that person gave it to them the best they could end of discussion

i still applaud your ways, i hope i to can be as knowledgable and dedicated to runuo in the future :) i see you phantom as an idol, i know i sound like a little retard but oh well, i dont see why you should be banned for speaking your mind i do it each and every day.

well in short, phantom keep up the good work i appreciate all i have seen of you even if i was caught on the other end of your constructive critism *two thumbs up to phantom*

mogbert

Wanderer
yeap

your totally right,. when i first came here and started asking questions. i remember getting a search the forums.. thats why ive been here for 2 years and havent posted much haha. but now ive been working on my own server figured alot out and decide to come back and contribute.. so i hope i can help out some people.

Phantom

Knight
mogbert said:
your totally right,. when i first came here and started asking questions. i remember getting a search the forums.. thats why ive been here for 2 years and havent posted much haha. but now ive been working on my own server figured alot out and decide to come back and contribute.. so i hope i can help out some people.

Good for you, we need more people like yourself who help the community, instead of telling us how bad the community is.

mogbert

Wanderer
if i could just find out

if i could just find out how to submit my scripts. i dont really have anywhere to host them from... what do it do *HELP ME PHANTOM*

I hope the spirit is not lost!

You can see from my join date, and the number of posts, I stopped posting years ago because of the hostility. Now I find myself posting again, and asking questions. Thanks.

otimpyre

Sorceror
Happy

*stands and applauds*
Finally what needed to be said came out in golden words.
As for Phantom his knowledge of scripting is more advanced and thus maybe his replys should stick to more advanced questions. And let the more "noob tolerable" members answer the noobish questions. I think this would keep his karma +

Phantom

Knight
otimpyre said:
*stands and applauds*
Finally what needed to be said came out in golden words.
As for Phantom his knowledge of scripting is more advanced and thus maybe his replys should stick to more advanced questions. And let the more "noob tolerable" members answer the noobish questions. I think this would keep his karma +

Why should only the advanced members get the benefit of my experience?

If you can give me a good reason, I will only help the 10 people I consider advanced in the community, of course I already help them in private so that means I basicly will not be part of the community.

Should think about what your trying to suggest, might mean the community will lose alot of experience, and trust me only reason I am here is because I know the community needs me.

Phantom said:
Why should only the advanced members get the benefit of my experience?

If you can give me a good reason, I will only help the 10 people I consider advanced in the community, of course I already help them in private so that means I basicly will not be part of the community.

Should think about what your trying to suggest, might mean the community will lose alot of experience, and trust me only reason I am here is because I know the community needs me.

More specifically:

only reason I am here is because I know the community needs me.

If anyone says this is false, you are very wrong. Not trying to be a "Phantom Suckup" but, that is a very true statement. Phantoms knowledge can go out to whomever he wants. Noobs are the ones who need it, advanced members are the ones whom are too lazy to use google.(like myself haha).

-Storm