RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tired of whiners on privacy infiltration...

WarAngel

Wanderer
Johabius said:
Look at Privatization of Social Security as an example.

At this rate, there won't BE any social security money for me when I hit retirement. You don't have that problem, so I suggest you fuck off. I'm working to pay for your social security and am going to get nothing out of it.

Johabius

Knight
OMG! Now I think I'm a libertarian, so confusing. Seriously though, the "classic liberalism" is what I identify most with, although I do have some conservative views on certain things.

Johabius said:
AB you are wrong, all the conservatives want is to is get rid of big government so the corporations can take over;)
Look at Privatization of Social Security as an example.
But big business BECOMES big government.

Johabius

Knight
WarAngel said:
You don't have that problem, so I suggest you fuck off. I'm working to pay for your social security and am going to get nothing out of it.
At this rate, I suggest you don't make assumptions about people you don't know. I'm only 35, I'm a long way from retirement.

Also its your little hero who is ruining social security anyway. Johab, you are not libertarian, trust me. Most libertarians support Bush.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
No social security for me, but I still pay taxes for it.
Bush is not ruining social security, it was fubar'd from the start. Really it's the headcount of the population that's ruining it.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Anti-Basic said:
Also its your little hero who is ruining social security anyway. Johab, you are not libertarian, trust me. Most libertarians support Bush.

What did Bush do to social security? It's all of them that refuse to do anything, so it will just run out of money, due to the way there was a deflux in childbirth after the baby boomers.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Johabius said:
At this rate, I suggest you don't make assumptions about people you don't know. I'm only 35, I'm a long way from retirement.

Yet you're still projected to have social security when you retire.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Nope, it wasn't. So Bush told Congress "we need to fix this." Congress, particularly the Democrats in said body, did absolutely everything they could to stop it. No more braying lunacy, please...

WarAngel

Wanderer
Johabius said:
OMG! Now I think I'm a libertarian, so confusing. Seriously though, the "classic liberalism" is what I identify most with, although I do have some conservative views on certain things.

Libertarianism is basically pro free economics, pro social liberties. And no AB, true Libertarians don't support Bush. They run their own candidate for president, and if anything, take votes away from Bush and/or Republicans.

Anti-Basic said:
it was not "fubar'd" to the point it couldnt be fixed, instead of helping it, he made sure it died sooner.

I seriously wish you knew what you were talking about when you posted about politics.

The reason social security is going to die is because it began during the age of the baby boomers. After that generation, the rate of birth declined sharply, so now that it is 2006 there are far more people retiring than there are working and the birth rate isn't increasing, so there won't be any money left for us by the time we get to retirement age. It's been a problem that could have been forseen even in the 80s had someone just looked, but now that we know about it, we need to do something about it because I'm not going to sit here and pay taxes for something I am promised but will never receive.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Libertarianism is pro-freedom. The basic concept is that unless you are actively going to harm someone by doing something, you should be allowed to do it.

WarAngel

Wanderer
TMSTKSBK said:
Libertarianism is pro-freedom. The basic concept is that unless you are actively going to harm someone by doing something, you should be allowed to do it.

Self-responsibility at its finest. :D

I said support, not vote for, just looking at the libertarian homepage awhile back when you had link in sig (least i think it was you) anyone could see that yall are very strong advocates for Bush's foreign policies..

WarAngel

Wanderer
That was for Unity08, a group running a Democrat and a Republican together on the same ticket to send a message to politicians that the people are tired of these partisan politics and special interest groups. The entire group is run by the people who decide to vote in the Unity08 election to decide what things are important and what aren't, aka normal people. It doesn't endorse or support either candidate, and is attempting to get past bipartisan politics. Way to go, fucktard.

WarAngel said:
That was for Unity08, a group running a Democrat and a Republican together on the same ticket to send a message to politicians that the people are tired of these partisan politics and special interest groups. Way to go, fucktard.
no this was before that, I saw that one too. But i remember going to libertarian.org from someone's sig also..

EDIT: gg, calling someone for gettying the wrong person's sig AFTER I CLEARLY SAID "I THINK IT WAS YOU"

WarAngel

Wanderer
Well that wasn't me then. How in God's name does libertarian.org show support for Bush?

libertarian.org said:
About IHS

The Institute for Humane Studies is a unique organization that assists undergraduate and graduate students worldwide with an interest in individual liberty.

this was awhile back. not now I said That also. this was back before we even had images in sigs and the person had almost a paragraph dewcribing things I though I would be intrested in

EDIT, bah got the domain wrong, i knew it was .org tho. lp.org is it.

WarAngel

Wanderer
lp.org Frontpage said:
You DO want the Libertarian Party’s Founder in Congress! - Yesterday, when we asked Libertarians “Do you want the Libertarian Party's Founder in Congress?” David Nolan stood at 6% in the poll. Libertarians answered the call. By this morning, Nolan had leapt into second place, capturing 25% of the poll, over 1,000 votes and pushing the Republican front runner into third place!

Damn their Republican support...

Thats a poll, not the page I saw. I am sure the pasrty is diverse, this was just a page supporting him and his "war on Terror"