RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tired of whiners on privacy infiltration...

PappaSmurf

Knight
WarAngel said:
It's not the government's job to keep kids from killing themselves; we have enough private citizens' organization to do that, along with half the stuff the government does and do it three times as good, if not more. Having this program is forcing the government into our lives by making us pay taxes for yet another program that the government shouldn't even be running in the first place. I'm not sure why you think slashing a program gives them more influence. It appears to be just another one of your typical liberal comebacks when questioned about spending on a program the government has no business in, even though it really has no place in this situation because it's not true in the slightest.

See that's the thing the Suicide hotline is a private organization it's not controled by the goverment but it does get goverment funding like a lot of the larger non-profit organizations. Without that funding it would be forced to close down and by making a goverment agency do this they are increasing the goverments size.

Also the part about them having confidential information on individuals is what worries me. We are talking stuff that normaly falls under Patient/Doctor or Patient/Shrink confidentiality, this is information that is none of the goverments bussiness or should it be their concern.

bzk90

Lord
Fuck the suicide hotline (with an emphasis on FUCK)

Here is an idea, let the parents deal with their emo because it's not the gov'ts fault that your kid is stupid and dramatic. Use the vchip and ban mtv and disney, block myspace and tell them to go the fuck outside. If they want to kill themselves then let them because it would be one less worthless piece of shit to deal with when darwin has his second coming...

PappaSmurf

Knight
TMSTKSBK said:
How about they start supporting themselves if they're so important?

What charge for help in a crisis? Set it up as a 1-900 number where your going to have to enter a Credit Card number to get someone to talk you out of blowing you head off?

Honestly my friend you are way to smart be buying all the bullshit the goverment tells you and you are way to smart to be acting like such a fucking incompassionate moron.

If Bush and the Chruch tell you it's true your backing it 100% why don't you see if they have a course in indpendent thinking at NCSU?

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Sorry, Senor Lemming, it is you that needs the independent thinking course.

Ya, it's "incompassionate", but honestly if someone wants to do this, let them do it...but not on my dime.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
How about we spend the money on armor for the troops, so the dems will stop whining about it? Somehow I think we need troops more than we need whiny teenagers...

bzk90

Lord
Or we could just withdraw the troops and focus those millions of millions on a self defence army...that would solve

terrorism against the US
illegal imigration
drug trafficing from outside nations
national debt

some of the other excess millions could go into a national education reformation with a centralized system across the entire US...

bzk90

Lord
Not the US's problem

the middle east has been at war since the beginning of time and nothing is going to change that...

PappaSmurf

Knight
TMSTKSBK said:
Except that is a naive opinion...
(seriously...pulling out the troops would only make things worse.)

What we should sit around letting American's die for a country that will most likely be in civil unrest for decades?

We should re-build Iraq through US Goverment funding?

And think about it if the goverment installs a group like the Sucide line you will still be paying for it since it will be funded by taxation. There is no reason other than access to personal information for the goverment to want to do this the private line has been very successful in it's endevors and goverment funding usually means you have to aquire outside funding too since it's rarely enough to cover all the bills.

And while we're on the subject of removing goverment funding for things how bout they pull the funding for the College systems, Hospitals, Public Education, Senior Drug Programs, and well hell how bout we cut all funding for anything not directly goverment related........

One could just as simply say those are good things but they don't want to pay for them.

WarAngel

Wanderer
bzk90 said:
Not the US's problem

the middle east has been at war since the beginning of time and nothing is going to change that...

It is our problem because their #1 goal is to wipe us out. If we were to withdraw and they would just forget about us, okay. I'd completely go for that plan. Unfortunatly, they aren't just going to forget about wiping us out, so we're in a lose-lose situation. I'm going to go with the option that will get us out of this mess faster, and that's fighting them on their territory, instead of sitting back and letting them come to us on our own soil.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Surely you see the benefits of having a democratic nation in the middle east.
Enough on that. If you don't, you're blinded by propaganda.

Yah, I'm saying it can fund itself or it can die. Thus, I don't pay for it, and the government doesn't get any info.
College systems: no, needed to compete in the global marketplace.
Hospitals: only if you want to get malaria...falls under the category of protecting the people.
Public Education: Fine by me, go for it.
SDP: Ok, that works.

Personal responsibility should not be the responsibility of the government.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Pappa: If it doesn't benefit nearly everyone in the country, it shouldn't be something we're taxed for.

Schools are an obvious benefit to just about everyone.
Hospitals are self-explanatory.

Suicide hotline? Nah.