RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's Your Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

Lord
That's funny...

Ron Paul: 12

He scored the second lowest for my quiz, but after reading up on him on his website, I find that I strongly agree with him - more than any other candidate.
I say the quiz isn't very accurate...

Joeku

Lord
WarAngel;716853 said:
Ah, so that explanation oh-so-long ago that you came up with your own views was just a lie. Interestin'.
WarAngel;716855 said:
lol nice try hotshot
..?

Right after I posted the first time I started reading about Ron Paul on his website (because a short summary I'd read about him made me do a doubletake when I saw that he was second to last on my list...)
It took me that long to finish reading.

I really have no idea what your point is..?

Kiwi

Knight
Joeku;716854 said:
He scored the second lowest for my quiz, but after reading up on him on his website, I find that I strongly agree with him - more than any other candidate.

You and everyone else on the internet

Johabius

Knight
Kiwi;716862 said:
You and everyone else on the internet
By the time of the primaries, there is going to be a very large percentage of voters that are suffering from Ron Paul burnout.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Joeku;716861 said:
..?

Right after I posted the first time I started reading about Ron Paul on his website (because a short summary I'd read about him made me do a doubletake when I saw that he was second to last on my list...)
It took me that long to finish reading.

I really have no idea what your point is..?

If you went through and took this test, which asks you point blank what your preference is to some of the most major topics of the election season, and you scored extremely high with Mitt Romney and extremely low with Ron Paul, you don't agree with Ron Paul. Either that or you can't read.

But I really think you're a Romneyite. It makes sense, given every skewed viewpoint you've ever thrown out here.

Joeku

Lord
WarAngel;716869 said:
If you went through and took this test, which asks you point blank what your preference is to some of the most major topics of the election season, and you scored extremely high with Mitt Romney and extremely low with Ron Paul, you don't agree with Ron Paul. Either that or you can't read.
Uhm...

Or maybe, maybe that website isn't the end-all-be-all 100% accurate way to determine which candidate you completely support in eleven questions tool you make it out to be...
The points-based system for a yes/no answer and then four different levels of "importance" is too broad to be precise; at best, it's a nudge in the direction of what candidate you're probably going to agree with.
Taking (skimming) the quiz in a minute or two doesn't automatically mean that I've totally made up my mind on an issue or a candidate...

You're so goddamned cynical it's nauseating.
But I really think you're a Romneyite. It makes sense, given every skewed viewpoint you've ever thrown out here.
That's kinda vague. In fact, that's really vague. Do you have anything besides blunt, opinionated observations to throw at me?

Joeku;716903 said:
Uhm...

Or maybe, maybe that website isn't the end-all-be-all 100% accurate way to determine which candidate you completely support in eleven questions tool you make it out to be...
The points-based system for a yes/no answer and then four different levels of "importance" is too broad to be precise; at best, it's a nudge in the direction of what candidate you're probably going to agree with.
Taking (skimming) the quiz in a minute or two doesn't automatically mean that I've totally made up my mind on an issue or a candidate...

That's kinda vague. In fact, that's really vague. Do you have anything besides blunt, opinionated observations to throw at me?
It really doesnt matter, as children aren't allowed to vote.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Joeku;716903 said:
Uhm...

Not really. If you put so many "very importants" on issues that you get a 50 with Romney and put so many "not importants" on issues that you get a 12 with Paul, there's apparently something going on there.

What does this have to do with being cynical? I just think you're full of shit.

Dude, you've been posting on these forums for ages. After all the dumb shit you've said, it's pretty obvious what you do and don't believe on a lot of topics.

Rosetta

Wanderer
I haven't made up my mind entirely on who I will vote for. But I do know it would be one of the top three of this quiz. Looks like I am a democrat more than a republican.

John Edwards 54
Barack Obama & Hillary Clinton 51
Chris Dodd 46
Bill Richardson 45
Dennis Kucinich 44
Joe Biden 42
Mike Gravel 34
Rudy Giuliani 32
Mitt Romney 25
Jim Gilmore 17
Mike Huckabee 16
John McCain 15
Duncan Hunter 15
Ron Paul 14
Sam Brownback 10
Fred Thompson 8
Tom Tancerdo 3

WarAngel

Wanderer
Has Barack and Hillary not tied with anyone yet? I know they are running on a very similar platform, generally speaking, but I didn't realize they were that close on issues.

Joeku

Lord
WarAngel;716919 said:
Not really. If you put so many "very importants" on issues that you get a 50 with Romney and put so many "not importants" on issues that you get a 12 with Paul, there's apparently something going on there.
That doesn't mean that I agree with Romney's viewpoint more than I agree with Paul's, it just means that I don't see it as particularly urgent or not urgent - and it's really not very relative on an eleven-question quiz that I took about ten seconds to decide upon my answer for each question.
What does this have to do with being cynical? I just think you're full of shit.
www.dictionary.com said:
cyn·i·cal
-adjective
  1. like or characteristic of a cynic; distrusting or disparaging the motives of others.
  2. showing contempt for accepted standards of honesty or morality by one's actions, esp. by actions that exploit the scruples of others.
  3. bitterly or sneeringly distrustful, contemptuous, or pessimistic.
See definitions 1 and 3.
Dude, you've been posting on these forums for ages. After all the dumb shit you've said, it's pretty obvious what you do and don't believe on a lot of topics.
Okay, tell me my stance on abortion. Tell me my stance on gay marriage. Tell me my stance on illegal immigration. Tell me my stance on government spending, social programs, and the war in Iraq.
Go ahead :)

oiii88

Sorceror
Seems to me that maybe some people forget Joeku as well as some of the other posters on these forums are younger than alot of us. Yes they have some wild ideas and beliefs about how things should be. The same as I am sure a lot of us did when we were their age. So why not instead of treating them like shit thats scraped off your shoe. Instead accept the fact they are young and a lot of things are based on the lack of life experience and not ignorance.

Just my opinion. Proceed with the drama and ignorance now...

Status
Not open for further replies.