RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's Your Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clinton Was my Results. But I dont even know who Im gonna vote for yet. Most likely 3rd Party because my family spends their worthless time Argueing over Republican and Democrat Parties. I hate bieng in the middle of all that shit...

Anyway 500 More posts till I hit 1000. :D

WarAngel

Wanderer
You're fucking retarded. Where have you been for the past 2 years?

I don't even want to know what it would take for you to see them as being worse.

crackrat

Wanderer
Kiwi;717255 said:
WHAT ABOUT RON PAUL
Ron Paul is actually a pretty hard working congressman that while his ideals usually spot on with our constitution. Irony he thought of as fairly radical for these same beliefs. go figuire.

honest question, has anyone in this thread looked into these candidates further than the debates? like looked into how they may have voted on issues over the last 8 years. just curious. the dem's and rep's have promised alot of things this for this election but how have they pursued these issues in the congress and senate, or elsewhere in their respective political positions the results of your searches may worry you.

crackrat;717262 said:
Ron Paul is actually a pretty hard working congressman that while his ideals usually spot on with our constitution. Irony he thought of as fairly radical for these same beliefs. go figuire.

honest question, has anyone in this thread looked into these candidates further than the debates? like looked into how they may have voted on issues over the last 8 years. just curious. the dem's and rep's have promised alot of things this for this election but how have they pursued these issues in the congress and senate, or elsewhere in their respective political positions the results of your searches may worry you.

That's why I like Hillary. As first lady she failed to get her health care plan passed, but low and behold some ten years later she's trying again. It'll probably fail again, but atleast she's trying.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Right. She's still trying to pass a bill to ruin the economy. She's a real go-getter, that one.

@WA: Yeah...I should vote Democrat because the Republicans are being stupid. Nevermind the fact that the Democrats are advocating precisely what I don't want to happen.

Republicans are still the lesser of the two evils.

crackrat

Wanderer
while i agree that we need a better form of health care. I currently pay 900 a month for a family of three and we all are healthy(i've seen a doctor about 15 times in my entire life). her last plan would not worked and would have hurt the smaller companies. her current health plan i cant totally state if its good or bad.

What has she done in her current role within our govt. towards this issue over the last 2 years? shes in a better position currently to try to get this done or atleast try. why would she have any more success as president?
sorry i'm asking because i don't understand the logic that she would be better suited as president to accomplish this feat.

HellRazor

Knight
TMSTKSBK;717270 said:
Right. She's still trying to pass a bill to ruin the economy. She's a real go-getter, that one.

@WA: Yeah...I should vote Democrat because the Republicans are being stupid. Nevermind the fact that the Democrats are advocating precisely what I don't want to happen.

Republicans are still the lesser of the two evils.

What drives me crazy about our political system is why people see "Republicans" and "Democrats" when really what we should be voting for is the BEST CANDIDATE regardless of whether they are a "Republican" or a "Democrat".

The very fact that someone can classify all their individual beliefs into one party or the other already makes it difficult for me to trust them to serve the will of the people. Since when did we vote an entire party into office and why should a political party as an organization have any kind of common voice or power in our government?

It seems to me that the only thing the party system is good for is creating lines of divisions between people and promoting political in-fighting and bickering when our elected officials should be serving the common will of the people who elected them under the platforms they were elected under.

I mean, I'm not a political genius or anything, maybe I'm just missing some hidden value that the party system supposedly provides (besides a shitload of campaign funds for their nominees...and don't even get me started on how candidates need to sell their souls to special interests and other sources of revenue to even have the cash to compete for the presidency to begin with...)

HellRazor;717282 said:
What drives me crazy about our political system is why people see "Republicans" and "Democrats" when really what we should be voting for is the BEST CANDIDATE regardless of whether they are a "Republican" or a "Democrat".

The very fact that someone can classify all their individual beliefs into one party or the other already makes it difficult for me to trust them to do that. Since when did we vote an entire party into office and why should a political party as an organization have any kind of common voice or power in our government?

It seems to me that the only thing the party system is good for is creating lines of divisions between people and promoting political in-fighting and bickering when our elected officials should be serving the common will of the people who elected them under the platforms they were elected under.

I mean, I'm not a political genius or anything, maybe I'm just missing some hidden value that the party system supposedly provides (besides a shitload of campaign funds for their nominees...and don't even get me started on how candidates need to sell their souls to even have the cash to compete for the presidency to begin with...)
Thats too difficult for the majority of this country. They need to feel like they're "in" something.

HellRazor

Knight
It's easy to be apathetic given the options available.

It's like saying "Hmmm. Should I eat the yellow pile of shit, or the green pile of shit? Or should I just not eat any of it?"

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
HellRazor;717289 said:
It's easy to be apathetic given the options available.

It's like saying "Hmmm. Should I eat the yellow pile of shit, or the green pile of shit? Or should I just not eat any of it?"

I felt that way until I started listening to Ron Paul...

I do not agree with him on everything but I find that he's the most down to earth common sense candidate we have right now.

HellRazor

Knight
Ryan;717290 said:
I felt that way until I started listening to Ron Paul...

I do not agree with him on everything but I find that he's the most down to earth common sense candidate we have right now.

Thanks for the info, I'll definately look into him. I'm looking for SOMEONE I can believe in enough to vote for.

Right now I'm considering Obama but I'm still getting myself educated on all of the candidates.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
HellRazor;717294 said:
Thanks for the info, I'll definately look into him. I'm looking for SOMEONE I can believe in enough to vote for.

Right now I'm considering Obama but I'm still getting myself educated on all of the candidates.

I consider the following candidates dangerous and unable to be elected:

• Clinton
  • Obama
  • Rudi
  • McCain
  • Romney
The problem is I think that one of those 5 will be elected.... :(

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
TheOutkastDev;717210 said:
Nobody should be voting republican to be honest.

That's the most ignorant thing I've ever heard...

Party voting is fucking retarded.... they are ALL the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.