RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Women......the 300 sided rubix cube

Yiffi

Wanderer
Others had mentioned the word asshole. The question was more pointed to them sorry about the confusion.

Oh well, whatever works for you and all alike as you search for love. But I won't ever agree that its how the world turns round. Because I just don't go about things the same way I suppose.

For me I found someone I feel equal too. I love him very dearly, and for me in general attraction. I always had a thing for the geeky guys with the crazy hair. The jocs, the riches, the ones that always acted "cool" and like they had it all together never got my attention. Those were the disgusting ones. But I will admit some of my friends did fall for that stupidity.

I dated a piano player, an artist, an anthorpoligist, and a computer geek. All the kind of guy that would get beaten up in school as kids lol. Those kind of guys always seemed much more interesting then the dominant male. Because they were the ones that I could have a conversation with. The ones that had simialar interests and that I felt were friends. And actually I found to be much more sexually attractive.

I am not sure where Darwins theory works into all of this. But I found what I wanted. A friend that I could go to the movies with, take my walks in the park, and play UO with lol. Someone that wouldn't walk away or feel like he had to better then me at anything. Just an equal, a friend. This is happiness.

Radwen

Wanderer
Me love life is crap. Well, I guess I have to find someone thats somewhat as fucked up as I am so that I can feel comfortable with her.
The only person so far I found like that is my good friends girl friend and humm no I'm not about to fuck up their relationship for my sake. Even then I'm so paranoid I'd end up going crazy thinking I can't love her cuz she'll end up losing interest in me and dump me like shit. All the girls I've dumped I haven't liked .. and all the girls I've liked dumped me.

yay.

Courageous

Wanderer
But I won't ever agree that its how the world turns round. Because I just don't go about things the same way I suppose.

People often assume that an observation regarding the way that things generally go is the way they always go. This, of course, isn't so. Thing is, guys are not given much of a map to a woman when they start dating. Best to use diplomacy, definitely don't be submissive or supplicant, project at the very least the image of having a spine. Being a bossy asshole isn't a good idea, but being decisive is, being confident is. And so forth.

I've heard people say to act like an asshole. I think acting like an ass is better than being a lay down supplicant door mat. But I don't think an ass is very optimal. For optimality, act like a prince. And treat her as a prince would a princess from a foreign state. Not as a subject would a princess, but as a prince would. If you see what I'm saying.

C//

Radwen

Wanderer
Sometimes that will work. Others will look for dominance or being dominated..
Some will want to be the pack leader's bitch ..

I wouldn't mind being a womans bitch sexually. In fact some people here know about that.

But outside of that... diff story.

Courageous

Wanderer
In diplomacy games, both sides often assert that they are the superior, through subtle and covert means, and neither side is expected to refute. Diplomacy, as in the manner of conduct for resolving matters between nations, is a safe bet, as one cannot know exactly what cards the other side is holding at all times.

There are, of course, more women who prefer to be subordinate than there are men who do so. This is neither here nor there, as an opening gambit should generally be relatively neutral.

What a man needs to understand that if something occurs during dating where the woman attempts an overt dominant move, this is a dominance test. One passes this test by firmly rejecting the move, chastising for having made the test. Refer back to the diplomacy model of dating, for thinking about what the right thing to do is.

C//

Radwen

Wanderer
I wasn't talking about my nympho friend you browneye. The nympho friend is mine ... MINE!!! Well .. once I fuck up her relationship with her boyfriend like i said I wasn't going to do.

Someone kill me.

I won't fuck it up ... I hope.

Yiffi

Wanderer
*shrugs* Courageous I disagree, probably always will about this one. No matter how many times you say why your point of view should make sense. In my life it just hasn't made sense. And even in general, the only time I see those situations work is short term or in the movies.

Some women don't want that kind of a man. And I never tested some guys dominance like that. I never wanted someone who is always decisive either, when you meet the woman who wants all that you claim and I mean will really wants that long term. I will congratulate you on your wedding plans.

Your idea of diplomacy games, just sound like head games. I always thought that crap was over rated. What happened to just thinking of each other as just another person?

Ah well I am getting bored. Good luck to you and everyone else with this. Dating sucks, and relationships take work. No easy way about it.

... thats just bullshit ... If that was true, Arnold Schwarzenegger would be a much bigger heart throb then Johnny Depp was in Edward Sissorhands.
That's cause weapons are more powerful than muscles. Women are not only after money they are also after power.

Courageous

Wanderer
...when you meet the woman who wants all that you claim and I mean will really wants that long term. I will congratulate you on your wedding plans.
You're implying I'm not married. This is an error, and a foolish one. Tsk, tsk.

This isn't a series of advices telling a girl how to date women, you know. As a girl, you have nothing to compare your own experience to. You have never been a man dating a woman.

And no, I'm not telling men to play games. I'm telling them to be men.

If the woman plays games, of course, they need to crush that. Any real man would.

"Grow a spine and be a man, dude", might be the short version. There's some subtleties, however. "Act like an ass," is not one of my advices. Acting like the head of a nation of one might be, though.

C//

Radwen

Wanderer
Here I am, insomniac again due to a woman's power of confounding.
Hope it won't last one month this time. I'm scared I'm in for a week minimum.

Ilutzio

Sorceror
Fate laughs in the face of probability.
Random laughs in the face of fate.
Amours' arrows laughs at them both.

That's how i look upon this enigmatic concept 'we' call love.

Courageous

Wanderer
You guys don't really want to know how women think.

Attempting to determine how women think, with regards to dating, is disasterous. It's how they behave, that matters. It's what they do that tells the dating story. For this, all that is required is simple observation. My observation is that men who behave like men will do better than those who do not. Darwin would basically agree with me: 50,000 years of evolution is favor of this proposition.

C//

Ilutzio

Sorceror
For your theory to be solid, Corageous, every person would have to have the same idea about the male archtype, and from that standpoint, men can try to mimic it to their best effort, and women can decide who mimics the archtype best.

And i don't belive we are born with those fixed archtypes of how the ideal x should be.
I personally think our upbringing, parents, influences, school, media, religion and culture plays a big part in forming those archtypes.

Beacuase of the difference (if yet--slight) in upbringing between each and every individual, and therefore the difference in how we interpret the archtype(s); your thesis have soem weak spots. (Based on my claims i meen.)