RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young Player System BETA 1.0

cward

Wanderer
jaynigs said:
I dont understand what you are saying, regular youngs get 40 hours of young play and advanced characters get 24
I'm guessing you did a time check instead of a status check on the Young Transport option in the Help gump. I've not looked so I can't say for sure.

bean56

Wanderer
Everything you need to edit yourself is in the txt file. Hopefully in the future someone will have some time to post the distros changed. For the record there is nothing in the submission to edit the help gump. In the distro help gump there is a 24 hours check to send them a different help gump with the haven option. It does NOT check for 40 hours. I would think you should add a check for young status to send them the help gump with the haven option. Maybe on OSI even if your still young if you get over 24 hours you don't get it anymore...I dunno. That's what I'm trying to say. Get it?

jaynigs

Wanderer
Ok, new version available which includes all distro replacement files for simple drag and drop install.

Also added helpgump.cs which will show the haven transport only when you have the "young" status.

Also cleaned up some of the code and added an ilshenar check before searching for a healer.

bean56

Wanderer
I was noticing what it says in the < ? > at the top. I figure that should be pretty accurate. Here's what it says that's not included yet.
Vendors will buy back most items that you purchased for their full value.

You are offered special quests if you used one of the templates during character creation.

Poisoned weapons do not poison you.(don't know what that's about if you can't be attacked by other players)

You can use level 0 treasure maps. ??
I think that's about it. I don't know what quests it's talking about, but maybe you do. I heard once only young players should be able to do urzeas quest or whatever.

brodock

Sorceror
i think it's the uzerans quest (for paladins), the other one from necromancers (i don't remeber the name...)

and the collector's quest (don't know but i think you can do it only if you are young...)

bean56

Wanderer
I noticed that if a player dies and they have a horse per say then that horse just gets left behind. so I added this line in to the playermobile right before moving the player.
Code:
BaseCreature.TeleportPets( this, to, map );
I haven't tested it yet, but it should work fine.

numatra

Wanderer
bean56 said:
I noticed that if a player dies and they have a horse per say then that horse just gets left behind. so I added this line in to the playermobile right before moving the player.
Code:
BaseCreature.TeleportPets( this, to, map );
I haven't tested it yet, but it should work fine.

hmm... will this teleport ALL of your pets to that location? for instance, stabled pets?

jaynigs

Wanderer
numatra said:
hmm... will this teleport ALL of your pets to that location? for instance, stabled pets?

No it wont, just your current pets that are not stabled.

Thanks for that bean, something i had overlooked.

bean56

Wanderer
ya, sure. I just also thought it was gay just like the players to get transported, but leave your horse you were riding behind so you have to get another one.

bean56

Wanderer
You made a little mistake in mageai.cs. If you do it the way you put then no tamed creatures will ever cast a spell on another creature. You should change the code to
Code:
&& !(  c is PlayerMobile && ((PlayerMobile)c).YoungPlayer)
I believe that should do it.

bean56

Wanderer
hmm I see. Don't know how I missed that. I believe that my code is more effecient though. What you were trying to do the first time.

Faraway

Wanderer
i've noticed that when you renounce you young status there ara 2 gumps opening. You can check it. Drag the renounce gump and you will see the same second gump.

jaynigs

Wanderer
Faraway said:
i've noticed that when you renounce you young status there ara 2 gumps opening. You can check it. Drag the renounce gump and you will see the same second gump.

Not for me there isn't, maybe you have added the code to show the gump twice in the same script. check your playermobile under the onspeech method.

jaynigs

Wanderer
2.0 Ready

Ive uploaded a new version.

Changes for 2.0

Included new player tickets which will be added to players who qualify for young only.

Young status now checked on world save.

Only young players may now take part in the young player quests ( Dark tides and Uzeraan Turmoil )

As always , please post any problems you find

Enjoy :)

danknight21

Wanderer
The part about only young players being able to partake in thouse OSI quests is false. Any new character starting as a Paladin or a Necromancer on OSI can do thouse quests. The character dosent have to be young ( i have an OSI account and this has been tested )