RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Your Consideration

WarAngel

Wanderer
PappaSmurf;684669 said:
That Depends on where you live, I know many places that are requiring bilingual people for public service jobs now....I worked in a Poultry Processing Plant for years and you couldn't get a supervisory position without being able to speak Spanish and English. In my job as maintenance there I had to acquire some fundamental knowledge of Spanish just to find out from the production workers what was going wrong with the equipment so I could make proper adjustments to the machines in other words, just to do my Job making it a necessary function in order to retain my employment.

I don't know about you but I don't make $34,000 a year and I don't go hungry, so you can't say these Immigrant people on average are scraping to just get by.....

How large is your family? The average immigrant brings along their family, and has to adjust to a completely new lifestyle because America is nothing like any other place. It's easy for us to say that immigrants should have no problem with anything we do because we grew up learning and doing it. The reality is that it's not easy. English isn't easy, being an American isn't easy (especially with such harsh attacks from all sides), and getting and holding a job when you aren't American is a sure shot to being tougher.

WarAngel

Wanderer
PappaSmurf;684666 said:
I'm bitching about Illegals because they may soon be the next batch of Legal Foreign-Born Citizens under the new Bills being worked through Congress which our current President pushed for around the time of the last Presidential Elections.

I hope they are given amnesty, just so I can watch you drown in your own bigotry and hate. I'm sure it will be somewhat amusing.

Based on that any that are here the can't speak or won't learn to speak English are either A) Have legal Residency and learning English, or B) Fall under the possible exemption status or C) Illegal

Jesus H. Christ learn the laws of your own frickin country before you tell me I don't understand what I'm talking about.

Then why are you whining? They have to speak English to legally migrate here, which means they do, otherwise they wouldn't be allowed in. They are legally required to know English to even get in, yet you're whining about them not knowing English...?

and if the truth is otherwise it reinforces my views that the US needs to restructure and better police it's Immigration efforts to make it tougher to be and stay in the US.

Ah, white supremacy at its finest. Fuck everyone else who wants to come to the US for a better life or any other reason, I am a white native so I can make the rules and keep you out for whatever reason I see fit!

How about this: We kick you out and then implement an extremely narrow immigration process, through which we sift through all of your past crimes, offenses, education, etc. Do you think you personally would make it back in?

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
WarAngel;684807 said:
Then why are you whining? They have to speak English to legally migrate here, which means they do, otherwise they wouldn't be allowed in. They are legally required to know English to even get in, yet you're whining about them not knowing English...?

This statement is not true. You do not have to know English to legally enter this country. You do have to learn English while waiting for citizenship.

WarAngel;684807 said:
Ah, white supremacy at its finest. Fuck everyone else who wants to come to the US for a better life or any other reason, I am a white native so I can make the rules and keep you out for whatever reason I see fit!

Any person or persons coming into this country is perfectly welcome as long as they do it legally. Hundreds of thousands have done it.

WarAngel;684807 said:
How about this: We kick you out and then implement an extremely narrow immigration process, through which we sift through all of your past crimes, offenses, education, etc. Do you think you personally would make it back in?

I know for a fact that I would have no problem getting back into my country. I have no past criminal record. I have no offenses. And I am well educated. And guess what!! I speak English.

WarAngel

Wanderer
InOverMyHead;684833 said:
This statement is not true. You do not have to know English to legally enter this country. You do have to learn English while waiting for citizenship.

That is what I meant, but it makes no different. The people who are the subject of these discussions are required to know English to live here, so there is no need to whine about them.

Any person or persons coming into this country is perfectly welcome as long as they do it legally. Hundreds of thousands have done it.

:)

Random side question: Why do you manually bolden everything? We're not going to miss what you wrote. :d

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
I make the print bold for those who don't have the greatest eyesight.

I've been asked that question numerous times that I decided to add it to my signature.

WarAngel

Wanderer
InOverMyHead;684856 said:
I make the print bold for those who don't have the greatest eyesight.

I've been asked that question numerous times that I decided to add it to my signature.

Most browsers have the ability to increase text size for that purpose. ;D

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
WarAngel;684858 said:
Most browsers have the ability to increase text size for that purpose. ;D

This is true but alot of people are still computer illiterate. They don't know how to increase the text size in their browsers or in their os...;)

HellRazor

Knight
InOverMyHead;684867 said:
This is true but alot of people are still computer illiterate. They don't know how to increase the text size in their browsers or in their os...;)

But they can speak English, so it's all good. :)

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
There is a bill right now in the House of Reps that is being debated whether to grant Amnesty to 15 million mexican illegals.

This is what the illegals are going to have to do before they are granted Amnesty. They will all have to go back to Mexico and come back into the United States the legal way, pay a five thousand dollar fine, and learn English.

The only good thing about this bill that our President concocted is....NOTHING!!

I can just see all of 15 million illegals making a run for the border and wanting to pay a $5,000.00 fine so they can come into the United States legally.....NOT!!!

What a slap in all the faces of the mexicans who did the right thing, who came into this country LEGALLY!!

HellRazor

Knight
InOverMyHead;684920 said:
There is a bill right now in the House of Reps that is being debated whether to grant Amnesty to 15 million mexican illegals.

This is what the illegals are going to have to do before they are granted Amnesty. They will all have to go back to Mexico and come back into the United States the legal way, pay a five thousand dollar fine, and learn English.

There is a lot more to the bill than just that.

Border Security:

• Hire 18,000 new border patrol agents.
  • Erect 200 miles of vehicle barriers and 370 miles of fencing along the U.S.-Mexico border.
  • Erect 70 ground-based radar and camera towers along the southern border.
  • Deploy four unmanned aerial vehicles and supporting systems.
  • End the program in which illegal immigrants are released upon apprehension (commonly know as catch and release).
  • Provide for detaining up to 27,500 aliens per day on an annual basis.
  • Use secure and effective identification tools to prevent unauthorized work.

Employment Verification:
  • Require employers to electronically verify new employees to prove identity and work eligibility.
  • Increase penalties for unlawful hiring, employment and record keeping violations.

Guest Worker Program (requires border security measures to be in place first):

• Create a new temporary guest worker program with two-year “Y visas,” initially capped at 400,000 per year with annual adjustments based on market fluctuations.
  • Workers could renew the Y visa up to three times, but would be required to return home for a year in between each time. Those bringing dependents could obtain only one, nonrenewable two-year visa.
  • Families could accompany guest workers only if they could show proof of medical insurance and demonstrate that their wages were 150 percent above the poverty level.

The only good thing about this bill that our President concocted is....NOTHING!!

The president doesn't concoct bills. He signs (or vetos) bills concocted by the house or the senate that are passed through Congress. So if the bill passes and you're in disagreement, blame your elected representatives.

I can just see all of 15 million illegals making a run for the border and wanting to pay a $5,000.00 fine so they can come into the United States legally.....NOT!!!

If the alternative is capture and detention (versus just being sent back to the originating country) it might be a better option. At least for those who truly want to be here as citizens.

Paying the fine will allow some illegal residents to remain in the U.S. in a legal status without having to be deported.

What a slap in all the faces of the mexicans who did the right thing, who came into this country LEGALLY!!

Isn't the goal to 1) Reduce or eliminate the number of illegal aliens and 2) Strengthen security at the border? The process to become a U.S. citizen isn't changing. Any illegal immigrants who come forward will go through the legal process to become citizens.

Basically this is a one time "get out of jail free" card for current illegal aliens. I think the amnesty is basically a bone tossed to the liberals to increase the chances of the bill being passed, as well as to give illegal aliens a chance to go through the citizenship process voluntarily before the tougher enforcement measures are enacted.

Oh, also, this bill is still a proposal, it has not even passed the house yet.

Immigration Amnesty for illegal Immigrants

WarAngel

Wanderer
InOverMyHead;684920 said:

So your solution is to kick them out and ban them from coming back, even if they pay $5,000 more than anyone else trying to come in legally? What the hell man? That's $75,000,000,000 if they all do. That's more than enough reparations for sneaking in.

And the slap in the face to legal Mexicans thing is crap. I doubt if they give a shit. They didn't have to pay $5,000, so I don't see why they'd be jealous or offended.

EDIT
------

I was reading the news on my phone at work today, and it explained the Senate's plan in its current form in more depth. I actually like the plan.

I dislike that they illegally snuck over the border, but it's totally unrealistic to try and send 10+ MILLION illegal immigrants back to where they came from, so the current plan to try and integrate them into the country is kind of cool. I think the best part is that its trying to compromise with all sides of the issue, and it is open to amendment.

The plan would be to allow them to become citizens if they do agree to pay the $5,000 and all back taxes. The current form requires that they learn basic English per U.S. immigration rules, and even a small portion of the billions of dollars we would likely get could be used towards teaching them English, which would satisfy the English-only crowd. I'd be fine with that as well, because we would be helping them learn English, not saying "You're on your own, so fend for yourself. Oh, and learn fucking English too."

The requirement to pay back taxes would work to satisfy some of those who are angry that they have lived here illegally without paying taxes for however long they've been here. That would ease anger against illegals who have used public services and stolen our money by not paying taxes. It also gives us more money in general, which is always a good thing.

Of course it has its downsides. Social security issues will be even more difficult to work out, it could possibly do temporary damage to the economy (though it may help to create tons of new services jobs, which could potentially help; more citizens means more people to service, especially now that they're legal), and of course there will always be those people that are unsatisfiable. Aside from that, it's a move forward. A CNN poll from May found that 80% of people wanted to find some solution towards bringing the millions of people living here illegal into citizenship, and this plan seems to at least be a step in the right direction, and isn't amnesty either because they are required to pay back all money owed and also a $5,000 fee.

PappaSmurf

Knight
I'm against it for the reason that statistically these people will be a drain on the financial systems in the US. The majority of those that come here illegally haven't the best education and with the way things are in the US now. It's been proven that 54% of them will draw more money from the Welfare System than they pay out in taxes, yet once they hit retirement age they will continue to draw. That's not counting the 2.2 trillion dollars estimated that will be needed to integrate them in to the social security, and other federal systems. Point blank the US Government can not afford that type of impact in once fell blow in its financial systems. Outside of that my major reasoning is I disagree with Legal and Illegal Immigration period while the US has a unemployment rate above 2% which it's 4.5% at the moment, and while around 800,000 people are Homeless in the US (a 2006 report showed 744,000) yet 20% of those Homeless actually have Full or Part Time Jobs. If we can't provide and take care of our own then why the hell should we take care of someone else's. If Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador, and other Central and South American countries are so bad then they should be fighting to Change their country not turning tail and leaving to take advantage of someone else's. NOTE: I do not consider Legal Immigration as taking advantage, as these people intended to be productive parts of American Society.

@ WarAngel....DO NOT Ever call me a Bigot or imply that I am a Racist again, nothing can be farther from the truth, as a general rule I get along well and respect people of any Race, and to be honest I find most Hispanics have Values and Ideals, at least in work ethic, closer to my own and tend to get along with them exceptionally well. But I firmly believe the United States should look out in and for the interests of those that are Citizens (either Natural Born, or Naturalized) or Legal Residents first and fore most. Our Laws say if you sneak into this country you have commented a Felony Crime. If you Commit a Crime you should regardless if the crime is Just or Not be held accountable and responsible for your actions. If I come to your house and Shoot, Maim, Rape, Kill your Wife, Sister, Daughter, Mother, Neighbor's Poodle or what ever I should be held accountable for that crime. There is No Difference, defiance of the Law should result in proper punishment according to that law not Amnesty from Punishment. Letting these peoples get away with a Crime while knowing they have committed what the US considers a Felony, something that would normally block a person from being able to Immigrate to the US is unacceptable. It's like Taking every serial killer in Federal prisons having them pay a Fine and turning them Loose. A Crime regardless of fairness or not is a Crime and should those who commit it should be held accountable.

Btw regardless of how it's worded it's Amnesty they have committed an act that under the current law should block one from entry into the United States even with paying a fine. It's Amnesty because the new rules if passed will supersede the fact they committed what is at this point a crime. They could legalize Murder next week but Charles Manson would still be in Jail because he committed the crime while it was illegal

HellRazor

Knight
PappaSmurf;685097 said:
I'm against it for the reason that statistically these people will be a drain on the financial systems in the US. The majority of those that come here illegally haven't the best education and with the way things are in the US now they it's been proven that 54% of them will draw more money from the wale fare system than they pay out in taxes, yet once they hit retirement age they will continue to draw.

By "those people" I am assuming you mean mexicans?

I'd be interested in seeing statistics on recipients of welfare payments. I suspect that recent U.S. citizens are a very small fraction of the overall welfare recipients in the United States and that the vast majority of welfare recipients are people who were born here. Just a hunch, I haven't done research on it.

So far as retirement goes - you have to pay into retirement. Social security is based on earnings averaged over a worker's lifetime.

That's not counting the 2.2 trillion dollars estimated that will be needed to integrate them in to the social security, and other federal systems.

Source please. I find that estimate to be highly inflated. It must be based on some figure like "what if every single illegal resident in the U.S. took amnesty" and then conveniately ignored other financial benefits that would occur on the flip side. Statistics are fun, you can make them read however you like to support your arguement. That's why politicians love them so much.

Outside of that my major reasoning is I disagree with Legal and Illegal Immigration period while the US has a unemployment rate above 2% which it's 4.5% at the moment, and while around 800,000 people are Homeless in the US (a 2006 report showed 744,000) yet 20% of those Homeless actually have Full or Part Time Jobs.

You're assuming that immigration carries a huge impact on employment rates while ignoring all the other factors that influence employment rates. Personally I don't think shutting our borders and denying anyone residency is going to solve domestic problems as wide reaching as unemployment and health care. You are also forgetting that all those immigrants who are supposedly taking all the jobs are also paying taxes.

If your goal is to cut down the population to make more jobs by denying anyone citizenship, why not go the next step and just make it illegal for anyone to have children. We could make it extra contraversial by only allowing those with higher incomes to have children. We could put some armed police at each hospital and abortion clinic to arrest all those who violate the law.

In short, I think the solutions you are offering are not well thought out and based on your emotions over the issue rather than logical outcomes.

If we can't provide and take care of our own then why the hell should we take care of someone else's. If Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador, and other Central and South American countries are so bad then they should be fighting to Change their country not turning tail and leaving to take advantage of someone else's. NOTE: I do not consider Legal Immigration as taking advantage, as these people intended to be productive parts of American Society.

But you just said that you were against legal immigration and that they were all taking jobs away from the homeless.

@ WarAngel....DO NOT Ever call me a Bigot or imply that I am a Racist again, nothing can be farther from the truth, as a general rule I get along well and respect people of any Race, and to be honest I find most Hispanics have Values and Ideals, at least in work ethic, closer to my own and tend to get along with them exceptionally well. But I firmly believe the United States should look out in and for the interests of those that are Citizens (either Natural Born, or Naturalized) or Legal Residents first and fore most.

This whole post sends a lot of mixed messages. You say that we should only look out for citizens, but then you also say "those people" shouldn't be allowed to become citizens even if they meet all the criteria for citizenship.

So essentially what I take away from that is that by "citizens" you mean "only people who are already here legally" and that you would like to see us close our borders. Which kinda sorta defeats the whole purpose of having a democracy.

Not to mention it would prevent a lot of very knowledgeable, talented, and patriotic people from becoming U.S. citizens. Some of the most noteworthy people in our history with the greatest achievements were not born in the U.S. Look on any college campus, any hospital, or any technical profession and you'll find a ton of people who immigrated here and became citizens. You seem to think that the majority of immigrants are unemployed bums who only want to steal work from us U.S. bred god fearin' white folk.

But what the hey, we could just wall ourselves in and not let anyone in or out. That worked real well for East Berlin. Of course the economy in Europe was in the crapper until the soviet union collapsed and all the borders came down. Now a euro is worth 25% more than a dollar. Funny how that global economy thing works.

Our Laws say if you sneak into this country you have commented a Felony Crime. If you Commit a Crime you should regardless if the crime is Just or Not be held accountable and responsible for your actions. If I come to your house and Shoot, Maim, Rape, Kill your Wife, Sister, Daughter, Mother, Neighbor's Poodle or what ever I should be held accountable for that crime. There is No Difference, defiance of the Law should result in proper punishment according to that law not Amnesty from Punishment. Letting these peoples get away with a Crime while knowing they have committed what the US considers a Felony, something that would normally block a person from being able to Immigrate to the US is unacceptable. It's like Taking every serial killer in Federal prisons having them pay a Fine and turning them Loose. A Crime regardless of fairness or not is a Crime and should those who commit it should be held accountable.

Yes, the world is either black or white. There is no grey, nor is there a greater good to be served. The law is the law and there is never EVER any deviation from the law.

Of course if the bill passes, it becomes law too.

And comparing someone who is working or residing in the U.S. illegally to a murderer is a piss poor comparison. There are DEGREES of crimes and DEGREES of offenses. So if you are going to make comparisons, at least compare it to something that is within the same ball park.

Btw regardless of how it's worded it's Amnesty they have committed an act that under the current law should block one from entry into the United States even with paying a fine. It's Amnesty because the new rules if passed will supersede the fact they committed what is at this point a crime.

If an amnesty will solve the problem of illegal immigration or even get a large portion of them to become legal (I'm not saying it will) than perhaps the desired result outweighs your zeal to imprison or deport them at taxpayers expense.

Personally I think that is in there to improve the chances of the bill passing so that all the OTHER immigration reforms can be put into place. Its called "compromise".

They could legalize Murder next week but Charles Manson would still be in Jail because he committed the crime while it was illegal

Oh come on. That's like comparing a jaywalker to Jeffrey Dahmer. DEGREES, man. DEGREES.

WarAngel

Wanderer
PappaSmurf;685097 said:
I'm against it for the reason that statistically these people will be a drain on the financial systems in the US. The majority of those that come here illegally haven't the best education and with the way things are in the US now they it's been proven that 54% of them will draw more money from the wale fare system than they pay out in taxes, yet once they hit retirement age they will continue to draw. That's not counting the 2.2 trillion dollars estimated that will be needed to integrate them in to the social security, and other federal systems. Point blank the US Government can not afford that type of impact in once fell blow in its financial systems. Outside of that my major reasoning is I disagree with Legal and Illegal Immigration period while the US has a unemployment rate above 2% which it's 4.5% at the moment, and while around 800,000 people are Homeless in the US (a 2006 report showed 744,000) yet 20% of those Homeless actually have Full or Part Time Jobs. If we can't provide and take care of our own then why the hell should we take care of someone else's. If Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador, and other Central and South American countries are so bad then they should be fighting to Change their country not turning tail and leaving to take advantage of someone else's. NOTE: I do not consider Legal Immigration as taking advantage, as these people intended to be productive parts of American Society.

You really think any of these greedy politicians would put something like this through if they thought it would make us LOSE the kind of money you are talking about? Hahahahah, no. You are trying to predict a future that not even most anti-immigration politicians try and paint.

It's like Taking every serial killer in Federal prisons having them pay a Fine and turning them Loose.

It's nothing like that, because these people haven't killed or maimed or done anything serious.

Btw regardless of how it's worded it's Amnesty they have committed an act that under the current law should block one from entry into the United States even with paying a fine.

You are a fucking nutjob. We are talking about 10-15 MILLION people and you think it's somehow realistic that we deport even half of them?

It's Amnesty because the new rules if passed will supersede the fact they committed what is at this point a crime. They could legalize Murder next week but Charles Manson would still be in Jail because he committed the crime while it was illegal

No, but if they legalized pot, millions of people would be out of jail/prison and off parole. Punishment fits the crime, and none of these people kiled anyone or did anything serious, except in your eyes.

WarAngel;685115 said:
You are a fucking nutjob. We are talking about 10-15 MILLION people and you think it's somehow realistic that we deport even half of them?

You think its realistic for even half of them to pay five thousand dollars and owed back taxes?

WarAngel

Wanderer
TheOutkastDev;685125 said:
You think its realistic for even half of them to pay five thousand dollars and owed back taxes?

To some degree I do think it is slightly realistic due to the sheer number of benefits they would receive, but I'm sure a large number will not comply, and the creators of the bill have that in mind, which is why it will implement the most strict anti-illegal employment program yet. If you don't pay the price or aren't trying to pay the price, you have no job. The bill also calls for facilities to detain up to ~27,000 illegals a day. If they aren't willing to cooperate with our offer then they can feel the heat.

Malaperth

Wanderer
WarAngel;685171 said:
To some degree I do think it is slightly realistic due to the sheer number of benefits they would receive, but I'm sure a large number will not comply, and the creators of the bill have that in mind, which is why it will implement the most strict anti-illegal employment program yet. If you don't pay the price or aren't trying to pay the price, you have no job. The bill also calls for facilities to detain up to ~27,000 illegals a day. If they aren't willing to cooperate with our offer then they can feel the heat.

I have a hard enough time paying my mortgage (but that's another story). If all of a sudden I had to pay 5 grand or get thrown out of the country, I'd have to start packing... (and I don't know the speed of the process etc, so that part doesn't change my point)

WarAngel

Wanderer
Malaperth;685172 said:
(and I don't know the speed of the process etc, so that part doesn't change my point)

I'm not sure how it works either, whether they want them to pay all at once or if they are able to pay monthly or what.

HellRazor

Knight
Besides, there is nothing stopping them from leaving the country and then registering for citizenship to avoid the fines.

This is targetted towards those illegal residents who don't want to leave because they are earning a decent wage (or what passes for a decent wage to an illegal resident anyways). For some illegal aliens who are basically "settled in" to the extent of having a job and a place to live, it will make sense to take the amnesty, pay the fine, and become legal so they don't lose their livlihood.