RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Server To Play?

TMSTKSBK

Lord
*is a Trammie*

...really I'm more of an *adminie*...I spend most of my time either debugging or building stuff...

Courageous

Wanderer
I spend most of my time either debugging or building stuff.

I haven't played UO since the first year after beta. Not even runuo shards. Weird eh? I wrote code because.... well, because.

C//

I wont be playing anyway, too many of you people feel the need to have a chat system so you can turn uo into myspace.

(No offense, knives, I love your townhouses, but chat in general is just not RP for my tastes, and is rather annoying to see on side of screen)

Rhexis

Knight
Im pro-rp, but I very much would say go for a chat system. Builds up a community and promotes communication. I do most of my rping on a shard's forum anyway.

Puron1794

Wanderer
I tend to get stuck in the admin rut too... it seems I'm always fixing something, tending to players, or adding content to actually sit back and play my own characters. I miss that!

TMSTKSBK

Lord
I'm PvM...when I'm not building.
*requests GM or Admin on the Starbucks Shard for purposes of building massive crap*
...some of you that have been here a while may have seen my buildings.

Alcyone

Sorceror
Well, I'm not in charge here, I'm just leading. We need to all get together and hash out stuff like admins and gm's and stuff, since we're all building it, I think all the responsible ones of us should be staff in some sort. And Joeku, Sith, Courageous, Could sure use some great scriptors like yourselves. If AB doesn't want to play, that's ok. Still *hugs* him. Maybe TMS could start a "building" team. And enough of you have said yes to chat, that chat is a definite. I was thinking for people who like pvp, make fel, and only fel open to that, that way us trammies (of which I'm one) can rp and pvm our way without fear of being whacked. and svn, if you're pretty sure that's pretty stable, sounds good to me. We can always change things over when the final is out.

Alcyone

Sorceror
LOL, I can't figure out how to work the darn IRC thingy, even on trillion. And I really need to make dinner. I'll be there in a bit, if I can figure this out. woooot, I'm excited about this, how about you guys.

Asmir3

Sorceror
Well I'm working on shard right now jsut like this but without the daat resources do the fact that it can get powerful. The website for it is Encore UO. The skillcap is 1500 and stats cap 225 thatway they cant get too powerful. We dont have tokuno do the fact that the animals are over powered. Much more information on the site. Hope to see you there,
Thanks Asmir.
Your home is my home :) hehe
o0_Sithid_0o;658684 said:
Anyone know of a good server to play? Most of the ones I find suck. Ive been playing Mystical Unicorn here latly, its ight it lets me pass time cause its not hard or anything. I need to change servers though, its gotten to the point where if its not custom I can kill it in three wacks and sense they wiped all their custom dungeons ......

Anyways, heres a list of the things I like in a server.

* Above OSI skill gain speeds.
* Increased skillcap but not uber increased( like 1k cap ).
* Increased statcap but not uber increased( like 300 statcap ).
* Customs but not an arty whore shard.
* Added resources( Daat99 owltr preferably( <3s the keyrings/toolhouses/bards stand ) ).
* FS Taming System is a plus, I love to collect tamables.
* Fully spawned world.
* Its actually worth it to paragon hunt.
* You actually have to work for stuff.
* Preferably limited pvp, I find the players on pvp shards are asswipes although if you can assure me they arnt on that shard then ....
* Ability for the server to stay up longer than two months after I join. I hate picking a shard, working my ass off, and thent hey close two months after I started. Its why ive been playing easy shards that require little work latly.

So ya, if anyone knows of a shard like this ... let me know please.