RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OSI Fully Spawned World: now in Beta Phase One.

Revan

Sorceror
The world does need hosting.
Moemakki will most likely not return from his studies (to work with this)
Something will be worked out in at least a month..

Revan

Sorceror
Unfortunatly, hosting would be a bit difficult unless it's done by myself..
Trust is important you know.. Wouldn't want to loose this world to the world..

[EDIT: Oops....misread that post... stupid me, sorry about that. Well, If you want to atleast contact me I could help spawn in my free time or something.]

Revan said:

Hey... I'm new to this forum, and to RunUO.... but I have GM'd a Lonewolf Shard and then Hosted one of my own, totalling about a year and a half of Lonewolf experience, I'd estimate. I have been running a RunUO shard for the past 2 weeks or so. I've got most, if not all, commands and what-not down... I'm not 100% however. Either way, Since we are pretty new, I could give you Admin privalages and you could continue the project on my shard, of course I'd help you with it as much as I possibly could. I would jsut take mine down, and host yours... but since we've gone public around 6 days ago, we have over 40 registered accounts, so I would rather hold onto it. Oh, and I also could sub-domain and possibly build a site for it on my host (http://www.theforsakenones.com). Let me know how you feel about this, I completely understand if you don't pursue it though....I jsut figured I'd offer. I read all psots in this thread, and, like everyone else, liked the idea... and immediately thought to myself, "I could host this!" and then remembered my shard :p. So I offered this instead. Oh, my specs for the hsot are:

AMD Athlon XP 1800 (1.5gHz OC'd to 1.7)
622 MB PC133
60GB 7200RPM 4MB Buffer Seagate HDD
Between 3 and 4 MB downstream, 1.5 - 2 MB upstream
Located in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, USA
Would be available 24/7 assuming nothing crashes, blows up, or runs away.

Let me know.

psz

Administrator
Revan: I'll *ATTEMPT* to get the Ilsh/Malas spawns exported sometime this weekend (Assuming I have time).

I'll send it to you to intergrate it, if you wish.

psz

Administrator
Done.

Also, if you're *NOT* Revan, DO NOT PM ME FOR THE SPAWNS OR MY WORLD.

Thank you.

Tyrus

Wanderer
Revan said:

Revan,

I might be able to offer you a dedicated box, I'm a network/server administrator by trade. I'm currently running my own server now in a shared environment but I just went through a series of upgrades that would allow me to setup an additional server or two. Depending on the time frame and your requirements I could make one available to you.

The server would be in the neighborhood of an AMD Athlon 1800+ to an AMD Barton 2500+ with 512MB - 1GB of RAM. It would be available 24/7 via my cable connection.

psz

Administrator
Depends on the area. Mine is 300k down, and ~170up. However, cable is affected by use in the area... Meaning if a LOT of people are on cable (TV or computer) in an area, the speeds can drop. (Most places have fixed this issue, by upping the overall bandwidth to the area)

Tyrus

Wanderer
psz said:
Depends on the area. Mine is 300k down, and ~170up. However, cable is affected by use in the area... Meaning if a LOT of people are on cable (TV or computer) in an area, the speeds can drop. (Most places have fixed this issue, by upping the overall bandwidth to the area)

Aye, speeds depend on the area and the service provider. My provider's download speed (incoming) is 4 mbps and 384 kbps upload (outgoing).

Revan

Sorceror
I'm afraid that 384 kbps is a bit too slow..
I swear, i WILL get this motha up and alive!
I'll even add a tour or something for players to check out the green acres in all it's glory..

btw, is there a nice way to remove all existing houses?

jungleboy

Wanderer
Hi i am in the middle of organising a dedicated server for my shard through ev1serves (and moving some of my other hosting stuff) which are the same people who have host the uogamers shard (i think)

Project Imperial is connected to the Internet through 14 Gigabit Ethernet links from six separate backbone providers, who each run fiber optic cable into the data center through two separate entry points. As of November 2003, the facility is home to over 18,000 Windows and Linux servers, which makes Project Imperial the world's largest dedicated hosting data center.(copied from their website)

so we should have plenty of bandwidth

I am willing to host the world here for the sake of getting a fully spawned world on the air (if it is needed still) should be able to organise something as far as almost full access for the ppl that need it

Let me know what you think

jungleboy

Wanderer
Also not just saying this to get access to the world files you can install then yourself via either ftp or terminal services

psz

Administrator
Revan said:
IS there a way to remove houses from the world?

[wipemultis

;->

(Assuming you mean player houses... Otherwise [unfreeze, [wipe)

BTW, did you get my PM a few weeks ago?

Revan

Sorceror
Thanks, that's what i needed. Now the players on OCP won't cry coz they're not allowed to have houses :)

Yeah, i got your pm but for some (very) strange reason i forgot to do anything about it!
I'll contact you asap (Probably by saturday)

psz

Administrator
Saturday's good... My week is insane :-P :->

(I may not get back to YOU, though until Sunday, depending how silly Saturday gets :confused:)