RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OSI World Spawns and Scripts

cward

Wanderer
I'm hopeing to have felucca done soon. Khaldun is being a big hold up as few of the Khaldun scripts are in the distro. I spent 4 hours last night replicating the Khaldun entrances and making a .cfg to be used with the decorate command. I'll most likely release the .cfg file before Felucca is ready.

Malechai

Wanderer
I went through that 4 hour process of building that entrance myself. It doesn't look like there is that much to it, but it sure was time consuming. I would have given you my version of the entrance if i had known. Anything i could do to help the process let me know. Thanx again

cward

Wanderer
Malechai said:
I went through that 4 hour process of building that entrance myself. It doesn't look like there is that much to it, but it sure was time consuming. I would have given you my version of the entrance if i had known. Anything i could do to help the process let me know. Thanx again

The entrance I made is an exact copy of OSI's. Building the entrances only took maybe an hour. The time consuming portion was adding each static and static location into a .cfg file so that it can be used with the decorate command.

jaynigs

Wanderer
Warning your gargoyle destroyer will crash the shard when you poison him...

i Initially thought it was blade spirits , but on testing it will crash if he is poisoned and dealing with melee combat at the same time.,.

cward

Wanderer
jaynigs said:
Warning your gargoyle destroyer will crash the shard when you poison him...

i Initially thought it was blade spirits , but on testing it will crash if he is poisoned and dealing with melee combat at the same time.,.
Got a crash log? I just recoded the gargoyle destroyer and cleaned up the code last night.

jaynigs

Wanderer
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Mobiles.GargoyleDestroyer.OnDamage(Int32 amount, Mobile from, Boolean willKill)
at Server.Mobile.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from)
at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy, Boolean keepAlive)
at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy)
at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy)
at Server.PoisonTimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

I had this problem with my orc scout script, had to add a check that he wasnt poisoned

cward

Wanderer
Well, I've tried and tried to get it to crash with the new one I did last night. Still haven't found any problems. One of the things I changed was OnDamage to AlterMeleeDamageFrom. This was most likely where the probem is in the old one. If you want to fix it before I release the updated scripts, change the OnDamage portion of code to this.
Code:
		public override void AlterMeleeDamageFrom( Mobile from, ref int damage )
		{
			if( from.Weapon is  BaseRanged )
			{
				if ( from != null && from != this )
				{
					AOS.Damage( from, this, Utility.RandomMinMax( 25, 35 ), 100, 0, 0, 0, 0 );

MovingEffect( from, 0xF49, 10, 1, false, false, 0, 0 );
					PlaySound( 0x491 );

if ( from.Alive && from.Body.IsHuman && !from.Mounted )
					{
						from.Animate( 20, 7, 1, true, false, 0 ); // take hit
					}
				}
			}
		}

Mauy

Wanderer
Hello ;)
I have a tiny little problem
I've downloaded the mega spawner script and the malas spawn ( I'm trying to set up only a malas-based shard) but I don't know what to do next to actually spawn malas. I've put both the mega spawner and the malas spawn into the custom scripts directory and I don't know what to do next :(
I'm new with this emu, cause I've spent 3 years on uoxc and now I'm looking for a change ;)

EDIT: Also is there a way to painlessly remove all default spawns in Felucca and only activate one map- tha malas map?

cward

Wanderer
You need to type [megaspawner and go to Command Page 5 on the gump. You will find the import options here. You will need to browse to the Malas.msf file on the gump and select it.

Mauy

Wanderer
thank you very much :) and mabye u know the answer to my other questions?

Also is there a way to painlessly remove all default spawns in Felucca and only activate one map- tha malas map?

cward

Wanderer
To remove all of the default spawners type [global delete where spawner
As for denial of access to the other facets, there should be some information in the faq section regarding that.