RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Smokin'

Should people be allowed to smoke in a public venue? ie: food places

• YES! Smoke up, Johnny!

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • NO! It's a serious health risk and it stinks.

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • WHO CARES! I don't ever leave the RunUO Forums nor do I socialize with uncyberized people.

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters

Mo Khan

Wanderer
Ryan said:
You want to smoke?

Do it in your house, or in your car (with the windows rolled up).

The smell of smoke makes me sick and I can't stand driving behind someone who's smoking with their windows down.

It infuriates me.

Smoking is the most disgusting thing in the world (to me).

You want to drive?

Do it on another planet, or stay in your garage (with the door closed).

The smell of exhaust fumes makes me sick and I cand stand being near someone in a running car in the open environment.

It infuriates me.

Car exhaust is the most disgusting thing in the world (to me).

:)

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Mo Khan said:
You want to drive?

Do it on another planet, or stay in your garage (with the door closed).

The smell of exhaust fumes makes me sick and I cand stand being near someone in a running car in the open environment.

It infuriates me.

Car exhaust is the most disgusting thing in the world (to me).

:)

idiot......!

WarAngel

Wanderer
DontdroptheSOAD said:
It's funny because the place I got my information from was BULLSHIT!
But apparently they they were wrong and added a notation to the show. :(
I still wouldn't say the places you cited were very credible (the cancer.org one looks pretty good), but I will admit that second hand smoke COULD be harmful. The human lung can go back to full health as long as you don't contract emphesyma, so if you are not constantly in a smokey environment you should be perfectly fine.

THE EPA ISN'T CREDIBLE? Wow.

Stop using pictures of other types of smoke, as it's totally nonsensical. House fires and volcanos, while dangerous, do not have chemicals such as nicotine or urea in them. It's completely unrelated.

Mo Khan said:
Understood completely. But, let's say you own a cat. And, let's say I am allergic to cat hair and it causes a violent physical reaction . You spend the afternoon playing with, and petting, your cat. I realize I am out of bread so I head down to the store. You become aware that your supply of milk is critically low, and, you too, head to the store. By chance, we end up in the same checkout line together. Some buttnugget behind me likes to keep the line too tight and I end up inches behind you. Within seconds I start to have an allergic reaction to the cat hair on your clothing...I die. should we ban all cats? they are a health risk you know. they just killed a man at the grocery store.

There is such thing as allergy medicine. I haven't heard of "second-hand smoke medicine".

Mo Khan

Wanderer
WarAngel said:
There is such thing as allergy medicine. I haven't heard of "second-hand smoke medicine".

Ever hear of a gas mask or a personal respirator? You could always tote an oxygen canister around too. :)

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
WarAngel said:
Stop using pictures of other types of smoke, as it's totally nonsensical. House fires and volcanos, while dangerous, do not have chemicals such as nicotine or urea in them. It's completely unrelated.
WHAT A COINCIDENCE FUCK HEAD, THAT IS EXACTLLY WHY I WAS USING THE PICTURES. FOR FUCKS SAKE READ THE FUCKNG POSTS.

Mo Khan

Wanderer
DontdroptheSOAD said:
WHAT A COINCIDENCE FUCK HEAD, THAT IS EXACTLLY WHY I WAS USING THE PICTURES. FOR FUCKS SAKE READ THE FUCKNG POSTS.

whoa whoa whoa...simmer down now...easy man...easy :)

WarAngel

Wanderer
DontdroptheSOAD said:

I did read the posts. You're trying to make the effects of second-hand smoke seem less. People who are wrong tend to get very angry. :)

Mo Khan

Wanderer
WarAngel said:
I did read the posts. You're trying to make the effects of second-hand smoke seem less. People who are wrong tend to get very angry. :)

I am wrong...I am very calm....oooooh, look... a prehtty butterfly...oooooh. la la la la la. I'm so pretty...I so pretty and...la la la.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Mo Khan said:
I am wrong...I am very calm....oooooh, look... a prehtty butterfly...oooooh. la la la la la. I'm so pretty...I so pretty and...la la la.

Hahah, you are so pretty Mo Khan, you sexy beast you!

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
WarAngel said:
I'm not trying to make them seem less, they ARE less. But I was using the pictures solely to point out that there is no correlation to Ciggarette smoke and OMG MY HOUSE IS ON FIRE smoke.

Mo Khan

Wanderer
FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Radwen said:
Necrophilia is less disgusting than cigarette smoke.
Arn't you a member of NAMCLA? The North American Man Corpse Love Association? I call bias!