RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Race Factions in beta phase

Kain_Omen

Wanderer
So did you post the script or not?

The rules are simple:
If you want to contribute you will have to post this script when finished no free publicity allowed in SCRIPT SUBMISSION.
So a personn has said that you will not release this to community could you please answer?Didi you release it for community or not?
In bad case, this post have to be erased...i'am sorry; in other case excellent job!That could improve a lot coding in Runuo!

Thanks.

Morxeton

Sorceror
Re: So did you post the script or not?

Kain_Omen said:
The rules are simple:
If you want to contribute you will have to post this script when finished no free publicity allowed in SCRIPT SUBMISSION.
So a personn has said that you will not release this to community could you please answer?Didi you release it for community or not?
In bad case, this post have to be erased...i'am sorry; in other case excellent job!That could improve a lot coding in Runuo!

Thanks.

This is not script submission. This is screen shot submission. No, I am sorry, the scripts are not going to be released. If I would release these scripts, then my shard would no longer be unique. Why would I put in endless hours of time to make a full custom shard and then release all the scripts and no longer be unique? Where are the rules that says I have to release the script if I post screen shots of it? There is no rules section at the top of this forum. I suppose everyone else here who has posted screen shots of their custom shards would have to release all of their scripts as well. I don't think so.

mrkroket

Wanderer
Re: So did you post the script or not?

Kain_Omen said:
The rules are simple:

Thanks.

It isn't the first script that are not released (won't be the last one, thought).
The problem is that many ppl don't make scripts to help the whole RunUO project.
In fact, they write scripts to make their shards popular.
It's sad but it's the true.

To avoid that, I'll release my future scripts (hey, someones are interesting ^_^) with some special license: 'If you like to use my scripts, you should share yours'.

Morxeton

Sorceror
How would releasing my scripts help the RunUO project? RunUO is aimed at creating their default scripts to be exaclty like OSI. My scripts are nothing like OSI. And, I help out the community plenty. I do release selective scripts. I did not have to release my server-wide chat script but I did. I also released a major quest script and other scripts as well. I also take the time to help people out with their problems and I have even written scripts for people as well. I don't feel like I should have to release my entire custom shard scripts, because that would NOT be fair to me. I worked hard on all of those scripts and to release them would mean my shard would no longer be unique, and who would want to play on MY shard when so many others are like it as well? See my point? Everyone in the community tries to make their shard unique from others, because if they were all the same, what is the point? I do help others, and I do share scripts. I just won't share my entire custom shard scripts. There is nothing wrong with that...

sliptongue69

Sorceror
If you don't want to release them, then don't release them. Who cares what anyone has to say? That sh*t is bad ASS! (I still think it looks(ed?) a little too colorful for myself, but the idea and the way it was incorporated, was sweet sh*t!)

mrkroket

Wanderer
Morxeton said:
How would releasing my scripts help the RunUO project? RunUO is aimed at creating their default scripts to be exaclty like OSI. My scripts are nothing like OSI.
OSI are not the ancient guardians of the definitive enjoyment. I'm pretty sure that many non-OSI are more interesting than the OSI ones.

Morxeton said:
And, I help out the community plenty. I do release selective scripts. I did not have to release my server-wide chat script but I did. I also released a major quest script and other scripts as well. I also take the time to help people out with their problems and I have even written scripts for people as well.
I never say that you don't help/share. And you are free to do whatever you like with your work (it's yours :) ).
But I must say that I found that post a bit ads. You put a lot of great screenshots, really tasty ^_^. They are eye-candy, so I ensure you that 90% of the ppl that see that post will visit your shard homepage. And maybe a 20% will play your shard.

Morxeton said:
I don't feel like I should have to release my entire custom shard scripts, because that would NOT be fair to me. I worked hard on all of those scripts and to release them would mean my shard would no longer be unique, and who would want to play on MY shard when so many others are like it as well? See my point? Everyone in the community tries to make their shard unique from others, because if they were all the same, what is the point? I do help others, and I do share scripts. I just won't share my entire custom shard scripts. There is nothing wrong with that...
I see your point.
But experience says to me that on a server there are more things to care, not only scripts. I played on a server with excellent scripts and staff. Unfortunately, their player base has many flaws. A lot of players simply play to disturb others, having a somewhat hostile ambient on the server.
Take care of that.

Morxeton

Sorceror
What I meant was, the RunUO devs release default scripts to match OSI only :) But I will take care of all those issues as they arise, I don't tolerate that kind of stuff ;) And I wasn't trying to advertise, my shard probably won't be public for quite some time... I was just posting to see what people had to comment about the idea... :) There are even more things I haven't posted screen shots of... I will be creating some scripts to release to the forums... I prefer to release scripts that do not modify any of the default scripts. Ty for your input... I won't deal with ignorant players. ;)

ralph

Wanderer

The rules are simple:

Thanks.
Whos rules are you talking about? because last time i looked you cant lock topics... the rules are you can post screen shots of your scripts on a shard, rules are NOT your forced to release your scripts.....

axion

Wanderer
Attention: This just in.. Morxeton is racist.. he firewalled me for no apparent reason just cuz i like to fool around. he doesnt want to "tollerate"
it. I got on the shard, and said whos that nigga thinkin it was ralph, cuz ralph is my friend, and he gets pissed? umm ok, he says i was saying shit to him, even tho i wasnt even talking to him... great shard and all and i was complimenting him and he firewalls me.

So for those of u who are wanting to play that shard, DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT COMPLIMENT MORXETON HE WILL GET ANGRY AND TALK SHIT BEHIND YOUR BACK AND FIREWALL YOU

Kennyd

Sorceror
hm btw morx, that background you use in the gumps is it uhm a custom one? Cuz I can't rly find it :? It's like rly beautiful :)

Morxeton

Sorceror
Kenny:
AddImageTiled( 80, 80, 600, 450, 2624 );
AddAlphaRegion( 100, 100, 560, 410 );

It's not custom ;) Although I do plan on making custom gumps eventually. For now, these gumps will do :)

axion

Wanderer
lmao, morxeton u dont respond to ignorance? i was complimenting you and u firewalled me, what good did that do?

psz

Administrator
I'd have prolly done the same to be honest... Dunno what race has to do with any of it, though.