RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ReRelease - Script Creator(fixed)

Marak

Sorceror
Furyion said:
Umm, well It might just be that i am a stupid newb (I hope know one feels offended by that lol) but i haven't figured out how to use the program, how to open it or any other files of the same type. I know I probably shouldn't be asking in this forum or whatever, but I really do want to try this, my problem is that the icon shows Internet Explorer and when i try to open it nothing happens, do I need a special program for it? This BIG newbie doesn't know anything about the programs that show something like an internet explorer icon, so can you help with this at all. If i need a program could you tell me what it is, thank you for your time and info (If i get any).

Ok, just to be sure you should have infront of you ScriptCreator3.2.rar (or 3.22.rar either way it ends in rar). This means its a zipped file - you need the program winrar - from wwww.rarlabs.com, get that and you need to extract the files from the file you downloaded. There's 2 files - ScriptCreator.exe and Instructions.txt - read the instructions first then just double click scriptcreator.exe and off you go.

Furyion

Wanderer
Thank you so much, i didn't know about the unzip thing lol, but i couldn't have figured it out without you, so thank you so much!!!! I have been wondering if there is any free software that does the same thing, but i believe there is not, I have been looking for programs like winzip that are free but it all costs $10 or more (or less) lol. It is worth it though (I guess).

Phantom

Knight
Furyion said:
Thank you so much, i didn't know about the unzip thing lol, but i couldn't have figured it out without you, so thank you so much!!!! I have been wondering if there is any free software that does the same thing, but i believe there is not, I have been looking for programs like winzip that are free but it all costs $10 or more (or less) lol. It is worth it though (I guess).

Just download the demo....

.zip and .rar are protected systems, the product you buy allows you do extract them.

Furyion

Wanderer
Again, newbie instinct taking over, can't... figure... it out. The question is:

some files extracted from scriptmaker3.23.rar were modified or new files were created. Do you wish to push them into the archive?

The answer is, umm, well i am not sure. i have tried yes and nothing happened, and i couldn't find my script, click no, nothing happens, and again, guess what, i can't find the script lol. Well thank everyone for there help.

Alari

Wanderer
Furyion said:
Again, newbie instinct taking over, can't... figure... it out. The question is:

some files extracted from scriptmaker3.23.rar were modified or new files were created. Do you wish to push them into the archive?

That means you opened a file directly from the archive and then edited it.

Extract the archive with 7-Zip or some other archiving program, and then edit the files. The archive is just an easy way to distribute more than one file at a time, and compress it so it downloads faster. To actually use the scripts with your server, extract the archive into your Scripts folder, or a subdirectory inside it. (Make a directory called "Custom" and put your scripts in there, or in their own subdirectories off of that directory, to help keep them organized.)

Furyion

Wanderer
I have figured it all out, except one thing, runtime error 13, it doesn't even seem to do anything, yet it is an error, an error that i cannot figure out. It doesn't seem to do anything, or mean anything, yet it must mean something because why else would it show? Any help on this error would be appreciated.

drkgpsy

Wanderer
i get this same error any time i try to create a mobile, it also seems to try and make them all into mounts when it starts to construct the scripts...... the item scripts seem to work fine after adjusting the syntax of the file tho

Marak

Sorceror
Checking program now - no-one's posted that error until now lol.

Fixed the errors, next time post as soon as you spot guys then i can fix earlier.

Furyion

Wanderer
Wow I actually came in handy for once instead of just asking questions, its GREAT!!! Ok well i just had to say that for some reason, see ya.

drkgpsy

Wanderer
Sorry Marak, I would have posted something sooner about that but I thought perhaps it was something that I was doing wrong because no one else had said anything about it lol...... I'll get the new version, and thanks for the fix :D

Furyion

Wanderer
I think i must be doing something wrong, because i have the new version, i don't even know if i won't get the runtime error because, whenever i press the create script button, well nothing happens. I was trying to make a test script after a red solen infaltrator queen, and well, i made every single thing have a value, not just 0 on all of them and it still won't work, i just can't create the script, any help would be helpful. Thank you

Johabius

Knight
Furyion said:
I think i must be doing something wrong, because i have the new version, i don't even know if i won't get the runtime error because, whenever i press the create script button, well nothing happens. I was trying to make a test script after a red solen infaltrator queen, and well, i made every single thing have a value, not just 0 on all of them and it still won't work, i just can't create the script, any help would be helpful. Thank you
Once you hit the create script button, the script that you created gets put into the same folder where you have the script creator program at. Check the folder where you have script creator, and you should see your script;)

drkgpsy

Wanderer
another way to find a script is to use the search function on your computer...... search for it by date and put in the current date, or put in the name of the creature/item that you just created and it will find it :D

Marak

Sorceror
hehe i guess i should put a dialog on creation eh? didnt even thinkn about that - ill wack it in the next version guys.

RE: cescent moon? eh?

Marak

Sorceror
Confirmation dialog added, also books are now creatable, tho their still being worked on(i only released this one for the confirmation dialog)

MadMadDragon

Sorceror
Looking Good Thanks

Just a note, Killer job on this.
I noticed that you are working on the book part of it, I tryed it and found that line 1 page 1 works as it should but the rest do not stop at 22 to 24 characters mark.
Also was wondering if there is a way to get a picture to come up of the item selected?
Thanks for all your hard work on this program.