RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ReRelease - Script Creator(fixed)

Marak

Sorceror
I recieved this PM and id thought id share the reply in here as some of you may want the same answers:

Faythe said:
First I wanna thank you for creating this little device so that people with my ignorance of C# can somewhat script. With that said I have a few questions/comments about the program. One is I noticed there is no field to add fire resistance to a weapon that isn't a big deal because I figured out how to do that but what I cant seem to figure out is how to adjust the minimum and maximum weapon damage along with the base weapon speed. What would I need to put into the script to adjust those properties? Also would it help if I gave you the script to look at? Sorry about the support questions but when it comes to this stuff I really am a ditz at it all. I've read a little bit about C# but not enough to apply to UO. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

--Faythe

Ps. Any ideas when the next release will be and possible features that will be included?

As she figured out the fire resistance isnt in there - oops! ill fix that in the next release(coming soon)

As for min/max damage that has been deliberately left out of this version(although it is in the next release) for those wondering here is how you can do it manually:

Under

public class Broadsword : BaseSword
{

you would add these lines(if you are using AoS or higher)
public override int AosMinDamage{ get{ return 14; } }
public override int AosMaxDamage{ get{ return 15; } }

If you are using a shard configured for earlier setups you would use these
public override int OldMinDamage{ get{ return 5; } }
public override int OldMaxDamage{ get{ return 29; } }

Weapon Speed is in there(its just implimented differently - instead of a public override, its just under the [constructable] field)

All of these will be in the next release - but just incase i posted them in here, and fayth - i dont mind support questions being pm'ed :) just if their useful to everyone else ill post them in here.

EDIT:
Ive quickly made the changes and uploaded a new version.

Hey thanks for adding the tabs to this makes it alot better :) I wouldnt worry about the items end of it it is really only importand on the rest because items are pretty basic.

Marak

Sorceror
Custom ridables? hell no - maby one day when i learn todo those myself lol. Custom scripts? err to list every possible variable/modification/what ever you want is impossible - custom items/armor/mobiles - easy - full blown custom scripts never lol

Np's ELKirby

Joeku

Lord
Marak said:
Custom ridables? hell no - maby one day when i learn todo those myself lol. Custom scripts? err to list every possible variable/modification/what ever you want is impossible - custom items/armor/mobiles - easy - full blown custom scripts never lol

Np's ELKirby
Custom mounts wouldn't be that hard, you would just have to add another tab instead of monster it is BaseMount. You would then have to have the ItemID settable. It isn't that hard at all.

AdminVile

Sorceror
Afraid to point this out

*lays the new armor and weapons down on the ground and runs to hide behind the new mobiles*

I almost hate to ask if yer planning and update:p

*ducks*

Marak

Sorceror
Actually custom mounts(sorry it was early in the morning - was thinking custom rideables - as thats what i was reading up about lol). So yeah custom mounts are next - and then adding to the custom mobiles so they can ride custom mounts.

Marak

Sorceror
*throws pot at adminvile* :p as in METAL pot, not something you can smoke lol. Working on getting those damn mobiles to ride the custom mounts now.

Edit:
Well that was easy - ive enabled a field (checkbox) in the humanoid mobiles so they can ride mounts(custom or normal just input the name of the mount in the box that appears when you tick the box) Note tho that i know not all humanoid will be able to ride, so please post in here what CANNOT ride and i will disable their mounts fields.

Marak

Sorceror
The file you d/led from here? its a rar file(make sure the file extension is .rar) you need winrar to open it with - www.rarlabs.com <- you can get it there - then you extract it, and run it like any other program.

Marak

Sorceror
Give me some time on the next update guys - im downloading the new VB.net beta 2 - if i can ill convert to that(to learn it), from what ive read it runs a lot better, and has some cool new ways of doing things - so sit patient.

Also while im here - if anyone has custom code for mobiles, eg public overrides from other mobile types - special effects etc, post them and ill add them in as options on all mobiles :)

Marak

Sorceror
Give me some time on the next update guys - im downloading the new VB.net beta 2 - if i can ill convert to that(to learn it), from what ive read it runs a lot better, and has some cool new ways of doing things - so sit patient.

Also while im here - if anyone has custom code for mobiles, eg public overrides from other mobile types - special effects etc, post them and ill add them in as options on all mobiles :)

AdminVile

Sorceror
Marak said:

YER TIME IS UP *runs back to his hiding spot and ducks*

Furyion

Wanderer
Umm, i don't know exactly

Umm, well It might just be that i am a stupid newb (I hope know one feels offended by that lol) but i haven't figured out how to use the program, how to open it or any other files of the same type. I know I probably shouldn't be asking in this forum or whatever, but I really do want to try this, my problem is that the icon shows Internet Explorer and when i try to open it nothing happens, do I need a special program for it? This BIG newbie doesn't know anything about the programs that show something like an internet explorer icon, so can you help with this at all. If i need a program could you tell me what it is, thank you for your time and info (If i get any).