RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ron Paul -

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
How do you feel about abortions?... Or same sex marriages...?

There are 2 supreme court justices that are going to come up for nomination. If you vote for either democrat... all abortions are going to become legal... the same with same sex marriages... I'm not that liberal... Sex or color of skin has anything to do with the way I'm going to vote.

This country is doomed if Hillary or Barack is president... I think I'll move Australia....LOL

crackrat

Wanderer
uh you might want to honestly look into AUS laws concerning abortion. also gay lifestyle is rather more accepted than in the u.s..

this is not to mention that unless your currently married to a AUS citizen ,got enough money to fund your way there, or have work related talents in high demand atm, your prolly not a candidate for immigration, their cut off age is 45.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
InOverMyHead;743129 said:
How do you feel about abortions?... Or same sex marriages...?

There are 2 supreme court justices that are going to come up for nomination. If you vote for either democrat... all abortions are going to become legal... the same with same sex marriages... I'm not that liberal... Sex or color of skin has anything to do with the way I'm going to vote.

This country is doomed if Hillary or Barack is president... I think I'll move Australia....LOL

I think abortions should be up to the mother and no one elses business, I also think that gays have as much a right to get married as any person especially since marriage is losing its meaning with an ever increasing divorce rate around 40% or more if I recall correctly, not to mention you have already proven yourself to be racially/idealistically biased. If a candidate WERE a muslim it should not have an effect on your voting for that person if they had the character to make a good president.

Our country is in the shitter right now and it is because of George Bush, John McCain wants to stay the course, this will accomplish nothing and only further our predicament and possibly lead to another pointless war with Iran.

Barack Obama is the best bet for unifying the country and helping us out of the hole Bush dug for us, he appeals mostly to democrats and independents, but he also has some republican support, he doesn't immediately turn off his ears when a republican says something, unlike Hilary and he tries to keep his politics clean. I have so much respect for him and would be honored to have him as my president.

Also, supreme court justices don't "come up for nomination" it is a for life appointment unless they resign.

Johabius

Knight
InOverMyHead;743129 said:
... I'm not that liberal...
No, but you keep proving over and over again that you are that much of an idiot.

Why the hell shouldn't gay people be allowed to get married?

Quoting myself from another forum:

Why exactly does gay marriage scare you so much? Are you afraid that a bunch of gay folks are going to spring up around your house and have their weddings on your front lawn? Are you afraid that your children or grandchildren might be exposed to a world where we give everyone the same rights regardless of gender, race or sexual orientation?

What is so wrong with letting two "humans" that love each other enter into a legally binding contract that allows them the same rights as heterosexual couples? How is gay marriage going to destroy the institute of marriage? I don't think that allowing gay people to get married is going to harm my marriage one bit.

Heterosexual couples are still going to be allowed to get married when gay people are allowed to get married. No one is going to force you into a homosexual relationship, just as no one now forces anyone into any type of sexual relationship.

People like you always accuse the liberals of acting on emotion instead of facts, but the fact is, your stance on this issue is the same thing. Acting on emotion instead of fact.
And here's more words of pseudo-wisdom from me:

What exactly are people trying to prove by saying "marriage is an institution" anyway? Another excuse as to why gays can't be married? Marriage is a legal binding contract between two people that love each other, nothing more, nothing less. Are we to the point of saying that somehow gay people are incapable of entering into certain types of contracts?

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Bleah.

Johabius said:
What is so wrong with letting two "humans" that love each other enter into a legally binding contract that allows them the same rights as heterosexual couples?

IMHO, nothing. The only issue I have is the use of the term "marriage". That term holds a lot of traditional and sentimental value for large numbers of people. Therefore, if you call it something else (domestic partnership, civil union, whatever...), I think everyone will be happy to the point of shutting up.

Johabius

Knight
TMSTKSBK;743187 said:
Therefore, if you call it something else (domestic partnership, civil union, whatever...), I think everyone will be happy to the point of shutting up.
I can agree with that for the most part. But there will still be the "OMG FAGS ARE ICKY" folks that won't be happy until homosexuality is outlawed.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Well, ya, but there are also people that are like "OMG STRAIGHTS ARE ICKY!" and won't be happy until heterosexuality is outlawed...

So...nyeh.

I'm just saying that the vast majority of people will be perfectly fine with it if we just change the name a bit. You give a little to get a lot, you know?

Personally, I'm of the opinion that homosexuality makes no sense, and may very well be a mental defect/disease. But there's no reason why people that are otherwise perfectly "normal" (<- note the quotes) should not be allowed to live "normal" lives with all the trappings of "normality," including being allowed to enter a publicly recognized relationship with someone they have feelings for.

Kiwi

Knight
Yay my favorite debate topic. Not to derail the thread or anything.

First of all as far as InOverMyHead is concerned, she will only be happy if she stays in this country or moves over to a place like Iraq, because only in these countries will you find such intolerance towards DIRTY FAGGOTS such as myself. However, people like her are in for a rude awakening very soon. So I'm not even going to bother.

If marriage is a religious institution or whatever, two things:
1. Which religion? You know there's more than 1, right? You know some of them may even recognize filthy gay marriage?
2. Why are atheists able to get married in city hall? Fuck you.

There are two things that rage me most. One is people who say "I don't want my church to be forced to recognize something I don't believe in just because the government said so." Good one. That's not how it works. I'm sure there are some churches who still don't allow pristine white people to marry niggers and spics despite what the gov't says about it.

Second is people who say "what's next, we'll be allowed to marry dogs, family members, children?!"
1. Dogs can't give verbal consent or sign a contract.
2. Family members already have the rights we want in our reasons for wanting marriage. Besides, if they really want to, let them go wild. It's their personal and private lives and if incest is what gets them off then who cares.
3. Kids? really? Who said we were removing the part where you had to be a legal adult? That's right I forgot I'm ruining the country and changing all laws one by one to fit my dangerous and disgusting lifestyle of sitting behind my computer posting on starbucks all day.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
See, I'm not approaching it from the *religious* standpoint so much as the "tradition" standpoint...
(Although most religions do have some sort of "marriage" tradition...)

David

Moderate
Kiwi;743228 said:
I'm ruining the country and changing all laws one by one to fit my dangerous and disgusting lifestyle of sitting behind my computer posting on starbucks all day.

AH-HA!!! I KNEW it was you!