RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.1] Nerun's Distro

ETsCat

Sorceror
i'll probably get told that its an old post, I Keep trying to get Nerons working, but no luck, if I'm just stupid Swallow your toung. Only thing I hate worse then bad programing is SLAMMERS.

nerun

Sorceror
New release, Rev.10:
- Fixed server crash issue with Orc Scout ability to Stealth.

You can update via SVN, via RAR file (already uploaded to the first post), or download a RunUO 2.1 package merged with Nerun's Distro Rev.10 in the Google Code, just click and play.

kaylesk

Sorceror
I noticed that Smart / RangeSensitive Spawning is no longer an option in the [PremiumSpawner gump or on the spawner itself. Not sure if I missed a post about it, but just wondering if that's something that's getting added back in or not. If not I may convert them to xmlspawerners as it cut my save times down over 66% on 2.0final. Small shard, helps keep the mobs at bay when no one's around.

Thanks for the Distro - HUGE help for any noob with some spare hdd space and in itch to run a shard.

ETsCat

Sorceror
I noticed that Smart / RangeSensitive Spawning is no longer an option in the [PremiumSpawner gump or on the spawner itself. Not sure if I missed a post about it, but just wondering if that's something that's getting added back in or not. If not I may convert them to xmlspawerners as it cut my save times down over 66% on 2.0final. Small shard, helps keep the mobs at bay when no one's around.

Thanks for the Distro - HUGE help for any noob with some spare hdd space and in itch to run a shard.

Hope your wrong, I'm having enough trouble running the 'normal'part of my shard, And also will be running 5 maps that are 'custome' if I can get the multi-shard script working.
I want to set things up so that you have to become Very good on the 'normal' part to get the 5 keys to allow you into the 'custom' maps, And they will have uber mobs in them as well as new monsters, quests,and rewards.

nerun

Sorceror
Smart
Hope your wrong, I'm having enough trouble running the 'normal'part of my shard, And also will be running 5 maps that are 'custome' if I can get the multi-shard script working.
I want to set things up so that you have to become Very good on the 'normal' part to get the 5 keys to allow you into the 'custom' maps, And they will have uber mobs in them as well as new monsters, quests,and rewards.

Smart Player Range Sensitive, aka Smart PRS, was removed in new versions.

To the future, I want to add a new kind of controller as an item you can add to a region, customize range of effect etc. So the controller will do what Smart PRS did. Controller will check players range and enable or disable the spawers close to it.

kaylesk

Sorceror
Smart Player Range Sensitive, aka Smart PRS, was removed in new versions.

To the future, I want to add a new kind of controller as an item you can add to a region, customize range of effect etc. So the controller will do what Smart PRS did. Controller will check players range and enable or disable the spawers close to it.

Sounds like you're effectively streamlining the system, just two cents for you. In general it seems like this would work fine for me, my only concern would be custom spawns. Might be a good idea for the controller to be able to define which spawners to turn off in a region, either by name or another route. So all my "WorldSpawn" spawners will turn off but (xml)spawners "CustomQuest" are left alone because 3 of them start in the off state and are triggered by a 4th.

Thanks for the reply - for now I'm going to look at using xmlspawner for the 'smart spawning' on them. I read earlier that Xmlspawner works with the distro. I'll read around and hopefully find an easy way to either convert the premiums to xmls, or use xml and your spawn map files. If anyone knows of a link or a few commands feel free to send them my.

Sorry if this is going a little OT for your new release thread.

Quick Follow Up - There is a text file included with xmlspawner for using distros (like Nerun's) Maps with XmlSpawner, file: Instructions for importing maps.txt

1) unzip the package like Neruns
2) find the directory containing the .map files (e.g. Data/Monsters)
3) while ingame, type the command "[xmlimportmap Data/Monsters"

Other scenarios are listed in the text file found in the default XmlSpawner Folder

ETsCat

Sorceror
Sounds like a great way to load my monsters, I have a new dragon, An Effervesant Dragon, it has the basic anchient dragon looks, sort of, But starts with 3k or better hp, and when it gets to 500 it stars going invisable and poping in and out to hit you. also have level 6 magic spells. also have a few different creatures .All of my custom maps will have custom monsters.( just to complicate things.)

kaylesk

Sorceror
Quick question, I noticed none of the TownFolk under \ML\Mobiles\Townfolk (aka heartwood) have a [Constructable] added. After importing your maps with xmlspawner, the heartwood spawners were placed, but didn't spawn the town ppl on them. I tried [add Tyeelor and got the message that it was not constructable - would I just need to add something like this to Tyeelor.cs?:

Code:
[Constructable]
public Tyeelor() : base( "the expeditionist" )
I added [Constructable] above that line in the script, it got Tyeelor to spawn, but really don't know if that is a correct fix. Would love some feedback, thx.

nerun

Sorceror
Quick question, I noticed none of the TownFolk under \ML\Mobiles\Townfolk (aka heartwood) have a [Constructable] added. After importing your maps with xmlspawner, the heartwood spawners were placed, but didn't spawn the town ppl on them. I tried [add Tyeelor and got the message that it was not constructable - would I just need to add something like this to Tyeelor.cs?:

Code:
[Constructable]
public Tyeelor() : base( "the expeditionist" )
I added [Constructable] above that line in the script, it got Tyeelor to spawn, but really don't know if that is a correct fix. Would love some feedback, thx.

Appear to be a good fix. Thanks for reporting this bug.

Crowley62

Sorceror
A little help i have been using this system for years and love it. I upgraded to 2.1 and now when I make a spawner and type the name of creature i want to spawn hit the button and gump closes name is gone nothing on spawner. Also I miss the way creatures were hidden before till players showed up. Please tell me why I cant spawn any customs thx

nerun

Sorceror
A little help i have been using this system for years and love it. I upgraded to 2.1 and now when I make a spawner and type the name of creature i want to spawn hit the button and gump closes name is gone nothing on spawner.

Yes, it happens. The first time you open the gump, write the name of a creature and click ok, the name will disappear, and the spawner will be set "inactive". Simply open again write again, click ok, do a [set running true. Will be everything ok.

The better way is to use [add premiumspawner CreatureName, example: [add premiumspawner dragon.

Also I miss the way creatures were hidden before till players showed up. Please tell me why I cant spawn any customs thx

You is talking about Smart Player Range Sensitive (aka Smart PRS), this system was removed in the new versions. As i explained above, i will add a different system. I hope te new one will works better.

temps

Wanderer
Found an interesting issue hopefully you guys can help me with it. If you double click a monster while not in combat mode(war) you can loot them.
UO client 7.0.12.0, RunUO2.1, and nerun distro..

(separate issue that I'll post here also, buying from vendors does not reduce your gold)

If you don't know what the issue is.. maybe you know which file the code would be in, that would at least save me some time searching :)

sec_goat

Squire
Found an interesting issue hopefully you guys can help me with it. If you double click a monster while not in combat mode(war) you can loot them.
UO client 7.0.12.0, RunUO2.1, and nerun distro..

(separate issue that I'll post here also, buying from vendors does not reduce your gold)

If you don't know what the issue is.. maybe you know which file the code would be in, that would at least save me some time searching :)

You are not logged in as an Administrator account are you? I can do the same when i am an Admin, but not as a player.

temps

Wanderer
Oh yes I am logged in as an Admin.. haha ok.. I'll make myself a player account
thanks