RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The lack of respect shown by so many to us...

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all fairness I once had a small Russian group on my shard. They were the most respectful people on my shard. I would tend to agree it is not so much the fault of a nationality or specific race, but rather the effect of the more vocal of a group being the worst example. As in any group it is the silent majority that is made to suffer for the sins of the beligerant minority.......

sidsid

Sorceror
Ryan said:
... I will not be making any rash decisions, only well thought out and proper decisions can be made for a project of this magnitude.
So you wont be passing out on the Ft. Ben golf course after doing shots of everclear in an ice filled bathtub, firing your 1945 into your computer, stripping your clothes off and running out into the rainy indiana night? ......you have the fortunate position to pretty much be in the right with whatever you choose. Now you just have to decide which group of users you will support! :)

Mortis

Knight
After taking a break from UO. I come back and read this about some ingrate who calls himself Wyatt (he actually had supporters?) and his idiotic project.

I have yet to read all the moronic post concerning this issue.

I would like to say though. I would NEVER use any ones hacked version of runuo.

Being a member here for two years now. I have the utmost respect for the runuo software team.

Every one of them has gone above and beyond in this mission to bring us a better UO emulator.

It would sadden me deeply to see this discontinued.

I support any thing the runuo software team does. I just hope they still have some room left in their hearts for those of us who have allways been faithfull.

I understand how they could become bitter through morons like Wyatt and so on.

If it becomes subscriber only. Well where do I sign up?

If it remains as it is. I would love that.

I say if any one does run a hacked version all players should boycott their shards. Let them play it all alone by them selves. Languising in their lonelyness.

This whole thing reminds me of another moron. Slyenigma.

I suppose if there is one fool in the world others will follow suit.

Long live the true RunUO. Death to any hacked versions.

Agetian

Wanderer
Ryan said:
As I said in my post, it is absolutely a stereotype and it is not right to stereotype. It is however a fact that the major problem players that actually go through with it were Russian, I am sorry if my words hurt you that is not after all what they were meant for.

For all of you thanks for the support... I will not be making any rash decisions, only well thought out and proper decisions can be made for a project of this magnitude.

Thanks for the reply, Ryan. Of course, I don't blame you for what you've said - I really agree that Wyatt & Co. have proven very problematic lately. However, I'd like to add one more comment if you don't mind.

From what I know about the psychology of guys similar to Wyatt, they are trying to force you into some sudden, probably not very well thought out ideas - such as closing the project or making the subscriber model. That's EXACTLY what they aim for.

However, all such desicions might have their pros and cons. Well, of course, shutting down the whole community will make a whole lot of people all around the world unhappy. Adding the subscriber model might restrict a lot of supportive and creative people from using the project. For example, a lot of people in Russia will have problems with that - simply because we don't have a that well developed banking system to donate money through the Internet and be sure that it reached its destination. Personally, I'm not against such a model - I would pay A LOT for every new release of RunUO if I actually could (physically, e.g. if I were in America).

Of course, I'm not the one to tell you what to do and what not to do (and I think that no one else here is actually the one), you have to make your decisions yourself, but I would just like to ask you not to rush and not to do anything just out of pure rage. That will only play into those freaking bastards' hands and won't be any beneficial for the RunUO community. By taking a wrong path you might actually stimulate the activity of those bastards (sorry for the bad word, but I don't have a better one for them).

Good luck, I wish you to pick the right, constructive decision!

I hope I explained my thoughts well enough...

With respect,
Agetian

sidsid

Sorceror
Just look at it like...
Wyatt just flew his planes into the RunUO towers.....
how do you respond.

PS. Im going to Russia in a month. Want me to perform any "actions"? hahaha.

Actually I personaly do not think it is anywhere near that magnatude. I think you give him far too much credit. He was more like the fly on the wall. Aslayer8 just rolled up a news paper thats all...No the fault lies with those of us who did not have all of the facts who did not just let it die... :eek:

Admin_V

Wanderer
i just think

1) people that do get pissed should just sit back click to go to another site and calm down...
2) If your gonna post flames and and hacked codes etc.. Then they dont need to be here..
3)That everyone should take responsability for there own actions and not point fingers...
4) And who ever bans these people need not give em warnings they already know what the hell they did just click the little ban button and be done with it
delete all threads by that person and move on...

5) And by all means Phantom.. No you shouldnt stop being honest..

CatLord

Wanderer
Ryan dont quit

Honestly since I am a paying member you going to paid members only wouldnt bother me... I do apprecate all that you do for us. With as much as you do for the Emulator Community... I think you should charge. Wyatt was out of line for decompileing the runuo software, and alot of people whine. I have not contributed much as far as scripts but I do have an excuse I broke my back and had to go through major back surgery and am now permanently in a wheelchair. So I have just recently been able to sit at my computer for more than 5 min at a time. I understand you getting frusterated and angry just dont give up on us who care and try to work things out. Just my 2 cents worth.

CatLord

sidsid

Sorceror
silverwolfe said:
Actually I personaly do not think it is anywhere near that magnatude. I think you give him far too much credit. He was more like the fly on the wall. Aslayer8 just rolled up a news paper thats all...No the fault lies with those of us who did not have all of the facts who did not just let it die... :eek:
Not really. If it is the trigger that causes Ryan to actually come out and state he is sick of it, and almost would rather scrap the entire project. Then yes it IS of that magnitude. Most of us against him, arent really attributing to his idiocy such a powerful force, mostly it is in jest. But, regardless of how big a deal it was, it caused something that is the biggest possible upset to the users (dont know about devs) in RunUO history.

Ankron

Wanderer
silverwolfe said:
... I get whiners, complainers, and trouble makers...QUOTE]

Yeah, always seems to happen, when some one can get something fro nothing they still complain. It's like that everyware, They pay for it, it's to much, it's free not good enough. People can do only so much before there's a breaking point. I imagine that runuo is a free project done on pure hobby time. And it's to bad there are lamers out there that can't seem to get the picture. But then as an admin in sphere... yes sphere... the ones who caused trouble were the most fun to abuse. :D I guess till the day Armagedon comes will still have those types. Don't let it get ya down man, you do good work, infact excellent work. I only wish sphere could messure up. Sorry...

David

Moderate
I too can understand what Ryan is feeling. Honestly I was pretty sick of a few things going on and recently took an unannounced period away from these forums. I have only in the past couple weeks really been back and even now not what I would call full time. Just moderating these boards is a pain in the ass, I can only imagine what the Admin staff and Developers feel like. I am by no means asking for sympathy or anything else for myself here; but assuming the boards stay up I would urge the silent majority that I know is here to make a long term commitment to not be so silent. It is the users that make a project like this worth doing--a discrete and quick thank you to the developers and staff every once in a while will go a long way toward keeping RunUO strong.

Well said Khaz. I too knew nothing of C# or .Net before I found RunUO; though I have a lot of VB experience. Scripting for RunUO has given me more pleasure than I could ever have imagined. I think I have turned into a pretty decent scripter and now code exclusively in C#. RunUO has actually helped to advance my career, not bad for a free game server huh?

psz said:
Just don't shut shit down 'til we finish the SE support for RC1 for Demise :-P
Amen! :cool:

Ryan said:
For all of you thanks for the support... I will not be making any rash decisions, only well thought out and proper decisions can be made for a project of this magnitude.
I have a lot of respect for you Ryan and consider you a friend. I would not expect any less than the above and will support you in whatever you feel is appropriate.

Ankron

Wanderer
David said:
I have a lot of respect for you Ryan and consider you a friend. I would not expect any less than the above and will support you in whatever you feel is appropriate.

Here Here! :)

tbird

Sorceror
I say RunUO is a great product, and it would be a shame to lose it! The dev team has done a great job!

I also feel that as a subscriber, a subscriber community might be best, and I will continue to be a subscriber even if it not.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
David, I noticed your absence and was getting a little concerned but I'm glad you're back.

Ryan, I can also understand the frustration you must feel in taking on the clear burdens of a project of this magnitude and quality and then being rewarded with BS.

Are there people that behave like asses around here? Hell yes, and unfortunately they tend to be the ones that get heard the most. They jump up and down and demand to be noticed and respected, as asses universally do. They drain energy, morale, and vigor from any project. No one should have to deal with that, and I wouldnt even presume to ask you to. I can only hope that, as David pointed out, that the presence of the decent, helpful, and appreciative majority of people out there, can counterbalance the negatives.
You and all of the devs have done a remarkable job. When I became a subscriber, it wasnt about what I was going to get from it, but just a way to give back something to a team that had already done so much.
I will always remain deeply impressed by what you and everyone who has invested themselves in this project have done and continue to do.

ArteGordon said:
You and all of the devs have done a remarkable job. When I became a subscriber, it wasnt about what I was going to get from it, but just a way to give back something to a team that had already done so much.
I will always remain deeply impressed by what you and everyone who has invested themselves in this project have done and continue to do.

Could not have said it better.

Wyld

Wanderer
Well now.....Ryan, I know that I am new, but I would like you to know what the whole runuo project has done for me.

Due to creating a shard, I have had to learn about C# (which I didnt even know existed before then), I have had to learn more about html, and I have had to learn about mapmaking.

I am not very good at any of this, but atleast I have learned about it. If it werent for RunUO, I probably wouldnt have done it.

I cant tell you how good RunUO is compared to other EMU's since I have never used anything else, but I can tell you that the experiences I have gotten from RunUO have been nothing but positive.

I have had a computer since I was 16 ( I am 40 now ) and there hasnt ever been anything to get me more interested in the actual programming of it than RUO. Thank You so much for helping me learn more and more about something that has been a total part of my life for so long. (btw, I still have my very first computer)

As for Phantom, please dont change the way you give support. Because of your ways, I have learned.....and that is MOST important to me.

In closing, do whatcha gotta do. If you arent happy doing something, it isnt worth doing. Happiness is the key to everything in your life. I hope you continue on, but I do understand if you dont.

Wyld

Wanderer
yup....and I was so excited when I got it.....it had 16kb of ram with it.....the most you could get on a computer at the time....lol

Ryan,
I wanted to take the time to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your hard work and effort over these last few years. I have very much enjoyed your product and what it has done.

My boys and I are avid UO fans, and we have all played since about 1998. I tried several other emulators over the years, with little to no luck. I found your product about a year and 1/2 ago and gave it a try. I was amazed how well it worked right off the starting line, even as far back as beta .22, you were still way ahead of any other team out there. At that point, I made it my calling to create a world where my children could play with their friends, and people we knew.

I just wanted to say that your product has brough much joy to our lives as we create our world every day, and play to our hearts content. Despite the recent events that have occured on this site, I believe the true reward from all of this is the look in my boy's eyes when they get their chance to jump on and play with their friends.

I am sincerely grateful for all of your effort these past few years, and hope you will continue in your efforts to maintain the quality software that you have provided for us.

Through thick or thin, I am wiht you in whatever you decide.

Respectfully,
Ghosthunter

Status
Not open for further replies.