RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tired of whiners on privacy infiltration...

Johabius

Knight
I first heard of a used condom being called a scumbag in a Stephen King novel. I think it was Dreamcatcher, where the main characters are reminiscing about looking through a dirty window of an abandoned warehouse and there was a comment about scumbags on the floor. Or something similar to that.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
"Your mom should of swallowed you"

or

"The best part of you ran down your mom's leg."

Ravatar

Knight
WarAngel said:
Okay. So fuck the people who died on 9/11. Apparently the concensus is that they're worthless.

I hope you die in the next terrorist attack so I can piss on your grave like you did theirs.

No, but FUCK anyone who thinks that we should reshape our daily lives because of ONE small focused attack. You've been spoon fed this crap by the propoganda machine and when you've given up what basic freedoms you had left you'll have nobody to blame but yourself.

I'm sorry for those in the planes and in the towers on 9/11, but how about instead of making Hollywood feature films and about it and passing bullshit legislation under the disguise of "terror prevention", we stop giving people a reason to attack us because right now they have a large list to work from. Worse stuff has happened in our history, and most of it had little to no impact on daily life.

theformat

Wanderer
Ravatar said:
No, but FUCK anyone who thinks that we should reshape our daily lives because of ONE small focused attack. You've been spoon fed this crap by the propoganda machine and when you've given up what basic freedoms you had left you'll have nobody to blame but yourself.

I'm sorry for those in the planes and in the towers on 9/11, but how about instead of making Hollywood feature films and about it and passing bullshit legislation under the disguise of "terror prevention", we stop giving people a reason to attack us because right now they have a large list to work from. Worse stuff has happened in our history, and most of it had little to no impact on daily life.
if you say the crash in the trade centers had no impact in daily life your wrong.
many stocks crashed because of it, which affects your life to.
The government eves dropping in on telephone conversations is not a violation of privacy...
The government eves dropping in on telephone conversations THEN posting what they hear in the newspaper...
Violation of privacy. When they do that then it will be a problem other than that...
They listen to suspects they believe are involved in terrorism... find out what the hell they are doing and thats that if theres nothing there they dont listen to them for months and months just to find out how much their shoes cost or listen to new banana bread cake recepies...
If you dont want your government to save your ass get out of the country... i mean jesus they are doing you a favor and being liberal you cant see that

WarAngel

Wanderer
It's not really much of a favor. Phonetapping people is easily a violation of privacy. That's kind of what phonetapping does: violate privacy in order to listen to someone's conversation. They have so many other ways of detecting terrorists that I really don't think phonetapping is effective. It still has yet to prove any positive effect, as no one has been arrested after being overheard.

theformat

Wanderer
WarAngel said:
It's not really much of a favor. Phonetapping people is easily a violation of privacy. That's kind of what phonetapping does: violate privacy in order to listen to someone's conversation. They have so many other ways of detecting terrorists that I really don't think phonetapping is effective. It still has yet to prove any positive effect, as no one has been arrested after being overheard.
ok so lets say they tape your conversation...then what do they do with it?(after it has no liable information in it about terror attacks)

WarAngel

Wanderer
It doesn't matter. Whether it was terrible or not, they have no right to listen to my conversations. It's like illegal searching without a warrant, except for some reason this is still allowed to be legal.

siran

Sorceror
WarAngel said:
It doesn't matter. Whether it was terrible or not, they have no right to listen to my conversations. It's like illegal searching without a warrant, except for some reason this is still allowed to be legal.

Exactly. The question is not whether we have something to hide. It is our right to be let alone. That is what privacy is. And it is in the constitution, the 4th amendment. The right to be secure in our persons, papers, possessions, even our thoughts. That is the right to privacy.

Any erosion of our freedom is a dangerous threat to us personally and collectively.

Read the above sentence again.

The awful price being exacted from us by terrorism is the erosion of our freedom. When we fully recognize the lethality of this, we will see it warrants extreme and violent retaliation.

Ravatar

Knight
theformat said:
if you say the crash in the trade centers had no impact in daily life your wrong.
many stocks crashed because of it, which affects your life to.
The government eves dropping in on telephone conversations is not a violation of privacy...
The government eves dropping in on telephone conversations THEN posting what they hear in the newspaper...
Violation of privacy. When they do that then it will be a problem other than that...
They listen to suspects they believe are involved in terrorism... find out what the hell they are doing and thats that if theres nothing there they dont listen to them for months and months just to find out how much their shoes cost or listen to new banana bread cake recepies...
If you dont want your government to save your ass get out of the country... i mean jesus they are doing you a favor and being liberal you cant see that

I think you misspelled "logical", instead opting to use "liberal"... a common mistake. If you'd have taken a moment to read, I never said that 9/11 didnt impact daily life. It DOES.. but only because the public and the government allows it.

The government is doing themselves a favor, by using "terrorism" as a machine to pass extremist legislation that often contradicts or even violates constitutional rights. Or, more recently basic human rights. I'd say you suffer a serious case of "believes whatever the government tells you".

Ravatar

Knight
WarAngel said:
I haven't defended giving up any personal freedoms, sir. I'm not sure who some of your comments are towards now.

The post wasn't directed at you, however there are many people in this thread who DO feel that way. "You" is referring to them collectively, sorry for any confusion. <3

siran said:
Exactly. The question is not whether we have something to hide. It is our right to be let alone. That is what privacy is. And it is in the constitution, the 4th amendment. The right to be secure in our persons, papers, possessions, even our thoughts. That is the right to privacy.

Any erosion of our freedom is a dangerous threat to us personally and collectively.

Read the above sentence again.

The awful price being exacted from us by terrorism is the erosion of our freedom. When we fully recognize the lethality of this, we will see it warrants extreme and violent retaliation.

Thank you for eloquently stating what I've been trying to relay throughout this thread. :)

theformat

Wanderer
Worse stuff has happened in our history, and most of it had little to no impact on daily life.
if your saying worse stuff than 9/11 happened in our history and had no impact on daily life then your obviously saying >3000 deaths doesnt affect our daily life...
i honestly cant stand "logicals"

WarAngel

Wanderer
Though I think there should be some ramifications for the deaths of the people on 9/11, to defend the "logicals", think of how many people die a day in car accidents, from smoking, from cancer, and from all sorts of other things that cause no loss of personal freedom (besides maybe smoking).