RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tired of whiners on privacy infiltration...

bzk90

Lord
WarAngel said:
I have no idea. I'm not a soldier. I know my dad and most of his buddies would if they thought it would help protect (dad's an ex-ranger and his buddies are assorted military). They would all lay down their lives in a heartbeat to fight for this country.

That explains alot...

WarAngel

Wanderer
Johabius said:
Same with my Step-Father (ex-marine). He'd probably be over there right now if he wasn't already dead.

I think that's where a lot of my hawkishness comes from. I listen to a lot that he has to say when it comes to war because I know he has a lot of experience in that kind of stuff, and it just doesn't make sense to me that he would say that if he weren't too old he'd be in Iraq right now, yet people say that the soldiers don't want to be there. I'm sure there are soldiers there now who might wish they hadn't signed up, but with the number of people I see that would be there if they could or who come home and sign up to go right back, it just doesn't make sense. How can the cause be so worthless to our nation if so many people are willing to die there right now?

bzk90

Lord
WarAngel said:
I think that's where a lot of my hawkishness comes from. I listen to a lot that he has to say when it comes to war because I know he has a lot of experience in that kind of stuff, and it just doesn't make sense to me that he would say that if he weren't too old he'd be in Iraq right now, yet people say that the soldiers don't want to be there. I'm sure there are soldiers there now who might wish they hadn't signed up, but with the number of people I see that would be there if they could or who come home and sign up to go right back, it just doesn't make sense. How can the cause be so worthless to our nation if so many people are willing to die there right now?

actually according to the NewYork Times, 72% of the soldiers want to withdraw within a year...

WarAngel

Wanderer
Okay, here's my list of media sources not to trust:

1) BBC. Brits. Self-explanatory.
2) New York Times. Most liberal news source in print.

Plus you didn't even reference. I could say the same thing about soldiers that want to stay.

bzk90

Lord
WarAngel said:
Okay, here's my list of media sources not to trust:

1) BBC. Brits. Self-explanatory.
2) New York Times. Most liberal news source in print.

Plus you didn't even reference. I could say the same thing about soldiers that want to stay.

It's to bad the poll wasn't actually conducted by a bias party...

WarAngel

Wanderer
Nah, I still watch CNN occasionally. They aren't nearly as bad as NYT, and they actually show some unbiased stuff on occasion. I normally just watch the news for the main, important info anyway. I don't watch the small stories. That's what I have newspapers and internet news sites for.

Johabius

Knight
Are we supposed to blindly trust Fox News? I get my news from a variety of sources including Fox News for the record.
Libervatism FTW!

WarAngel

Wanderer
Nope. Never even heard of Huffington. I really wish they had polled WHY they want to leave as well, so we can see if they want to leave because the war is useless or because the conditions just suck there (as if it's not hot enough here, I can't imagine it over there).

WarAngel

Wanderer
And you're a proven liberal scumbag, so what's your point? Plus, what the hell? I didn't even disagree with the poll. I just said it'd be nice to know the reasons why they want to leave.

Johabius

Knight
WarAngel said:
And you're a proven liberal scumbag, so what's your point? Plus, what the hell? I didn't even disagree with the poll. I just said it'd be nice to know the reasons why they want to leave.
Yikes, scumbag! I think I like TMS calling liberals lemmings better. Lemmings are at least somewhat cute.
Does anyone know the origin of the word scumbag (for bonus points)?