RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UO's Next expansion pack...

WarStoke

Wanderer
oh the poor fey sigh
they have been brought back unto this horrid land lol
wtf are they thinking talking about a new expansion
the *cough* free community *cough* hasnt even cought up to SE yet

Kamron

Knight
I uhh... don't know what to say... Uhh... ehh... hrmm...

It seems that with each expansion, the expansion's get smaller and smaller... is that because they want to fit it into 1 CD? or because they are lazy and can't shell out that much new material in 2 years?

CEO

Sorceror
Here's the info incase you don't wanna look it up or browse that god awful stratics board...

Introducing Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy, the 7th exciting chapter in Ultima Online's rich and storied history. Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy includes groundbreaking new features, including:

* New Playable Race: Elves
* Twisted New Enemies
* New Dungeons
* New Spellweaving Skill
* New Quest System
* Collections
* Increased storage capacity

New Playable Race: Elves

Mysterious and powerful, a playable race of Elves will deliver a whole new way to explore and rediscover Sosaria. Along with a New Elf city, the following Elvin themed features have been added to assist the Elves in their return to Britannia:

* New combat abilities
* New architecture and housing tiles
* New trainable mount
* 100s of new craftables
* New wearables
* New Elven City
* And more!

You can start a new Elf character, or you can transform a human character into an Elf after a series of difficult trials and quests.

Twisted New Enemies

While the Elves bring the light of life unto the world, new enemies bring death, disease, destruction and corruption. These fouls beast include:

* Chief Paroxysmus -- a hideous disease-spewing walking pollution.
* The Dread Unicorn - A noxious, twisted version of a once pure creature.
* Lady Melisande - So foul, the mere sight of her causes humans to wretch.
* Shimmering Effusion - A deadly light that appears when greed, evil and corruption are in the area.
* 10 other new monsters, Champion Spawns and Paragons.

New Dungeons

* Nine new dungeons to explore
* Rare treasures to claim
* New Champion Spawns
* New Paragons
* New Peerless Monsters, quite literally, the toughest monsters ever put into UO.

New Spellweaving Skill

Groups of 2 to 5 skilled casters produce powerful magic that would be impossible for one mortal to command. The more participants in the spell circle, the more powerful the spells, which include:

* Gift of Renewal
* Immolating Weapon
* Attune Weapon
* Thunderstorm
* Nature's Fury
* And many others.

New Quest System

New quest engine will provide 100s of quests and 100s of hours of gameplay. Rewards offered will be everything from minor artifacts and gold for simple quests to the ability to join the Elven race after a long arduous series of quests.

Collections

New cooperative collections including a Museum, Library and a Zoo. Completion of a cooperative collection results in rewards for everyone who contributed.

Increased storage capacity

Housing storage capacity will be increased by 20%

Keep an ear out for more specific details to be released in the coming weeks.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When can I play Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy?
A: August 30th, 2005.

Q: I'm a current UO subscriber. How do I upgrade my account to play Mondain's Legacy?
A: You buy an Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy Upgrade Code at www.uomlstore.com. This store link will be active on August 1, 2005. Apply the code to your account following the instructions given to you at the time of purchase. Once your account is upgraded, you will have access to all the content and features of Mondain's Legacy. Note that you will not be able to do this until August 30th, 2005.

Only one UO account can be upgraded with a Mondain's Legacy Upgrade Code.

Q: I'm not a UO subscriber, but I would like to play Mondain's Legacy. How do I subscribe?
A: You buy an Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy Account Creation Code at www.uomlstore.com. This store link will be active on August 1, 2005. You will be given instructions at that time about how to create an account and how to download the game client.

Only one UO account can be upgraded with a Mondain's Legacy Account Creation Code.

When you create a new Mondain's Legacy account, the first 30-days of game play are free. After that, regular billing will apply. If you cancel your account before your first 30 days has expired, you will not be billed.

Q: Does Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy include all the UO expansion packs?
A: Yes, upgrading an existing account to Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy, or creating a new account with an Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy account creation code, will give you the ability to play content from all eight UO expansion packs.

Those include: Ultima Online™: The Second Age, Ultima Online Renaissance™, Ultima Online™: Third Dawn™, Ultima Online™: Lord Blackthorn's Revenge, Ultima Online™: Age of Shadows™, Ultima Online™: Samurai Empire and Ultima Online™: Mondain's Legacy

Q: Do I have to wait for the release of Mondain's Legacy in order to play Ultima Online?
A: No! You can download the Ultima Online game client and get a 15-day free subscription from http://www.fileplanet.com/150525/150000/fileinfo/Ultima-Online-Gold-15-day-Trial

Q: Do I need an internet connection to play Ultima Online?
A: Yes, Ultima Online is played on the internet. There is no single player component to it.

Q: Where can I find the Ultima Online Terms of Service, Rules of Conduct and info about payment options?
A: You can find that information at http://support.uo.com/service.

XuriDabur

Sorceror
Lucid Nagual said:
I hate to say this, but Richard never left completely. He is still involved with Ultima Online. And I'm not surprised to hear about races, new woods, ect. I'm sure they have been watching RunUO for new ideas. :)
Err. It may come as news to you, but Garriot left UO and EA behind several years ago, and started a new company called Destination Games along with the person behind the "Lord Blackthorn"-character (Starr Long?), plus several of the original UO team after they were laid off following the disaster known as "Origin Worlds Online" or more commonly: "Ultima Online 2".

Now he's working for NCSoft, running their US division called NCSoft Austin, creating Tabula Rasa... I very much doubt he's still involved with Ultima Online.

lol well im all for new stuff
im not going to complain about the new expansion until i test it and have a solid reason to flame it
although i would like to see some kind of reply from a RunUO staff about the comment "that RunUO isnt up to par with UO:SE yet.."
I would like to see some RunUO devs. response... :D

Err. It may come as news to you, but Garriot left UO and EA behind several years ago, and started a new company called Destination Games along with the person behind the "Lord Blackthorn"-character (Starr Long?), plus several of the original UO team after they were laid off following the disaster known as "Origin Worlds Online" or more commonly: "Ultima Online 2".

Now he's working for NCSoft, running their US division called NCSoft Austin, creating Tabula Rasa... I very much doubt he's still involved with Ultima Online.
And when he left he said he would still be partcipating in Ultima Online, but that doesn't mean he was going to go through with it. There is always friendly talk in a situation like this, but another thing as time goes by. It will prove to be a big lose to EA Games I'm sure of it. I'll forever miss Richard's Ultima releases :( I've been playing since Ultima 3 hit the stores.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm looking forward to new graphics and the quest system myself. And I agree it seems like a small expansion. It prolly would of been smarter to release the Elf crap instead of SE and then introduce a new race this time :)

CEO

Sorceror
Lucid Nagual said:
It prolly would of been smarter to release the Elf crap instead of SE and then introduce a new race this time :)
You have to remember EA is in this for the $$$. While their userbase is shrinking in the US/Europe to new games like WoW, in Japan it's been reported as growing, almost like a cult following. Hence UO:SE.

Damn after reading that it looks like an awsome expansion it fits the story pretty good and adds ALOT of nice shit I mean 20% housing space increase is the best and spell weaving looks insane too. Harder enemies has me a tad worried cuz the SE shit was really tough compared to all the other stuff but it looks great to me. Better then F******G samurias and ninjas.

GMLordDavid

Wanderer
OMFG Elvs u gotta be jokeing Does Uo REALLY need to Keep Releaseing All these STUPID Land's/skills/REALLY retarded Weps . why ?? i personally will be boycotting uo "osi's" any how

Darkadia

Wanderer
Yes, Ultima Online is played on the internet. There is no single player component to it.

That line there... it's just... funny on a site like this.

It seems to me that the big thing that keeps people playing UO is the combat and the housing. Elves are getting new combat abilities, and there will be yet another land addition and new housing. I'd say they're not being lazy, so much as making additions that their targeted group will go for. Don't forget this new magic concept, since PAladin and Necromancy spells did so well for them already... Roleplayers are as always a secondary objective in an mmorpg, and what roleplayer wouldn't love to add their "thee's" and the "thou's" to a newly learnt elfen dialect?

Overall, I'm eager to see the new stuff... Hopefully RunUO will be able to get the elfish goodies implemented in record time, since it's already past the 1.0-release milestone.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Darkadia said:
That line there... it's just... funny on a site like this.

It seems to me that the big thing that keeps people playing UO is the combat and the housing. Elves are getting new combat abilities, and there will be yet another land addition and new housing. I'd say they're not being lazy, so much as making additions that their targeted group will go for. Don't forget this new magic concept, since PAladin and Necromancy spells did so well for them already... Roleplayers are as always a secondary objective in an mmorpg, and what roleplayer wouldn't love to add their "thee's" and the "thou's" to a newly learnt elfen dialect?

Overall, I'm eager to see the new stuff... Hopefully RunUO will be able to get the elfish goodies implemented in record time, since it's already past the 1.0-release milestone.
wrong

there will be no new land available.

MarciXs

Sorceror
Child Slayer666 said:
im not going to complain about the new expansion until i test it and have a solid reason to flame it
although i would like to see some kind of reply from a RunUO staff about the comment "that RunUO isnt up to par with UO:SE yet.."

hmm ... Dude wake up! Runuo gave us source code! You have that what they have(okay they have now better :p) but anyway.You can build all support by yourself.Why does you think RunUO should do this?They can anymoment say we are out! And then what you are going to do? You must to learn to programm yourself and start doing something not waiting on Runuo.Atleast I think so... dunno maybe i am wrong.

Phantom

Knight
Child Slayer666 said:

I can tell you that their private build supports almost all the new features.

It also supports some other things, but thats not important.

gideon_troy

Wanderer
I liked SE. I'll propably like ML because in the couple of years I've been playing UO I've tried a lot of other games. DAoC, EQ, WoW, etc etc etc. and even though UO may have a couple of problems and really sh*tty gfx, it still remains way ahead of every other mmorpg.

All the new mmorpgs remove your character skill freedom and force you into classes. The new mmorpgs focus more on graphics than gameplay. When I first saw WoW I was like WOW! But after playing it for a month it was more like oh... wow... Then I went back to playing UO.

Another expansion that adds some new stuff really won't hurt.

Have you seen all the UO developers that have left the last month? Speedman left yesterday too. And a few weeks ago, we had Vex, Oaks, Hanse and Sunsword have left or probably left or been transferred too.

gideon_troy

Wanderer
All the developers leaving is a bad sign, yes, but they will really really need to screw up UO or release UO2 before I stop playing. EA may suck for their greedy nature, but hopefully the expansion won't be bad just because of that. Anyway, we won't know until we play it.

Tintamar

Sorceror
I agree with previous poster, if their going to start adding races in add more then just elves.

Wonder if its going to bring in new paperdoll art or just new skills like previous expansions.

I seriously think EA has been poking around on player shards. OSI is begining to look more and more like a player shard lately with all the hues and stuff. What better place to get ideas from then shards ran by players. EA probably thankfull for RunUO to give them ideas of what the players really want.

Tintamar

Sorceror
Ankhesentapemkah said:
Have you seen all the UO developers that have left the last month? Speedman left yesterday too. And a few weeks ago, we had Vex, Oaks, Hanse and Sunsword have left or probably left or been transferred too.

Wheres that info from?