RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UO's Next expansion pack...

Tintamar said:
I seriously think EA has been poking around on player shards. OSI is begining to look more and more like a player shard lately with all the hues and stuff. What better place to get ideas from then shards ran by players. EA probably thankfull for RunUO to give them ideas of what the players really want.
Yep, they're finally going to do necro and paladin AI too now with the exact spell lists I've seen on playershards long ago.

elfs... wait arnt people already doing this on there own shard? makin maps and new races?
.... .... ......... yeah i thought so too. theres been talk of UO 2... i never even heard of that are there still links to what was looking so good? anyways.... yeah thats pretty sad tho... elfs..

Storm33229 said:
elfs... wait arnt people already doing this on there own shard? makin maps and new races?
.... .... ......... yeah i thought so too. theres been talk of UO 2... i never even heard of that are there still links to what was looking so good? anyways.... yeah thats pretty sad tho... elfs..
UO2 was the so-called 'secret project', which is cancelled not long ago.

nykademus

Wanderer
The good thing is if we don't like it we don't have to add it... If the new UO sucks SO be it just don't add the new features .. If you like a certain feature just add it...

Thats what I think about the new relases...

StrikeRTM

Wanderer
Sounds terribly. When I first saw the Mondain's soemthing image on stratics I thought it's some other Ultima, VI, V, something else...in a few minutes of reading I understood what It realy was of course, but couldn't believe they're going to release it so fast after the release of SE...

Now I tell you this, they should put the best things together and take the worst out...like who needs those makoto pigments and artys that make pvp suck...common, 1sec heals, 200 dex, 200 str or 180 int...gah it's not like the old days :(...when pvp was actualy fun. And each new map is even smaller than the previous...

Graphics engine...there's nothing wrong with it, but it is kinda "OLD..." They should make a new 3D engine, but not like WoW or etc. The wiev point must stay the way it was, that makes UO what it has been for so long. 2D engine coudl be made better too...MUCH better. They would get mroei ncomers, wich means more $$$ instead of releasing bad expansions with lots of crap in them.

To say the least, UO has been a grat thing for a long time, but with time it starts rotting... :eek:

nex666

Sorceror
The shattering of the Gem of Immortality was the genesis of Ultima Online™. The shards created were perfect images of Sosaria. But with the essence of immortality seeping from the fragmented shards, the fabric of the universe began to unravel.

While mysterious guardian spirits are credited with the salvation of Sosaria, in actuality, the primal cooperative magic of the elves mended the world anew. Such an immense enterprise, weakened the fey folk significantly and they withdrew from the world and its affairs to restore themselves.

As self-proclaimed but severely drained protectors of the land, the elves watched in sorrow as plague swept through Yew and decimated the region, converting it to a foul swampland. Isolated and safe, the elves waited until the time was right to come forth again into the world...

... that time is nearly upon us.

Uh...in NO other Ultima games were there "elven" protectors, I think they should change the name now to "Generic Fantasy Setting Online". Using the Ultima name really feels bad for me, imagine how Garriot feels.
They try to incorporate Ultima storyline into UO, but even the introduction to UO is completely flawed.

The Stranger uses a time machine to step outside of natural time and penetrate Mondain's stronghold.In the ensuing battle, the Stranger shatters Mondain's Gem of Immortality and then slays Mondain. Three stray shards of the Gem are accidentally scattered.

These 3 gems are 3 other lands, one being "Serpent Isle".

gideon_troy

Wanderer
Well. There were Elves in U3. And I think they were good guys.

There were humans, elves, dwarves, bobits and fuzzies. Who knows. Maybe those are the races for the next expansion.

gideon_troy

Wanderer
I think they want to test out the whole race thing first by introducing a single race instead of giving players the sudden choice of 5 or 6 races. They can see the responce. If the race idea flops then they propably won't add more, but if the races go over well we'll propably see another expansion that adds more than just one race.

nex666

Sorceror
gideon_troy said:
Well. There were Elves in U3. And I think they were good guys.

There were humans, elves, dwarves, bobits and fuzzies. Who knows. Maybe those are the races for the next expansion.

You're right, I never thought about this, but Ultima 3 is kind of strange. I guess they uh..sorta uh, yeah :eek:
I guess they were in one of the other 3 lands and never carried through to the rest of the games.

I think they should have added Gargoyles as a race though, they were way more significant.

cfaust

Wanderer
EA mayhaps be after our money; but there are people out there like me that don't mind the expansions (with the exception of TD and LBR), and hope that EA continues to add more graphics and anims to the game. So far the expansions haven't been to far out of phase with the original series of Ultima.

Dilvish

Wanderer
cfaust said:
EA mayhaps be after our money; but there are people out there like me that don't mind the expansions (with the exception of TD and LBR), and hope that EA continues to add more graphics and anims to the game. So far the expansions haven't been to far out of phase with the original series of Ultima.

Really?!? Which Ultima had Ninjas?

gideon_troy

Wanderer
I really didn't mind SE. Who the hell cares if they added ninja's and samurai. They created the UO universe, so they can expand it if they like. In one of the interviews on stratics they said that MR would not be the last expansion.

GG521

Wanderer
ROFL! I can see this now. The next expansion will be named "Ultima Online meets Counter-Strike." For this they will team up with Valve and add military guns to Ultima Online. This way both EA and Valve can piss off people more than they could by themselves. All I have to say is gl getting my money EA, because I quit your shit over a year ago. RunUO > OSI

Wysh

Wanderer
gideon_troy said:
I really didn't mind SE. Who the hell cares if they added ninja's and samurai. They created the UO universe, so they can expand it if they like. In one of the interviews on stratics they said that MR would not be the last expansion.

Thats where your wrong my friend... OSI - Origin Systems Incorporated - Made Uo Since EA took over the Uo universe its gone from bad to worse... i mean i like the new expansions and all but this next one is nothin but a joke and a pothot to all us *Old players* bring in the hobbits!!

big_cat

Wanderer
I must say alot of what I have seen here is what was said about SE as well, but for some reason 90% of shards you find on Gateway are running SE, so it can't have been to bad, now I admit it doesn't sound great but I will wait until it is released and I have seen the expansion before I make judgement. Some of the features will be good I think, and as far as elves how many free shards have races? Well we will see how it goes

tecnalta

Wanderer
why don't finish the RunUO website

now you will develop a Race System?

it is very good

and before develop a game: why don't finish the RunUO website? (Script place, etc..), thank's

Darkadia

Wanderer
nex666 said:
I never thought about this, but Ultima 3 is kind of strange. I guess they uh..sorta uh, yeah :eek:... I think they should have added Gargoyles as a race though, they were way more significant.

Actually the entire Ultima series tried different things and dropped them without warning. Elves came and went, space age weapons came and went, gelatinous slimes came and went. Personally, the first time I played UO, (T2A days), I watched the video, and I recognised the scene they were playing thru... It's the end of Ultima 1, where you kill the invincible Mondain by destroying the gem. Now, the funny part to me was who would ever have used the sword to do the job? The "blaster" worked at a range, and did more damage.

Right. Ultima started out with a spaceship, fighting on the moon, and a readily available weapon called a blaster. And we're worrying about sticking to the medieval fantasy universe feel in UO.

Admittedly I think Gargoyles should have been the new race instead of Elves, since they were made so prevalent in Ultima 6, (or was it 7?). Ultima always had an explorative view of good versus evil, which is why they've strived to make some of the monsters occasionally 'good', such as orcs, trolls, and gargoyles. And don't forget the Avatar using 'evil' magic like necromancy in Ultima 8.

Btw, someone mentioned in the first 3 Ultima games you could play as a hobbit/bobbit... I don't recall this at all in Ultima 1 or Akalabeth. You just existed, race wasn't even brought up.