RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why don't you play on OSI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liminosse

Wanderer
lol... haters everywhere.... IMM BACK, like anyone cares, but the fact is everyone has their own opinion and of course the simplest anwsers are always the best ones, people saying UO is PVP or UO is RPG, grow up and think for yourselves, your playing the game you don't have to play to impress someone else, it;s just a game. "Every player has their own way of playing the game." Bear - .Hack//SIGN. maybe you should all go out and get this anime, its about an online game not unlike UO other then the technology, It may teach you something about yerself and about the game itself

Liminosse
--------
Someone once told me anything is possable... I came to prove it!!

Haven Inc.

wolf

Wanderer
osi ever since the whole ea sports thing turned into some kinda crappy little world based on ebay bought accts it lost it's luster years ago lol i mean whats next they gonna add a champ spawn for the john madden champ? well thats my opinion ea should've just stuck with plx games and left uo alone :twisted:

Tim

Wanderer
I stopped playing on paid shards and player shards alike. The reason I stopped playing on paid shards is because of the other players. There were a lot of good people, but the annoying people out numbered them and you can only kill them so many times before even that gets boring.

I don't play on player run shards because I feel that 5 years is enough. I have the intention of starting my own shard now. Hopefully it'll be a place where new and veteran players can call home.

8ball

Wanderer
Why don't I like OSI, It is the players, it's the money, and it's the GM's.

When OSI changed the game around to get more people into Fel, I lost it.
You cannot go into Fel without getting attacked!!! They camp at the moongates. Where is the sport in that. How is this considered good pvp?

After playing for some time I realized I have spent around $400 on this game. That is WAY too much!!! Mind you I did sell all my stuff on ebay and make a very nice profit :)

And then we have the GM's.
One in particular, there were some very nice GM's, but one in particular for some reason did not like me. Until I ran into him I never had any flags on my account. I have never broken ANY rules in the game, but for whatever reason he had a problem with me. He hounded me he jailed me, he killed me, you name it he did it. Once he even spawned the harrower and droped me all alone in the middle of it. And I was wearing my best eq!!!! I lost way too much beacuse of him. After many many complaints and pleas, they finally looked into my claims, and found I was telling the truth. He never messed with me again, but by then it was too late. The Damage had been done.

BooshnigBomb

Wanderer
http://www.wtfman.com/uo2movie.htm

There will literally be people from around the globe playing?
Yes. and there will be thousands of japs, fags, rednecks, morons and losers simultaneously vying to "r0x j00."
[/b]

Lord Sidius

Wanderer
well my only reason for not playing is that when I buy a game I dont see that I should pay everytime I Play the game.. I have manygames that are multiplayer.. even over the net and it is free.... I played when I first bought the game for the free month and that was only because it was free and even then i felt that it was to crowded and people liked to screw people that was less stronger than they were... I myself like to play rpg's however paying to play after having bought the game is a little wrong...it feels like you didnt buy the game you are renting it. :?: :!: :rolleyes:

psz

Administrator
Technically, you DIDN'T buy the game. You bought a liscense to use the game and the monthly fee is for the service of a persistant state world.

Sparta

Wanderer
I agree with most of you completely OSI time after has screwed themselves... I basically worked my ass off all those days and nights on a character or heh account of 5 chars so that osi could come out with AOS!
Sure.. Pub 16 was bad but I got over it and had some fun then.. the next thing then finally AOS.. I about had it.. As I said most of you are right

It became so much laggier, the resistances are gay, then get this.. You wait about 1 hour or 2 for GM assistance and you get this message..
"We cannot asssist you on this problem please visist our website or contact us at blah blah blah blah blah.........."
That is pretty pathetic.. It use to be about 15 pages to go from now its like 600!!!!
And now :rolleyes: they wana charge 13$!?!?!?!? tahts bullshit if you ask me.. There service and game gets worse then the expect you to pay more.. ARG! Pisses me off! I started playing siege because that was sorta still like old days till a friend of mine and someone on there mentioned that it will soon be fully aos enabled thats when i just turned my osi account off and said fuck it

Sparta

Wanderer
Oh and not to mention every single stupid ass ebayer that sit in town 24/7 showing off there game items and never play the damn game.. All they do is create a shit load of lag.. My opinion? Play the Damn game or get off

Syther

Wanderer
osi

osi is ok... i have acct on there i play it every so often im to busying running a shard and other things to play it i like how theres like now town kill and they always do what makes the game great and there connections own they have like 500 ppl on a shard no lag at all its really pretty kool but sumone times they add **** that makes the game bad.. i like AoS the new houses and such but the way you can reventant people in pvp is so ****** up i mean my gosh you can run or anything it basily instand ddeaht whenever you plkay sumthing like that.. pvp is cool but theres so many bufgs and such that make it not fair or fun so i like trammel and such and since the gm basicly do nothing butg sit there and laugh at your problems it gets very old with the stupid support they give you they dont help you they dont even answer your questions they just use the little premade thing just so its easy they get paid for siting for laughing at people ! and they get a free acct i wish was a osi gm FREE money! and more fun laughting at people that need help **pretends to be a osi gm* "HAHA silly morons i love this free money nothing to do !! hahah morons" thats how they act i promise you the ones they do help are ne ver on!

mooglyfab

Wanderer
Bods and GM armor

Collecting those darn Bods, just to get a pickaxe.

But what really made me leave, was how AoS made GM armor basically useless. Pre-AoS I could grab a nice GM Leather suit for my mage and go Red Hunting with KoA, well protected and if I lost everything it was no big deal at all. But even before AoS the PvP was starting to get pretty weak on LS.

Oh well 4 years was enough, and RunUO is a lot of fun

Swaileh

Wanderer
EBay slaughtered OSI's UO.. well, I will admit that OSI did hand EBay the gun and say 'Please, put me out of my misery,' but the fact remains that when you log on to see some 13 year old kid on an account that's been around since Beta, you KNOW that lil' bastard got his mommy to buy it for him on EBay.. sure, I was a 13 year old kid playing UO once, too.. but that was back in the days when UO was less Mass-Marketing and more gaming, one can argue that mass marketing is gaming, but not when you do so while royally screwing your loyal followers. And the fact that OSI never listened past UO:R's release, they felt they were doing the right then.. but I can't say that as for AOS.. hell I don't even think THEY know what they're thinking with AOS. And enough of my pointless ranting and complaints.. 5 years of OSI's crap was enough, especially when they stole my keep away, because my neighbor said it was placed illegally ('omfg dude a rock?! wtf man cheeter u shud git baned' That 12 year old kid SUCKED!) Oh, but one question.. why did they take away the cannibalism? Walking away with a nice piece of leg jerky from some RPer to feed to your pet dog was so satisfying.. :D

Roseanne

Wanderer
After playing on the player shard I play on, there's no turning back... Custom dungoens, custom monsters, great weapons/items to be had, making gold in respectable amounts of time, decent skill gains, family oriented player base, people helping people... if the shard closed down, I'm afraid I'd have to get a real life again lolololol

Atomic

Wanderer
I don't play OSI because I like to be able to change stuff that I don't like in the game, and with RunUO I can do it.

PS:You just revived a very old post :p

Player

Wanderer
UO:R Ruled

I played osi I got all the upgrades and all that but after a while it got a complicated and got costly and just sucked ass. I mean UO:R kicked butt just my opinion all I know is Uo osi aint worth paying 10$ or any money at all diablo 2 is better than that junk game, and its free.

PS: Run Uo Rules!

I've played it for 2.5 years, even after AOS came out.

Then there was that dumb Royal Guard event which gave those sashes. I waited for over 50 hours with only a couple of hours sleep in between for a GM to show up and give us a quest for a sash (missed first round and they said they would give more) Noone showed up. A week later or so they did appear and we had to go to Fel to get a traitor dude. We got killed by PKs. And they just got back to Tram, saying what a great event it was, and then didn't give us a sash and left!

I don't care much about the crap item, but it's they way they kept me waiting for nothing, didn't inform us properly, came up with such a crap event that wasn't planned well, and then just abandoned us. Haven't logged on OSI since.

Status
Not open for further replies.