RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 1.0.0 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braun

Wanderer
Pyro-Tech said:
and now to investigate the OSI licensing thing....that kinda made me laugh when i saw an osi license deal there

This stands for Open Source, not Origin Systems,

Although it does raise an eyebrow or two. LOL.
It had me wondering as well, at least until I saw it
in another thread which explains what an OSI license is. :)

Divine irony :p

I can't wait to get my hands on the goodies... I think we've been nice enough in the subscribers section to get at least a 30 second head start on everyone else :p

Download server had better brace for impact hehe

Braun

Wanderer
LOL I AGREE.....
Nothing against Non subscribers, but I say at least a few seconds anyway...
Im not a subscriber, but my wife is so does that still make me a subscriber...
Hummm, maybe Im screwing my self here LOL.
Better be bringing home some roses tonight, maybe a few chocalates.

Merlin*

Super Newb Moderator
Braun said:
LOL I AGREE.....
Nothing against Non subscribers, but I say at least a few seconds anyway...
Im not a subscriber, but my wife is so does that still make me a subscriber...
Hummm, maybe Im screwing my self here LOL.
Better be bringing home some roses tonight, maybe a few chocalates.

No No You don't get it it's always what's hers is hers and what's yours is hers.

E

ereinion

I'm uninstall my run uo RCO test shard :) but i 'm little bit worry about open sorce

Spudz777

Sorceror
So, probably a silly question...

Ryan said:
As the development team ties up the loose ends around 1.0.0 we wanted to let you know that we will be giving everyone 24 hours notice to the time that 1.0.0 will go online for download.

Is this the 24 hour notice, or is this notice of the 24-hour notice (I think that made sense...)?

Either way, I'm on the edge of my seat...

Phantom

Knight
Spudz777 said:
So, probably a silly question...

Is this the 24 hour notice, or is this notice of the 24-hour notice (I think that made sense...)?

Either way, I'm on the edge of my seat...

Read the entire post again, said it might be delayed.

This isn't the 24 hour notice, considering its not on the cvs yet, not that I know the information that would allow me to check that.

I just know they are still working on it ( based on the fact Ryan said they were ).

of course I only speak for my hairy ass, so anything I say in this matter can't be taken for a grain of salt, but you could I suppose...

Spudz777

Sorceror
As usual, Phantom, you are very direct. Thanks for the confirmation.

I love it, BTW:
Phantom said:
Ifway ouyay ancay eadray isthay, enthay Iway ivegay ouyay ymay ittenwray ermissionpay otay ontactcay emay.

[Drakull]

Knight
Iway asway eingbay amelay andway asway usingway anway Englishway
otay Igpay Atinlay Anslatortray.
I was being lame and was using an English to Pig Latin Translator.

Iway oonsay illway earnlay isthay oolcay Igpay Atinlay, andway
on'tway avehay otay ebay amelay andway useway away anslatortray.
I soon will learn this cool Pig Latin, and won't have to be lame and use a translator.

:) Well... i just tried to follow the logic that it uses... doesn't seem really difficult, but it still gets me confused when some of the words are keeping the normal sorting.
For what I could see, the first letter goes to the end of the word and it is followed by "ay". If the first letter is a vocal it was adding way instead of "way" instead and it seems that is also the exception where it is keeping the sorting.
Lol

Orfay atwhay Iway ouldcay eesay, ethay irstfay etterlay oesgay otay ethway endway ofway ethay orday andway itway isway ollowedfay ybay "ayway". Ifway ethay irstfay etterlay isway away ocalvay itway asway addingway ayway insteadway ofway "ayway" insteadway andway itway eemssay hattay isway alsoway ethay exceptionway erewhay itway isay eepingkay ethay ortingsay.

ollay

Phantom

Knight
I am reallly bored:

This English to Pig Latin translation program performs a (near-) perfect translation of any English text to Pig Latin. Words, phrases, sentences, paragraphs and more.

There are many dialects and forms of Pig Latin which vary from region to region, country to country, and language to language, as well as other similar, and dissimilar, Pig Latin-like 'languages'. The dialect shown here tends to hail from California/West Coast of the United States.

Basically, the Pig Latin system used here works as follows:

* Words that start with a vowel (A, E, I, O, U) simply have "WAY" appended to the end of the word.
* Words that start with a consonant have all consonant letters up to the first vowel moved to the end of the word (as opposed to just the first consonant letter), and "AY" is appended.
('Y' is counted as a vowel in this context)

The algorithm incorporates the following features and special case functionality:

* Ensures proper capitalization
* Correct upper case and lower case formatting
* Correctly translates "qu" (e.g., ietquay instead of uietqay)
* Differentiates between "Y" as vowel and "Y" as consonant
(e.g. yellow = elloyay and style = ylestay) — (except for a very few exceptions)
* Correctly translates contractions
* Hyphenated words are treated as two words
* Words may consist of alphabetic characters only (A-Z and a-z)
* All punctuation, numerals, symbols and whitespace are not modified

Status
Not open for further replies.