RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In preperation for upcoming events...

HellRazor

Knight
Mctetly said:
what do we have to do when the new release is out if we have a shard already running

can we just run the new version and put our files in it or do we have to start from scratch, hope we can just update our old shard files

have been waiting to use the new features for sooooooooooooooooo long now and my players can't wait for the ninja and ml stuff to be working.

well done run uo team for working so hard XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Based on past releases, it should be "plug and play" as long as you haven't added custom scripts or made a lot of changes to the RunUO scripts for your shard.

Mctetly

Wanderer
runuo2.0

thanks for the reasurance i will have to check what i have modified and see what i need to keep and change over but it should just swap over

again thanks for the good work and speedy reply:) :) :)

Mctetly said:
what do we have to do when the new release is out if we have a shard already running

can we just run the new version and put our files in it or do we have to start from scratch, hope we can just update our old shard files

have been waiting to use the new features for sooooooooooooooooo long now and my players can't wait for the ninja and ml stuff to be working.

well done run uo team for working so hard XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
You know there has been nothing said in this thread by the RunUO team about "the new release". As a matter-of-fact, I wouldn't even count on one of the "upcoming events" Ryan was mentioning being "the new release" that everyone seems to think is coming so soon. Ryan's post was almost 3 weeks ago, and the only change I've seen is the forum design styles. There hasn't been any word on 2.0 and I stopped waiting around for it to come out long ago. Honestly though, I could care less now. I took the advice of the RunUO team and fixed all their bugs and progressed their release myself instead of counting on their release to help me.

HellRazor

Knight
autumntwilight said:
You know there has been nothing said in this thread by the RunUO team about "the new release". As a matter-of-fact, I wouldn't even count on one of the "upcoming events" Ryan was mentioning being "the new release" that everyone seems to think is coming so soon. Ryan's post was almost 3 weeks ago, and the only change I've seen is the forum design styles. There hasn't been any word on 2.0 and I stopped waiting around for it to come out long ago. Honestly though, I could care less now. I took the advice of the RunUO team and fixed all their bugs and progressed their release myself instead of counting on their release to help me.

Ryan announced that RunUO 2.0 is being released in April.

kethoth

Page
if it's like the last one you can upgrade without having to start over unless you have to make some changes to the playermobile etc that require a wipe

Mctetly

Wanderer
runuo2.0

ok that about set's the record straight and this was the email i recieved from runuo forum team " RunUO is ready to take its next step into the Ultima Online emulation
world with RunUO 2.0 and a brand new shard UO Gamers: Divinity and we
would like you to take part in both events! RunUO 2.0 is slated for
release in April and is undergoing some internal quality assurance right
now. We anticipate RunUO 2.0 being one of the largest RunUO releases to
date with a major overhaul of the underlying systems that drive RunUO.

During the time of working on RunUO 2.0 the RunUO team built and
maintained a couple of successful RunUO shards and we are getting ready to
launch a brand new one, UO Gamers: Divinity. Divinity will be a T2A era
shard, bringing back everything you remember about Ultima Online. We
invite you all to try it, as it will open up tomorrow 3/15/2006 at 22:00
GMT. You should ensure that you have the latest Razor version and have
your client fully updated as this shard will block PlayUO (aka: Krrios
Client).

Similarly we are hoping to launch our completely redesigned RunUO.com
website tomorrow. This website is in preparation for the upcoming RunUO
2.0 release. We thank you for your patience over the last year and we
look forward to another great RunUO release, and RunUO shard within the
same month."

Ravenal

Knight
kethoth said:
if it's like the last one you can upgrade without having to start over unless you have to make some changes to the playermobile etc that require a wipe

If you do your serialization correctly you will NOT have this problem =)

jack trades

Wanderer
Ryan said:
phpBB is the only project that I know that is vaporware on the "next release".

phpBB 2 was announced HOW MANY YEARS AGO??? STILL NOTHING.

At least its only been just over a year since our last release, but we have something to show for it.
Development has picked up a lot in the past couple months. In fact development is nearly complete and ready for beta. They just opened up the bug tracker to bug reports. It has great new features like catching and a modular system system for extentions. If you want to learn more about it:

http://area51.phpbb.com/

Ravenal

Knight
jack trades said:
Development has picked up a lot in the past couple months. In fact development is nearly complete and ready for beta. They just opened up the bug tracker to bug reports. It has great new features like catching and a modular system system for extentions. If you want to learn more about it:

http://area51.phpbb.com/

There are somethings PHPBB will never reach as good as VBulletin... VBulletin has so much to offer and its so easy to modifiy things than PHPBB, It takes me hours to even understand the concept of PHPBB to where I can create a whole Site from Stratch with VBulletin with Portal Plugins, Arcades, Pets, Point Systems, RPG System, theres so many things out there that VBulletin can provide that PHPBB will require a WHOLE new remake... VBulletin is what Ryan chooses, then thats what he chooses... PHPBB is free also where VBulletin cost to have a license... But it is well worth it...

EDIT:

Oh plus... VBulletin has came out with 3 releases... 1.0, 2.0, and now 3.5+ versions... PHPBB just coming out with #2... VBulletin has a professional staff where phpbb does too but don't get to you right away... plus VBulletin has thousands of developers creating systems for it...

sidsid

Sorceror
Mctetly said:
ok that about set's the record straight and this was the email i recieved from runuo forum team " RunUO is ready to take its next step into the Ultima Online emulation
world with RunUO 2.0 and a brand new shard UO Gamers: Divinity and we
would like you to take part in both events! RunUO 2.0 is slated for
release in April and is undergoing some internal quality assurance right
now. We anticipate RunUO 2.0 being one of the largest RunUO releases to
date with a major overhaul of the underlying systems that drive RunUO.

During the time of working on RunUO 2.0 the RunUO team built and
maintained a couple of successful RunUO shards and we are getting ready to
launch a brand new one, UO Gamers: Divinity. Divinity will be a T2A era
shard, bringing back everything you remember about Ultima Online. We
invite you all to try it, as it will open up tomorrow 3/15/2006 at 22:00
GMT. You should ensure that you have the latest Razor version and have
your client fully updated as this shard will block PlayUO (aka: Krrios
Client).

Similarly we are hoping to launch our completely redesigned RunUO.com
website tomorrow. This website is in preparation for the upcoming RunUO
2.0 release. We thank you for your patience over the last year and we
look forward to another great RunUO release, and RunUO shard within the
same month."

Gonna be an April fool's joke, buddy. Sorry :-(

Mctetly

Wanderer
Runuo2

If this is an april fool joke then yea it does suk and i will be thinking of starting a sphere server instead as shard owners have been waiting for ages to get access to the sam empir and ml stuff as like me tghey can't script or don't know enough to do it them selves

jack trades

Wanderer
There are somethings PHPBB will never reach as good as VBulletin... VBulletin has so much to offer and its so easy to modifiy things than PHPBB
If you know programming, phpBB is so quick and easy to modify. The new version coming out should have everything that the common user needs which right now is only available through mods.

Comparing phpBB to vBullitin is quite unfair at the moment because phpBB is nearing 4 years old since it's last release. But by the end of the year phpBB should surpass vBulletin with release of Version 3 and a solid arrary of Moduale releases.

Arcanus

Wanderer
Yeah, it is kinda like comparing Linux to Windows. Open Source is the way to go. Just sucks that I'm forced into using Windows due to the limited availability of many proggies for Linux. I like PHPBB just fine since I dont need anything else to run my site. I like the freedom to make websites with html, php or a combination of things, so I really dont need the front door that vBulletin offers. It's a cool looking forum, I'll give it that, but really not worth me spending the money on to keep up with licences. The more basic the better. But that's me and my tastes of course. Some people might need everything that Vb offers.

jorisan

Wanderer
Clues on how to prepare for new RunUO 2.0?

I am very excited about the new release comeing out. But, being a basic Blonde, I need a little advise as how to prepare my files and shard for the transition. I want to be as preparied as possable, but my files are not in perfact condition. So, Any help in this department would be greatly appreciated.

:confused:

Arcanus

Wanderer
When that time comes, Id be more than happy to help where I can. So far, from what I understand, it'll effect you mostly if some of the main files are edited, such as the playermobile. Best to use a document tool that compares the two files. I use WinMerge It's a Gem of a tool that compares two files so you can edit them as you see fit. But still, should you need some help, I'll offer what I can without hesitation.

GreyGhost

Sorceror
Cant Wait!

trying to wait patiently but really
CANT WAIT :D
CANT WAIT :p
CANT WAIT :cool:

IM JUST A LITTLE GHOST :rolleyes:
A TINY LITTLE GHOST ;)
A GHOST :cool:
AHHHH WHERE :eek:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH! :eek:
BEHIND YOU! :eek:

WarAngel

Wanderer
GreyGhost said:

A TINY LITTLE GHOST ;)

*sheer and utter confusion*

Admin God

Wanderer
GreyGhost said:

A TINY LITTLE GHOST ;)

That made no sense but it did indeed scare me.